EFA vs MACA Shootout #2 @ MIR, Sept 22nd!

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Sounds like everyone had a great time.....Really sorry I missed it. Nobody's posted any numbers!! (except for the Foci.....) How did we do??

I know 2bscrewed took the 11.50 class & I think maca got the 13.50 class too, and deep into the 12.50 class? I made it to the finals but lost to Ryan@JPC in the 10.50 class on a hole shot. Got my 60fts back with the spec3+ - a couple of 1.45's. Had back to back prelim runs of [email protected] & [email protected] - should've done the bracket racing too..lol

Always a fun time....:beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Sounds like everyone had a great time.....Really sorry I missed it. Nobody's posted any numbers!! (except for the Foci.....) How did we do??
I think Mike and I embarrassed everyone else in the Foci, and they're afraid to post.
I won't say if the embarrassment came from the numbers being lower or higher. I'll leave that up to your imagination. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Antex said:
I know 2bscrewed took the 11.50 class & I think maca got the 13.50 class too, and deep into the 12.50 class? I made it to the finals but lost to Ryan@JPC in the 10.50 class on a hole shot. Got my 60fts back with the spec3+ - a couple of 1.45's. Had back to back prelim runs of [email protected] & [email protected] - should've done the bracket racing too..lol

Matt, you were running awesome. I loved watching you launch, and enjoyed the final (looked close watching from the staging lanes).

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
kens03cobra said:
I wonder what the SVT would have weighed in at, and if I would have been in the low 15's.

Ken
Could be. We'll never know because someone didn't want to save an hour and stay at my place Fri night. :bash:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
gcassidy said:
I got in 21 runs. The best tmes from all of them was:

RT: .019
60': 2.347
1/4: 16.234 @85.10mph

Running against Mike's Focus, we were real close. He had a couple mph top end on me, I had a bit better dig out of the hole. It was fun! :banana:

That is not a misprint - 21 runs!! Everytime I looked you were headed back to the staging lanes..lol What was the final tally between you and mike?

Novi357 said:
I had a great time and ran a new personal best of 9.17 @ 153.6.

Awesome....:beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Dunno Matt, I wasn't keeping count. I got a few wins on him though due to stuff like missed shifts on his part. He pretty much pulled out on me at the start everytime even though I'd get a better RT most of the time. He was just cutting much better 60' times.

I got 17 or 18 passes in, so if the tally is number of runs, Greg might be the winner! lol. We should have a trophy for that next time...most runs in!

Almo

Established Member
Congrats Matt!! :beer:

Thanks Mike for taking out the time to make this race a success.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Antex said:

Unfortunately, EFA got the 13.50 class. There were only 6 of us in it and they made me knock Tim out in the first round, beat the next F-body, then lost in the final. Of course, I probably had one of my best runs ever in the final, hit the brakes hard at the end but not enough and ran a 13.1 to a winning 13.7.

Of course, I also got 2nd place in the brackets. I just can't win. Running brackets was a spur of the moment decision and apparently my car is very consistent in the heat. I ran a bunch of 13.1's and 13.0's on a 13.00 dial in. I kept knocking people out one after the other and was amazed. I had to race the guy that beat me in the 13.50 index and he might have won, but he red-lit and I saw it so I just coasted down the track. Lost at the end because I was trying to pace the other dude and let off right at the end when I should have stayed in it.

Oh well, at least I caused sorta both losses, didn't really get straight up beat by anyone. Had an awesome day though and got 16 passes in :pepper: Last time I got 15, and I would have had a few more if it wasn't so hot. If we do this again and its cooler, I'll definitely be getting 20+ runs.

Venimus03

Established Member
sunburned said:
Unfortunately, EFA got the 13.50 class. There were only 6 of us in it and they made me knock Tim out in the first round, beat the next F-body, then lost in the final. Of course, I probably had one of my best runs ever in the final, hit the brakes hard at the end but not enough and ran a 13.1 to a winning 13.7.
Yeah, the guy in the red lt1 camaro is one of my buddies, his car runs pretty good for what it is. But anyways, I saw that run when you hit the brakes hard and ran a 13.1, I thought the same thing, that you would have ran a pretty good time. The run looked great. I was hoping that you felt the same thing and just have stayed in it to get a new pb, but I guess theres always next time. :beer:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Venimus03 said:
Yeah, the guy in the red lt1 camaro is one of my buddies, his car runs pretty good for what it is. But anyways, I saw that run when you hit the brakes hard and ran a 13.1, I thought the same thing, that you would have ran a pretty good time. The run looked great. I was hoping that you felt the same thing and just have stayed in it to get a new pb, but I guess theres always next time. :beer:

Haha, thats what Doug said. I pull back in to the pits like :cuss: and he came up sayin "you shoulda just stayed in it!" Tim said I was flyin out of the hole and I'm betting it coulda been a 12.8-12.7 run. Oh well, I'll get it next time when its colder out.

I'm just disappointed that I lost to f-bodies both times and couldn't get any 1st places for the mustangs.

MooseWS6

another f-body guy
Established Member
fun time, good seeing everyone again.. Thanks to the sponsor who supported us and pitched in to help pay for the trophies..

jason roth(CSS) from MACA, FBC, and custom bath plus from EFA.

Thank to all who showed up and supported.. Looks like 2 more for next year..

Maybe we can have a small party and discuss between both sites what we can to make things better for next year..

I will have a car ready for next year.. just which one..:)

1faststang

Established Member
i also showed up. i had a great time. i have the black 97 gt. with 04 cobra/mach motor with procharger on it. the one pass i got my best 60ft of the day my blower pipe blew off when i hit second gear. i had a 1.503 60ft. then i got out of my car and fixed it on the track and still managed to run a 30.77

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
1faststang said:
i also showed up. i had a great time. i have the black 97 gt. with 04 cobra/mach motor with procharger on it. the one pass i got my best 60ft of the day my blower pipe blew off when i hit second gear. i had a 1.503 60ft. then i got out of my car and fixed it on the track and still managed to run a 30.77
What did you run in the 1/4 mile?

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
I like this pic from the quarter-finals.

acbf69e6.jpg

I am hoping there are some pics or vids from the semi-finals because that was probably the best race I have ever been a part of.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Novi357 said:
I like this pic from the quarter-finals.

acbf69e6.jpg

I am hoping there are some pics or vids from the semi-finals because that was probably the best race I have ever been a part of.

if i could figure out how to make that work as 1 picture on both my screens and not filling it up on both screens it would be a great desktop

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
if i could figure out how to make that work as 1 picture on both my screens and not filling it up on both screens it would be a great desktop

Funny, I have a dual screen setup at work too and was wondering if that was possible!

Users who are viewing this thread