Eibach sportlines or H&R supersports???

2011GT5.0

Established Member
Ive had my 2011 gt since august and I put it in storage for the winter around the end of november, but before the weather gets nice I want to lower it. It is my summer daily driver. I have a lowered daily driver now so it's not my first lowered vehicle. I'm not really worried about the ride being rough (although I don't want to be beat up by my lowered car). I have an 11 with brembos. If anyone has or had either the sportlines or H&R supersports I'd like to know your experience.

Thanks for your opinions. And if your not a fan of Eibach or H&R I would appreciate some suggestions. I'm looking for at least an inch and a half drop.

Thanks again

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I have the H&R SS springs in my garage waiting to be installed this weekend. I'll still be on stock wheels for now, but i'll post pics up after i get them on.

2011GT5.0

Established Member
Yes I'm in Morris il. Do you live around here? And ive seen both the gt on both sets of springs And yes they do look kick ace, but I'm curious to see peoples likes or dislikes ( ride quality bouncyness ect...) about them. Don't get me wrong I still want to see those pics when your done!!!!

Thanks for the comments

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I'm curious to see peoples likes or dislikes ( ride quality bouncyness ect...) about them. Don't get me wrong I still want to see those pics when your done!!!!
Oh i gotcha, well yeah i'll at least report back on the ride quality on Saturday after i have a chance to drive it :)

2011GT5.0

Established Member
That would be awesome. A buddy of mine has a 99 GT with supersports on it and the ride is real stiff, which I don't mind, I just dont want to feel like I'm driving a 1976 Cadillac Deville. You know the feeling like your driving a boat on water. -Good if I was 80, but not good in a Mustang.....

Sorry if anyone is 80 or has a 76 Cadillac Deville!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Alright, got the H&R SS springs, UPR adj phb, lower control arms, and relocating brackets on last night...

Got to drive it a bunch this morning. Let me tell tell you, I've never been happier with a apring choice in my life! It rides JUST AS SMOOTH AS STOCK, but definitely tighter and less "boat like" feeling! It's not bouncy or rough at all like previous year mustangs with springs on it. I'd recommend them for sure!

Here's a quick pic too...wheels are next so don't flame lol

aftersprings1.jpg

Last edited:

mcduffer7

Established Member
Yes I'm in Morris il. Do you live around here? And ive seen both the gt on both sets of springs And yes they do look kick ace, but I'm curious to see peoples likes or dislikes ( ride quality bouncyness ect...) about them. Don't get me wrong I still want to see those pics when your done!!!!

Thanks for the comments

Damn! I thought I was the only 2011 5.0 in Morris! I havent seen any other cruising around town though it has been a shitty winter here. I just put FRPP P springs on mine with Koni STR'Ts with a BMR adj panhard bar. Car rides smooth as stock but handles much better because its lowered. Just got it aligned today and it was barely off but still out of alignment. Ill be looking for ya at Cruise Night! :banana:

mcduffer7

Established Member
Alright, got the H&R SS springs, UPR adj phb, lower control arms, and relocating brackets on last night...

Got to drive it a bunch this morning. Let me tell tell you, I've never been happier with a apring choice in my life! It rides JUST AS SMOOTH AS STOCK, but definitely tighter and less "boat like" feeling! It's not bouncy or rough at all like previous year mustangs with springs on it. I'd recommend them for sure!

aftersprings1.jpg

Now see, I think stock wheels look just fine when these cars are lowered. I have the same wheels but with the pony center caps and like em. Right now I wouldnt be able to live with myself for spending $1200 plus on new wheels and tires. :eek:

11BLK5.0

Established Member

aftersprings1.jpg

Ur car looks sick man on stock rims

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
No one has answered the question yet can the factory springs be cut? On my cobra I cut 3/4 of a coil off each spring and it was fine!
In short, the answer is no. A couple reasons why...First the coils tighten up on the tops and bottpms to sit on the perches. So if you were to cut even a half coil you'd lose that and they wouldn't seat properly. Second, our springs are progressive rate so you really change things around when you start cutting portions off. Cobra springs are linear rate.

Now see, I think stock wheels look just fine when these cars are lowered. I have the same wheels but with the pony center caps and like em. Right now I wouldnt be able to live with myself for spending $1200 plus on new wheels and tires. :eek:
I totaly agree! Lowering makes a world of difference. These wheels went from meh, to hey they're not so bad now lol. I'll still be getting new ones, just don't know what yet.

Ur car looks sick man on stock rims
Thanks man :beer:

2011GT5.0

Established Member
Yeah your car definitely looks great lowered. Thanks for the pic. Has anyone seen the 11 ingot silver 5.0 that's sitting on the sportlines? The stance on that car is great. That's why I raised the question for. They (Eibach) claim that the sportlines are 1.6F and 2.0 rear. Looking at the pics of the silver stang, it looks like its alot lower than that. I could be wrong. If I read correctly the H&Rs are 1.7F and 2.4 rear right? How much drop did you get total? I'm really torn between these two springs, they both have a similar drop to them. On another note- I know you cant put coupe springs on a vert but can you use vert springs on a coupe? Sorry if that's a stupid question..... I would assume you can but they would just be stiffer.

2011GT5.0

Established Member
Damn! I thought I was the only 2011 5.0 in Morris! I havent seen any other cruising around town though it has been a shitty winter here. I just put FRPP P springs on mine with Koni STR'Ts with a BMR adj panhard bar. Car rides smooth as stock but handles much better because its lowered. Just got it aligned today and it was barely off but still out of alignment. Ill be looking for ya at Cruise Night! :banana:

I haven't seen you around. And I'm always looking for fellow mustang owners around town. When did you get yours? Like I said I got mine in august and I only drove it until November. It's been away ever since. I got it out Friday for a bit. Boy I can't wait for the weather to get nicer. We should meet up sometime and go for a cruise.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Yeah your car definitely looks great lowered. Thanks for the pic. Has anyone seen the 11 ingot silver 5.0 that's sitting on the sportlines? The stance on that car is great. That's why I raised the question for. They (Eibach) claim that the sportlines are 1.6F and 2.0 rear. Looking at the pics of the silver stang, it looks like its alot lower than that. I could be wrong. If I read correctly the H&Rs are 1.7F and 2.4 rear right? How much drop did you get total? I'm really torn between these two springs, they both have a similar drop to them. On another note- I know you cant put coupe springs on a vert but can you use vert springs on a coupe? Sorry if that's a stupid question..... I would assume you can but they would just be stiffer.
Oh I know exactly what pics you're talking about with the sportlines! Love that car! Yeah i debated on the sportlines or the SS springs for a long time...I measured the height of the lip of the fenders from the ground all around before the drop. And I'll get the measurements for afterwards tomorrow now that I drove it some today so they're fully settled.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I agree! I am really starting to like White. Lowered changed the look of those wheels. You should think about tinting the windows. The car would look killer.
Gimme a break man! Only had the car for a week and a half lol. Windows should be getting done next week as well :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread