Eaton swap on Mach1 is on progress in NB, Canada

DarkMach1

Established Member
Marco, these are great numbers!!!!! We know that a stock Cobra have about 400 give or take at the wheels. The numbers you pulled are awsome because you manage to pull bigger numbers than a stock cobra with the same stock blower and boost!!!! you should be proud my friend!!!!! that thing will be a monster:beer:

He's doing a lot better, when I dynoed mine, my tuner said that a bone stock cobra(motor wise) with x-pipe and catback pulled just over 370whp in that dyno so Eaton machs are putting down about 50whp more than a stock or near stock cobra.

DarkMach1

Established Member
It's because of the compression difference, cobra 8.5, mach 1 10.1
Thats were the other 50rwhp is coming from.

Correct. The difference could've been more, Im thinking about going back for a race tune for those "just incase" moments.

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Fonctionnal shaker with Eanton on Mach1

Hello everybody. Here's the final touch on my project (Eaton on Mach1) to make the shaker hood fonctionnal.

1) I did the pan under the scoop to make it bolt on the top of the blower

DSCF0063.jpg
[/IMG]

2) I've shaped a pipe with a piece of styrofoam and after the shape desire, I've raped it with fiberglass. Finaly, I've put it in gas to melt the styrofoam.

DSCF0068.jpg
[/IMG]

3) With some adjustements and finishing touchs there's the result.

DSCF0078.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF0077.jpg

Marco

VtecDis

Freelance Gynecologist
Established Member
THAT IS AMAZING. any chance you could make another if i paid you?

bwahl602

Established Member
wow dude nice job!!!!

i was skeptical about making it functional, but that turned out great... very nice work!!

i agree though, you can get some fresh air to the intake other ways, i think cool air for the Heaton is a good idea

Marco Thibeault

Established Member
Hello, Yes that is possible. But I need to know what kind intake box you have.

Price will be around 500$

6 week ( excuse for the delay but I'm pretty busy at this time of the year)

Let me know

Marco

VtecDis

Freelance Gynecologist
Established Member
Correct. The difference could've been more, Im thinking about going back for a race tune for those "just incase" moments.

wow. so with the termi shortblock i have (with no tune... waiting to do my eton swap) i could be putting down 50 or more LESS hp then the stock mach shortblock?!

Hello, Yes that is possible. But I need to know what kind intake box you have.

Price will be around 500$

6 week ( excuse for the delay but I'm pretty busy at this time of the year)

Let me know

Marco

i have a JLT, but thats a little too pricey for me. maybe sometime in the future! i still have to install the eaton :beer:

DarkMach1

Established Member
wow. so with the termi shortblock i have (with no tune... waiting to do my eton swap) i could be putting down 50 or more LESS hp then the stock mach shortblock?!

Yes, if you go from a stock mach1 shortblock(10.1:1 comp.) to a cobra shortblock(8.5:1 comp.) you will lose power, but then again with the cobra shortblock you can change the pulley on the eaton and make decent power.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member

But good comes from using the termi block, forged rods/pistons!
Marco's probably only running a 8.5psi stock pulley, you can go with a smaller pulley and idler pulley! Then shoot for 500rwhp.

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Marco will not say it but I will!!!!!! Is Mach is just a beast!!! Last sathurday, we went for a drive there was a pullied 2010 GT-500. They tried each other. 2nd to end of 4th he stayed side by side with the GT-500!!!!! We where so impressed. Again good job my friend:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread