Edmunds.com First Drive

smrtasp

Established Member
I like how they left out the part about how much dealers will be asking for the car. I doubt a single one will ever go for 43,000.

jman345

Banned
There is no one out there going to get the shelby for msrp price i mean think about it if you came in and said i am going to only offer you msrp price for this car and if you dont give it to me than ill walk out of here they will be like bye cause you know why i promise someone else will offer more so which would you take if you where the car salesman the one who will only give you msrp price or the other person who will give you more for it i wonder. lol

DVan8504

Established Member
Edmunds' first drives are kinda like first impressions. They will do a full test later I'm sure, maybe even a comparison with a c6 or z06 or viper or who knows what.

earl lee

Established Member
DVan8504 said:
Edmunds' first drives are kinda like first impressions. They will do a full test later I'm sure, maybe even a comparison with a c6 or z06 or viper or who knows what.

lol, it would lose. I remember the last time they did a test like that, vette first I believed, viper 2nd, and mustang last.

If they did it today it would be the same, next gen viper will have 650 to 700 hp though, should be out by 07 or 08.

DVan8504

Established Member
earl lee said:
lol, it would lose. I remember the last time they did a test like that, vette first I believed, viper 2nd, and mustang last.

If they did it today it would be the same, next gen viper will have 650 to 700 hp though, should be out by 07 or 08.

I didn't say it would win :) haha

jman345

Banned
How do you know it would lose i havent seen any run yet since none run yet since it isnt even out yet the c6 and every corvette it will smoke stock i can promise you that but the new z06 no it wont smoke that car.

jman345

Banned
And if i remember right this isnt just an ordinary mustang does 500hp sound ordinary no so looks like your wrong about it getting smoked by a c6 since c6s do quarter miles around 12.5 and the shelby should do it around 12.2 or 12.1 stock looks like its getting smoked tonight. lol

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
smrtasp said:
I like how they left out the part about how much dealers will be asking for the car. I doubt a single one will ever go for 43,000.

You can rest assured, MANY GT 500's will be going for MSRP.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

jman345

Banned
Not in the first year i can promise you that there selling for 65 to 75 grand right now as we speck what does that tell you none will go for msrp price.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
jman345 said:
Not in the first year i can promise you that there selling for 65 to 75 grand right now as we speck what does that tell you none will go for msrp price.

Just like I said before. Don't be so sure!

jman345

Banned
Ac427 if you get a shelby for msrp price when it comes out you let me know cause it just isnt going to happen unless you own a ford place and then you might get one for msrp price unless that then no you wont and no other person is ether people are willing to pay anything for these cars trust me you and no other person on earth will get this car for msrp price when it comes out.

Squeeler92

Let's cover all bases here to save a lot of thread space:

-It's too fat
-I still think it's hideous
-It costs too much
-I liked the concept better
-You're never gonna find one reasonably priced
-I hate the hood
-The 03/04 Cobra is just as fast
-The thing probably handles like crap
-I'm gonna get the C6 instead
-Shelby is a sell-out
-SVT did us wrong on this one
-Those wheels are hideous
-I hate the new body style
-Yo mama is so fat, when she jumped for joy....she got stuck
-I hate the rear-end
-Looks like a fish
-The engine won't hold up to as much HP as the forged block in the 03/04's

.....anything I'm missing here??

Viperluke

Established Member
Jman there actually are a few dealers selling the cars at MSRP. I know one personally. Drew Ford here in San Diego. But of course every GT500 they're getting is already spoken for.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
jman345 said:

I getting first car at my dealership, build date 6/12/06 for less than MSRP ! Soooooooooo, I'd say your wrong!

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread