Eaton swap to turbo

cotySRT-4

Established Member
The story:

I have a 2001 cobra and a couple years ago I did a complete eaton swap on my car. After getting it put on within having the car tuned and back on the street 30 mins a rod started knocking. It was blown almost all summer last year and got the new 03-04 motor from ford and started breaking it in so I have about 1700 miles on this setup. The setup has maybe 50k miles on it total and now I want to go turbo.

I'm looking for some1 somewhat local I can swap. I was hoping to find some1 that has a single turbo setup I can swap for or at least buy the parts I need so I can take off the eaton to sell. It's all stock pulleys but the eaton is a stage 4 steggy. If any1 is interested and wants to try and work out something PM me or you can reach me via text/call at 573-253-9252.

Thanks Coty

cotySRT-4

Established Member
A lot of 99-01 and mach 1 guys like the eaton route but most of them get discouraged b/c it's just a pain to search down all them parts. I some1 has a turbo and want to go blower or they may have a nice whipple or kenne bell but don't have the full kit that's where I can come in. Or if some1 has the parts I need to go turbo and I go NA for a while until I sell this kit then so be it. I'm just looking for options

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have an intake and a timing cover sitting in the garage if you end up needing them.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

SlowSVT

Established Member
Retrofitting a Cobra to a Turbo is not a weekend swap. I think it typically costs about 10K when all said and done though it can be done cheaper.

A twin screw would be easier and a lot less expensive with no "lag"

cotySRT-4

Established Member
ttt

Just looking to see if there is anybody interested in a full eaton swap before I even think about pulling it off. Or seeing if anybody wants to work out something where they start pulling off what I need and I'll pull off what they need then work on the remaining cost from there.

Users who are viewing this thread