Edit - MMR is Vindicated - OP's Claims Prove to be FALSE

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
This is just why I ordered a rotating assembly from them and not a short block. But this can happen with any machine shop if it is piston to wall clearance

SVTPete83

Established Member
LOL at all the immediate MMR nut swingers!

If the pictures are accurate odds are it was from poor machine work and the piston the wall clearance was never checked.

Op your going to need detailed pictures with an extensive critique to satisfy these ppl. Please host the pics, links to photobucket are annoying.

If the piston to wall clearance was that far off how did this guy ever make 720hp for 1800 miles. If it was this bad there would have been signs right out of the gate.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Here are the pics op linked.

1982246_626793347374608_1625259635_n_zps8486c67c.jpg

IMG_3259_zps7c10cd2e.png

IMG_3260_zpsc74eea12.png

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That piston top is really clean with no apparent detonation. Cylinder wash might be a player at this table.

DNT H8

Established Member
If the piston to wall clearance was that far off how did this guy ever make 720hp for 1800 miles. If it was this bad there would have been signs right out of the gate.
Not true, I had a 331 stroker that had scuffed piston skirts and it ran like a rapped ape... I woulda never know about the crap hone job, scuffed skirts, and scored cyl walls if I didn't tear the motor down due to a possible cracked block.

From personal experience I can totally believe the op didn't see any signs of an issue.

03Steve

Established Member
I have bought parts from them before, and don't have anything personal against Mark or MMR. But I refuse to do any PCM tuning on an engine that was assembled by MMR.

Ortiz99

Established Member
Those pics look like the ones that were posted on the SVT fb page. If it was, wasn't this built by someone and not MMR? I remember reading the thread and the OP had stated that he had just bought the parts and not shortblock.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Will wait for MMR response before I draw judgement but it's obvious something went wrong.

eaton04mach1

Established Member

eaton04mach1

Established Member
Those pics look like the ones that were posted on the SVT fb page. If it was, wasn't this built by someone and not MMR? I remember reading the thread and the OP had stated that he had just bought the parts and not shortblock.

Mmr built my motor I never said this was built by someone else I have the receipt to prove it

eaton04mach1

Established Member

I have no clue I'll post a pic of the Dnyo chart if I can find it

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
My mechanic posted this like 2 years ago this is a typo

Your mechanic posted up what you got for christmas and then posted your car and specs on a thread in American muscles section to get your car on the their front page?

Typo?
Like how some post say 1400 miles and then were edited to 1800 miles?

Take a current pic of your odometer please.

I did not state that to accuse you, only to get the facts straight but your statements make it less believable now.

eaton04mach1

Established Member
MMR is junk

I thought I went back and fixed those post I must of messed one at the time and when I was posting that stuff I was guessing how many miles were on my car at the time and I didn't know he tried doing anything like that before

Last edited:

eaton04mach1

Established Member
I did not state that to accuse you, only to get the facts straight but your statements make it less believable now.[/QUOTE]

A79AA9B2-E5A2-4F1F-89E6-BA0E92075468_zpsvzzuwzlo.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread