Ebay question...

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Hey guys, just a quick question about an ebay transaction...

I placed a "best offer", not bid, on an item, but I would like to just "buy it now" instead. I looked at the choices for cancelling the offer, but nothing will work for me. Any suggestions?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, you have to be careful about going the "offer" route. If you really want the item you would be better off just going with the Buy-It-Now to end the auction. If you don't mind waiting and risking losing the item if someone outbids you or does a Buy-It-Now, then taking a chance on an offer is the way to go. Be aware, though, that it is not uncommon for a seller to not respond to your offer. Then you're stuck wondering it they will.

king nothing

Established Member
Yeah, you have to be careful about going the "offer" route. If you really want the item you would be better off just going with the Buy-It-Now to end the auction. If you don't mind waiting and risking losing the item if someone outbids you or does a Buy-It-Now, then taking a chance on an offer is the way to go. Be aware, though, that it is not uncommon for a seller to not respond to your offer. Then you're stuck wondering it they will.
They only have 48 hours to respond. Also, if you make an offer and they accept you are "obligated" to buy the item per ebay rules

MysticRob

Established Member
Sounds like you're worried about losing out if the offer isn't accepted or that someone else will BIN it. Just use the BIN option and the best offer will be forgotten anyway. I've done this myself a couple times.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Actually there is a way to cancel, very simple too.

Go to the actual auction page, there should be a "history" text at the top of the page with "1 offer, 2 offer, etc" link right next to it. Click the offer history link and you should see your offer in there. There will then be a little link at the bottom of that page that says "retract your best offer". Just click then and follow the steps.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Won it. Its all good. Lol. Nike Vrs Covert tour driver for $160 brand new shipped :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actually there is a way to cancel, very simple too.

Go to the actual auction page, there should be a "history" text at the top of the page with "1 offer, 2 offer, etc" link right next to it. Click the offer history link and you should see your offer in there. There will then be a little link at the bottom of that page that says "retract your best offer". Just click then and follow the steps.

That's good to know. I never knew this.

Users who are viewing this thread