EFA vs MACA Shootout #2 @ MIR, Sept 22nd!

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Sorry i could not make it, really wanted to run the FOCI..

I have to catch a flight first thing in the morning and had too much stuff to get done prior to leaving.

Next time...

OH, what kind of blazing times did you guys turn with the 4 bangers???

Ken

:beer: :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
kens03cobra said:
Sorry i could not make it, really wanted to run the FOCI..

I have to catch a flight first thing in the morning and had too much stuff to get done prior to leaving.

Next time...

OH, what kind of blazing times did you guys turn with the 4 bangers???

Ken

:beer: :beer:
Missed a great one Ken. Mike and I didn't want to show up the more expensive Cobras and F-Bodies, so we kept the times down.

I got in 21 runs. The best tmes from all of them was:

RT: .019
60': 2.347
1/4: 16.234 @85.10mph

Running against Mike's Focus, we were real close. He had a couple mph top end on me, I had a bit better dig out of the hole. It was fun! :banana:

Lost in my first round of bracket, but that's OK. I suck at drag racing anyway. :rockon:

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
I had a great time and ran a new personal best of 9.17 @ 153.6.

The race in the semi-finals was a great great race. Unfortunately I lifted the head so it wasn't worth running in the finals.

A huge thanks to Jeff, Chad, Ash, and the other PSI guys for offering to trailer me home.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Novi357 said:
I had a great time and ran a new personal best of 9.17 @ 153.6.

The race in the semi-finals was a great great race. Unfortunately I lifted the head so it wasn't worth running in the finals.

A huge thanks to Jeff, Chad, Ash, and the other PSI guys for offering to trailer me home.

Figures your best run would come on the same day as a break. Hopefully there is no damage other than some head bolts and a new gasket.

Ken, I think my best was a 16.53 or something. Running the focus was fun, esp against Greg because that was a drivers race everytime. Cars were basically even otherwise.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I enjoyed the event today. Got to turn some wrenches, watch some fast cars and hang out ... good stuff ... much more relaxing than racing.

Hopefully the yellow beast will be making some passes again once the temps cool off a bit.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
The weather sucked and I sucked, but it was still a fun day. I almost felt bad feathering the throttle against all those F-body's in the 11.50 index rounds! Nice meeting some more of you guys too!

CobraCleric

Youngblood
Established Member
I had a great time. Thanks for setting everything up Mike!
It was only my second time to the track so I don't know a ton about track prep, but it seemed good to me, and for only $30, no lines, all you can race + competition... can't beat it!

I had a personal best too!
60'... 1.904
1/8... 7.875 at 93.77 mph
1/4... 12.087 at 118.31 mph
The car weighed 3630 without me, and 3820 with me.
Eaton with a 2.8 upper, no lower on street tires.

Next time lookin for 11s :beer:

Also Dale was kickin ass and made it to the finals in bracket and was running consistent all day.

TRBO VNM

definitely a good time. glad I could join everyone and watch some good racing. hopefully I can get some things done to make some passes soon. it was nice to be able to help sponsor the event and see everyone again.

BTW, john, where are my vids. :D

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
CobraCleric said:
I had a great time. Thanks for setting everything up Mike!
It was only my second time to the track so I don't know a ton about track prep, but it seemed good to me, and for only $30, no lines, all you can race + competition... can't beat it!

I had a personal best too!
60'... 1.904
1/8... 7.875 at 93.77 mph
1/4... 12.087 at 118.31 mph
The car weighed 3630 without me, and 3820 with me.
Eaton with a 2.8 upper, no lower on street tires.

Next time lookin for 11s :beer:

Also Dale was kickin ass and made it to the finals in bracket and was running consistent all day.
Good to see you again Jeff. Been awhile.
And you're right about Dale. Must be still recovering from his victory celebration that I'm sure he had. :beer:
And cheers to all the other winners, and those that made it past the first round. Someday I might. :D

BIGBAIR

Established Member
great to see alot of you agian!!
As far as my day went.. It BLEW DONKEY B@LLS!!!

Big thanks to 04yellowcobra for putting up with my piece!!!

Its great to have freinds help when in need at the track!!

My pig will get figured out!!!! fo sho!!!

c ya next time!!

andy

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
i have some video's i will get up tonight when I get off work. By the way my car weighed in a 3350#'s. Full interior and almost a 1/2 tank of gas. Not bad for still having all the amenities. unfortunately when i put my fat ass in the drivers seat, the race weight goes right back up to 3600#'s.

1fastredcobra

Established Member
Yup, had a great time. The prep I thought was good and I was reasonable satisfied with my times considering the humidity. Great to see everyone again.In the first round of the brackets ran a 12.19 on a 12.15 dial in but lost because of my slow a-- reaction time. Lost by half a car. Still a lot of fun.

lastdeployment

Established Member
I had a great time watching the runs. It was good to catch up with all of you again. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to try my car out there. Unfortunately, it is currently my DD as well so I can't risk breaking anything right now.
If I did run, the Foci probably would have given me a run for my money. I've never done any racing before...

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Sounds like everyone had a great time.....Really sorry I missed it. Nobody's posted any numbers!! (except for the Foci.....) How did we do??

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
gcassidy said:
Mike and I both weighed our wive's 2005 Focus's.
2805 lb exactly EACH! Almost like they came off the same assembly line. :D

I wonder what the SVT would have weighed in at, and if I would have been in the low 15's.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread