Edmunds responds to GTR trans issues

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
There is no bottom that activates LC! Its a sequence of buttons you press in order to activate it. Secondly, engaging LC does not void your warranty. The only way you void your warranty is, if Nissan feels like you abuse the car in some way. With this I agree, especially if a vehicle is capable of 98/2 awd! Like I said before, Nissan can not support our racing habits.

Furthermore, your analogy is completely wrong.

That's why I buy American b/c they do support our habits.

25psi

Established Member
That's why I buy American b/c they do support our habits.

Ummmm no they dont. Do you think GM would warranty a Z06(forget about the fragile rear ends people are breaking) if they where caught at the track doing 4500 rpm dumps? No!

mr2cam

Established Member
Why was the whole transmission replaced for just a leaky seal? Sounds kind of fishy to me..

25psi

Established Member
Got spell check? Last time I looked, a lightning was not terribly more expensive then a standard F150. 70k for a humble-looking Nissan is tough to swallow.

You're comparing a car with more technology in its tires than you have in your whole car. Really, its no comparison.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
You're comparing a car with more technology in its tires than you have in your whole car. Really, its no comparison.

Seriously you're 30+ years old, posting threads on the internet to start shit... you can put the umbrella in the pile of dog excrement but it doesn't make it edible. We know your not here to "educate" people. You're a condescending loser.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
its pretty damn funny actually. lets see what recent vehicles have had launch control... ...M5, gallardo, murcielago, 360CS, F430, 599GTB, 911, lancer evo, ZR1, and still others. how many of these cars have had any controversy or issues with the system? 0. keep making excuses, the "g0ri11aZ" transmission is the suck.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

when are you buying one???

you're like the geek who knows every single obscure sports factoid, yet rides the pine.

rofl at this guy. keeps talking up a car he will never be able to even afford to rent for a day.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
There is no bottom that activates LC! Its a sequence of buttons you press in order to activate it. Secondly, engaging LC does not void your warranty. The only way you void your warranty is, if Nissan feels like you abuse the car in some way. With this I agree, especially if a vehicle is capable of 98/2 awd! Like I said before, Nissan can not support our racing habits.

um, actually, it does
warranty-1.jpg

with as many GTR posts as you have i'm suprised you haven't seen this pic of the GTR's warranty at least a dozen times

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
its pretty damn funny actually. lets see what recent vehicles have had launch control... ...M5, gallardo, murcielago, 360CS, F430, 599GTB, 911, lancer evo, ZR1, and still others. how many of these cars have had any controversy or issues with the system? 0. keep making excuses, the "g0ri11aZ" transmission is the suck.

um, actually, it does
warranty-1.jpg

with as many GTR posts as you have i'm suprised you haven't seen this pic of the GTR's warranty at least a dozen times

Now, would you like to say that was photoshopped mr. PSI?

I don't see an angle at defending this. :lol1:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Now, would you like to say that was photoshopped mr. PSI?

I don't see an angle at defending this. :lol1:

nah, he'll just go and hide until he finds some other way to defend the GTR

logan_yomtov

Established Member
i think comments about the gtr on this forum are a bit ironic.

70k for a car that runs laps on par with a ford gt. And you all talk shit on the gtr because its a $70,000 nissan pos, but suck the nips of the ford gt because its a $150,000 ford....

seriously, give credit where credit is due and stop being bitches.

I thought there were more AUTOMOTIVE ENTHUSIASTS on this site, i guess i was wrong.

Last edited:

LOLasaurus

Established Member

1) See above pic, straight from the GTRs owners manual

2) How is my analogy wrong? Looks and brand loyality aside its numbers that sell cars be it horsepower, mpg, interior space, towing capacity, or acceleration.

Not long ago ford was advertising that the F150 could tow more than dodge and chevy. Now what if ford turned around and said putting the truck in tow mode voided your warranty? Same thing with Nissan, they are advertising very impressive 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. But then they turn around and say that the only way to achieve these times involves throwing your waranty out the window.

Lankhoss

Established Member
Corvetteforum.com plenty of issues going on with the rear end

For the 2006's? Yeah. They were all fixed under warranty, and the rear axle assemblies were re-designed in 2007. There was also a problem with the rear differential additive in 2006, which was covered under warranty as well. If changing the additive didn't work, they rebuilt the rearend.

I had a tech under my car checking what I thought was a rearend noise but it was actually my AFTERMARKET EXHAUST hitting the rear suspension cradle. While looking, he noticed a crack in my halfshaft assembly and ordered 2 brand new ones and installed them with no hassle whatsoever, and not a penny out of my pocket.

I've also had the rear fluid flushed twice in the last 3 years without it costing me anything, and the car had modifications on it both times it was in the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread