EGR delete can a tune solve emminsons???

BRileyNV

Established Member
I recently bought my first 2003 terminator Cobra in California and drove it back to Nevada where I live and the previous owner said there was no problems with smog and everything was current. When I went to get the current smog done the ECU is reporting 3 emminsons not ready so I started to do the Ford ready cycle many times and after 300 miles I started to get real irritated so I started to do some research on this and started to find answers. The EGR has a delete kit on it and without that the catalyst test wont complete so my question is can a local tuner or SCT X4 tuner remove the EGR settings so I can pass my emminsons??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
There might be a way to show the EGR as unsupported, but if the smog guy is smart he'll know thats not right. I'm guessing the guy you bought it off of had a hook up.

BRileyNV

Established Member
There might be a way to show the EGR as unsupported, but if the smog guy is smart he'll know thats not right. I'm guessing the guy you bought it off of had a hook up.
Exactly! I'm hoping there is a way around this or I'll have to reinstall all the smog stuff which I'm hoping I wont have to do

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have a value file for my software that makes the EGR and Catalyst monitors show as not supported. But I couldn't use that as my smog guy knows what's up. Your best be is going to be to talk to a tuner and see if they can do it for you.

BRileyNV

Established Member
I have a value file for my software that makes the EGR and Catalyst monitors show as not supported. But I couldn't use that as my smog guy knows what's up. Your best be is going to be to talk to a tuner and see if they can do it for you.
How were you able to get that software?? I have a good friend that can do the smog for me

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
HP tuners website

binary editor - moates quarter horse or something like that. This one flashes in real time (dont have to turn car off to make tune changes). I dont know how readily available email tuning and such is with this.

BRileyNV

Established Member
HP tuners website

binary editor - moates quarter horse or something like that. This one flashes in real time (dont have to turn car off to make tune changes). I dont know how readily available email tuning and such is with this.
Wow that software looks absolutely amazing! Thank you for the information I just think I would need a professional tuner to understand the dynamics of that tuner

Users who are viewing this thread