Ebay Fuel Injector Questions

beastmar

Established Member
I know I may get some heat for asking, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Does anyone have any experience with purchasing 1000cc injectors from ebay? I'd rather not shell out the cash for ID right now and the tuner I am going with will not tune with DeatschWerks. Please follow the links below. I know these will require adapters to fit our harness as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132008973842?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8PCS-High-I...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thanks!

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Some of those are probably counterfeit. You need a good quality injector as the better the data you have and more consistent your injectors are the better to tune.

bigmoose

Established Member
Do you really want to risk your engine to save a few hundred on knock off injectors? Depending on your goal you might be good with 80# injectors that cost the same or less than those eBay ones.

Zemedici

Established Member
Some of those are probably counterfeit. You need a good quality injector as the better the data you have and more consistent your injectors are the better to tune.

This.

Just spend the money and get a real set of injectors. I can guarantee there is no data for those injectors, and if by some miracle there is - it won't be accurate.

Injector dynamics are expensive, but they're the last injector you'll need. Ya get what ya pay for man

bigmoose

Established Member

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
It can be a gamble buying an injector like that. Your tuner may struggle to tune with those injectors. It is always good to go with an injector that there is accurate data for. You don't want to cheap out on injectors. I would talk with your tuner and see what he recommends outside of Injector Dynamics. I installed Ford Performance Parts 80s in my car, and I am shooting for 700 rwhp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This.

Just spend the money and get a real set of injectors. I can guarantee there is no data for those injectors, and if by some miracle there is - it won't be accurate.

Injector dynamics are expensive, but they're the last injector you'll need. Ya get what ya pay for man

This.

beastmar

Established Member
The most I plan on pushing my car would be in the 700 rwhp mark. So 1000cc injectors might be overkill right? Or is the tuneability and driveability of the ID's that much better? Worth it?

GodStang

Established Member
Get FRPP 80s flow tested sub $500. Will be more than you need at your level. Well make sure your tuner can tune them.

Zemedici

Established Member
E85 and 91 would be for backup just in case I am driving out of town without E85 stations around.

if you're on E85 I would go with ID1000s. Yes they're expensive, but the data for them is readily available, and they are kickass injectors.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
My friend thinks my old 60# injectors were possibly counterfeits because they threw a code. Bought new Ford racing ones and code went away and it drove much better

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread