Eaton swap on Mach1 is on progress in NB, Canada

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Guy's, Marco will get back to this thread soon, This thread will be very interesting beleive me. Yesterday we drove 4hrs to the state of Maine to pickup all the parts that he bought from Tousely Ford and shipped to my cousin in Maine. I can't believe how much stuff their is. Anyway Marco This will be an amazing project, cant wait to see it progress, and what makes it more special is that you are at the same time educating your Mecanic shop student on this!!!! Awsome man:rockon:

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Second period!

Hello guys. My parts are filally arrived. I will continue my project really soon.
I took time to explain to my students how blower works and technicality.
I invite you to check this thread.
Marco

100_0972.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0976.jpg

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Nice having "Free" labor isn't it Marco:-D Your students must be having fun working on your project rather then their regular classes.

bighunt

Established Member
Beautiful car Marco.

What sort of numbers will the car be putting down when it's all said and done?

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Today, I've installed:

I was wondering what to do with the knock senser. But after search, Cobra don't have some. So, I've put them on my toolbox.

I've figur my original water pump pulley is not good. To big. So I need to find one...
And in my Timing cover, the idler pulley was not inclued. So I need to find one...

But I got many time to do this project. I really enjoy to do this.

Tomorroy, I will install, power steering pump, cooler pump, A/C pump... everything that was disconnect.

Last edited:

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
When that job will be finish, I want to try my car with that gear: 4:30 ( Just for the feeling on a start). But I know I will probably going down.... BUT, I'm steel looking for a good start than top speed

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Today, I've installed:

I was wondering what to do with the knock senser. But after search, Cobra don't have some. So, I've put them on my toolbox.

I've figur my original water pump pulley is not good. To big. So I need to find one...
And in my Timing cover, the idler pulley was not inclued. So I need to find one...

But I got many time to do this project. I really enjoy to do this.

Tomorroy, I will install, power steering pump, cooler pump, A/C pump... everything that was disconnect.

you can use the stock water pump pulley, I used my stock idler pulley from the mach timing cover on the cobra timin cover.

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Yeah you're right but mine has been changed and my stock one are gone...
Now I'me wondering about 2 things.
1. I'm looking to know what goes on the small hole treaded in the bottom of the lower intake.
2. IN my harmonic balancer, the small thing in the center is misssing. Probably, that thing ( a small treaded shaft) is going to be fix on the crank pully??

Thank for helping me!

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Yeah you're right but mine has been changed and my stock one are gone...
Now I'me wondering about 2 things.
1. I'm looking to know what goes on the small hole treaded in the bottom of the lower intake.
2. IN my harmonic balancer, the small thing in the center is misssing. Probably, that thing ( a small treaded shaft) is going to be fix on the crank pully??

Thank for helping me!

Oh. you had UDPs then. If your talkin about inside the bottom of the intake then its for the PCV vent on the drivers side valve cover. it Ts off and goes to the back of the SC and the valve cover. I was told after i had already put the SC and everything in that i should have just done away with it. Your lower crank pulley for the SC have treads that screw into the Harmonic balancer.

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
Awesome project Marco! I see you are in NB as well, cool! I'd like to check that beast out someday and I see you know Junior, I do too. We met last year at the track in Miramichi.

Im loving the Color on your Mach. You dont see many around especially with the DSG paint.

Keep up the good work!

Jared

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Tabarnac Marco!!!!! are you dead lol Give us some update. I know where you are at with your project but I am sure lot's of guys are wondering. Later Man

Junior

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Dyno result

Hi every body. I finally finish my project. Everything was going perferctly. No problem at all!!!

DSCF0053.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF0046.jpg

The car is running very good. I brought the car at B&M (MOncton) for a tune and dyno run. I want to tell every body in province of New Brunswick how Brett is quite knowledgable in mechanic and make a good final touch on my car.
My car hit 435 RWHP with 4.30 gear. Brett tells that will be probably 455 RWHP with 3.73 gear (that's what I'm gonna put)

Sanstitre.jpg
[/IMG]

Next step: I'll make my shaker hood fonctionnal. See you in 3 weeks.

Marco

DarkMach1

Established Member
Good numbers. As far as the shaker, just gut it and bolt it on top of the Eaton so the blower can get some cool air while driving.

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Marco, these are great numbers!!!!! We know that a stock Cobra have about 400 give or take at the wheels. The numbers you pulled are awsome because you manage to pull bigger numbers than a stock cobra with the same stock blower and boost!!!! you should be proud my friend!!!!! that thing will be a monster:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread