Eibach prokit or sportlines?

ZXMustang

Banned
How much lower are the sportlines really? Anyone have pics of either setup with stock wheels and tires? I want the sportlines but have had other cars that were too low and was pissed everytime the nose dragged going in and out of places. My vette was so low, under hard braking it would drag the nose on level pavement. I dont want that, but lower than the FRPP springs would be nice only if it will not destroy the front splitter. Any pics?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
well if you want a little lower than the FRPP springs then go with the prokit. best ride, spotlines with stock shocks wont do well at all

quik 500

Established Member
Eibach

Eibach prokit rides very well not a harsh ride at all. Lowers it just right but not too low.

Last edited:

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Wow, this topic is quite quite popular!

I am debating the same thing, but I am trying to compile info on the 2010, not sure how much different the springs will set on a 10 model. The problem I have with the appearance of the sportlines is they apparently all be flatten the car out, as in totally remove the rake. IMHO these cars need a little rake. To me i think the perfect appearance setup would be the sportline fronts and pro kit rears, but I am sure mixing spring rates would be disatrous from a ride/ handling standpoint.

ZXMustang

Banned
Wow, this topic is quite quite popular!

I am debating the same thing, but I am trying to compile info on the 2010, not sure how much different the springs will set on a 10 model. The problem I have with the appearance of the sportlines is they apparently all be flatten the car out, as in totally remove the rake. IMHO these cars need a little rake. To me i think the perfect appearance setup would be the sportline fronts and pro kit rears, but I am sure mixing spring rates would be disatrous from a ride/ handling standpoint.

Im sure it would. And what you dont want is what I do want. I want the car to be flat. I just dont want it to scrape on everything like my last vette and I want the ride quality good but I dont want the car to wallow in the turns like it does now.

Leonard 95

Established Member
Im sure it would. And what you dont want is what I do want. I want the car to be flat. I just dont want it to scrape on everything like my last vette and I want the ride quality good but I dont want the car to wallow in the turns like it does now.

Trust me, sportlines and tokico d-specs, set the d-specs 4 1/2 turns loose and it will ride just like stock. Ford springs just didn't have enough drop for me, sportlines fixed that for me.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Anyone got pics of Eibach Pro KIt? I think I am going FRPP..as I like that drop...I had ProKit on my 04..and that was nice. No offense to anyone but, I think the sportlines are to low....just my personal opinion...

If I can see Pro Kit...pics that would be nice...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Anyone got pics of Eibach Pro KIt? I think I am going FRPP..as I like that drop...I had ProKit on my 04..and that was nice. No offense to anyone but, I think the sportlines are to low....just my personal opinion...

If I can see Pro Kit...pics that would be nice...

i loved the prokit on my 03 cobra, handled an ride was great. but i decided to go with the FRPP handling pack since ford actually made a kit that worked great for the car.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i have the pro kit too, i do not like it. coupled with the 20's i feel like i am riding inside of a basketball at times. fixing to say screw it and going with a coil over griggs set up

Daddys GT500

Established Member
You know there are so many different makers of lowering springs out there, but I figured that Eibach is the only one that specializes in suspension parts so maybe their stuff would be better?

They have been notorious for making a poor quality product "in the past", sagging has occured in on several of my friends mustangs

But doesn't mean what they are producing now isn't better.

Personally IMO H&Rs make the best springs.

Having their coilovers put on my GT500 vert this weekend. :burnout:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Brian if you want to see what a car with pro's look like pm me your number and you can come over and see them first hand. I like the sports better myself, alittle lower would be nice.

Grunnsetning

Established Member
Here's my prokit.
DSC01124s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread