Eaton Swapped 01 Cobra vs. LS2 GTO

2K1 SVT

Established Member
I was out enjoying the car in Mexico when I saw a red GTO in my rear view mirror. I dropped a gear and waited for him to roll up even with me.

We started at about 65 and I let him have the hit. He pulled a fender at first but once I reached my powerband I started pulling away. I ran it out through the end of 4th so probably 120-130mph. I didn't actually turn around to see how much I got him by but I'd have to say at least 3 cars if not more.

We both pulled off the highway and talked for just a minute. He said that he just had an intake and tune. We both complimented each other on our cars and went our separate ways.

I just recently finished up my eaton swap and have been working with Ken Bjonnes on a tune. I'm at the stage where I have a conservative tune and the next step is to put the car on a dyno to finish up the remote tune. I'm scheduled to get onto a dyno on Friday so until then I don't know how much I'm making but I'm willing to bet that there is still a good amount left on the table as far as the tune goes.

My mods are ported eaton,throttle body and plenium, 3.4 pulley, JLT RAI, bassani off road x-pipe, Mac 3 inch catback, 20 amp BAP and MAFia.

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Ken did a good job of surprising me with my car. I came to the dyno after setting up a remote tune session with Ken last Friday. First pull was 515. After sending the data logs and receiving a revised tune it jumped into the 580s and the final revision resulted in 602. Just wait until you get the final tune on that beast. If yours goes anything like mine you will be extremely surprised. Ken does GREAT work.

NightmareTA

Established Member
My, what a strikingly similiar race to the one I posted. Although the end result was different in mine. Kinda like two seperate dreams...

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
My, what a strikingly similiar race to the one I posted. Although the end result was different in mine. Kinda like two seperate dreams...

hahahaha thats crazy but good kill OP I hope to race a LS2 GTO M6 one day to see how my mach does. Probably a loss waiting to happen.

2K1 SVT

Established Member

I've got a few more mods then the car your brother raced. I know where the guy lives so hopefully I'll run into him again and I'll be sure to get a vid.

hahahaha thats crazy but good kill OP I hope to race a LS2 GTO M6 one day to see how my mach does. Probably a loss waiting to happen.

They are strong cars with just a few mods. I was surprised that he hung with me as long as he did.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Ken did a good job of surprising me with my car. I came to the dyno after setting up a remote tune session with Ken last Friday. First pull was 515. After sending the data logs and receiving a revised tune it jumped into the 580s and the final revision resulted in 602. Just wait until you get the final tune on that beast. If yours goes anything like mine you will be extremely surprised. Ken does GREAT work.

Yeah he does do great work, I'm looking forward to a nice bump in power once my tune is all said and done

2K1 SVT

Established Member
I figured since you downshifted, you would have been starting in your powerband... or am I missing something?

I downshifted from 5th to 3rd, I should have probably downshifted to 2nd but I would have had to shift right away. Plus I was going to honk it off but he just took off.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
I downshifted from 5th to 3rd, I should have probably downshifted to 2nd but I would have had to shift right away. Plus I was going to honk it off but he just took off.

Ahh makes sense... I like starting out a little swirly sometimes. :rolling:

Nice run

NightmareTA

Established Member
I've got a few more mods then the car your brother raced. I know where the guy lives so hopefully I'll run into him again and I'll be sure to get a vid.

They are strong cars with just a few mods. I was surprised that he hung with me as long as he did.

Sweet, be sure to post it up if you do!

05-06 GTO's are very strong if driven well. They've gotten such a bad rap and are always known for being "slow."

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Sweet, be sure to post it up if you do!

05-06 GTO's are very strong if driven well. They've gotten such a bad rap and are always known for being "slow."

Yeah they strong cars, the one I ran with intake and tune was actually just as quick as the ls2 C6 that I just ran.

Good kill! I bet that setup surprises a lot of people.

Thanks! I think that both the GTO and C6 I ran were both surprised :coolman:

nycarpenter

Established Member
Yeah they strong cars, the one I ran with intake and tune was actually just as quick as the ls2 C6 that I just ran.

Thanks! I think that both the GTO and C6 I ran were both surprised :coolman:

Jesus Brian that dam 3 inch exhaust is still ringing in my ear from the dyno runs. Do I get workman's comp? Nice kill. Your car is dressed like a terminator someone who knows the color chart will know its not but otherwise it looks dam close to my own....

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Jesus Brian that dam 3 inch exhaust is still ringing in my ear from the dyno runs. Do I get workman's comp? Nice kill. Your car is dressed like a terminator someone who knows the color chart will know its not but otherwise it looks dam close to my own....

Haha I didn't realize that it was that loud, it didn't seem that bad when I was sitting in the car :) and yeah the majority of people just think that my car is a terminator

Users who are viewing this thread