Eibach sportlines or H&R supersports???

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Alright, looks like H&R's specs are spot on what they advertise. I measured the distance between the ground and the fender lip before and after in my garage so it's totally flat. Here's the total drop obtained:

Driver Front: 1.75
Pass Front: 1.6875
Driver Rear: 2.375
Pass Rear: 2.375

2011GT5.0

Established Member
Yeah I got ahold of the guy with the silver 11 and he said that he got a 1.6 F and a 2.3 Rear drop on his. He said he measured his against his buddies stock springs.

realaxed83

Established Member
Alright, looks like H&R's specs are spot on what they advertise. I measured the distance between the ground and the fender lip before and after in my garage so it's totally flat. Here's the total drop obtained:

Driver Front: 1.75
Pass Front: 1.6875
Driver Rear: 2.375
Pass Rear: 2.375

Looks great, I had H&R's on my last car and loved them. Do you daily your mustang? Does it scrub much over average bumps?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Looks great, I had H&R's on my last car and loved them. Do you daily your mustang? Does it scrub much over average bumps?
Nope, not my dd. Doesn't rub the tires whatsoever. No wierd noises or bottoming out or anything. Couldn't be happier with my decision.

you should be able too
Incorrect, see my response above

JL-KA

Established Member
I'm not a fan of how much they lower the rear. I like a little bit of a rake. Are there any springs that keep the rake or are coilovers the only way to go for that?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I'm not a fan of how much they lower the rear. I like a little bit of a rake. Are there any springs that keep the rake or are coilovers the only way to go for that?
I was worried about the reverse rake thing as well. By measurement though, the rear is still higher. It just appears lower because it’s not as much of a rake as stock. I think between the stock wheels being so tucked in and my driveway being sloped the pic might exagerate how low the back is. I will agree though certain angles make it look like the rear is lower.

ahhhh didnt see that this were progressive.... i thought they were linear
:beer:

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hey

Hey your not 100% right again. lol :shrug:
We installed Ford Motorsport K springs in my budys car and it sat to low for his taste and he didn't like the ride quality.
So we figured we would try cutting the factory springs and we had sucess.
We had to cut 3/4 of a coil off the fronts so they would sit in the perch properly and the backs we did 1 complete coil. The car sits 1.0 inch's lower all the way around now and it rides like stock.

For me I'm going with Steeda sport springs and Panhard bar.

In short, the answer is no. A couple reasons why...First the coils tighten up on the tops and bottpms to sit on the perches. So if you were to cut even a half coil you'd lose that and they wouldn't seat properly. Second, our springs are progressive rate so you really change things around when you start cutting portions off. Cobra springs are linear rate.

I totaly agree! Lowering makes a world of difference. These wheels went from meh, to hey they're not so bad now lol. I'll still be getting new ones, just don't know what yet.

Thanks man :beer:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Hey your not 100% right again. lol :shrug:
We installed Ford Motorsport K springs in my budys car and it sat to low for his taste and he didn't like the ride quality.
So we figured we would try cutting the factory springs and we had sucess.
We had to cut 3/4 of a coil off the fronts so they would sit in the perch properly and the backs we did 1 complete coil. The car sits 1.0 inch's lower all the way around now and it rides like stock.

For me I'm going with Steeda sport springs and Panhard bar.
Alright, I'll give you that one. After thinking about it I do realize you could cut the bottom of the front springs. I mean I could see one full coil for sure. And I guess you could cut the rear too, but I wouldn't be a big fan of the spring not having a flat coil to sit on...that's just me though.
, but the 3/4 coil thing is puzzling...Unless I guess the upper perch on the bearing plate can rotate so the spring can line up with the bottom perch as needed. Good call...I wouldn't mind maybe losing a 1/2 coil on mine in the front but I'm gonna wait to see how it looks after the wheels go on.

And just so it's known, I'm not waving the "cut springs is a stupid idea" flag. I've done it on all 3 of my previous cobras and loved it. Those springs are vastly different though and do not have flat or tight would coils for the perches on the bottom.

Last edited:

JL-KA

Established Member
I'm not waving the "cut springs is a stupid idea" flag. I've done it on all 3 of my previous cobras and loved it. Those springs are vastly different though and do not have flat or tight would coils for the perches on the bottom.

I'll wave it for you. It's stupid and dangerous.:kaboom:

Sosick

Established Member
Add what? I'd at least get an adjustable panhard bar to center the body over the axle...

I meant like a panhard bar or camber plates etc. I've seen a lot of people say they didnt need to do anything other than springs wit the frpp drop.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Gotcha. I mean Personally I would do the panhard bar after any drop since it would bother me with the body not being centered over the axle. Most people don't need camber bolts or plates when they get aligned. I bought the bolts and will bring them with me when I go to get aligned just in case.

kingnut

Established Member
looks great and i like the fact that it deleted the rake. i do not like the rake look.

kingnut

Established Member
Alright, got the H&R SS springs, UPR adj phb, lower control arms, and relocating brackets on last night...

Got to drive it a bunch this morning. Let me tell tell you, I've never been happier with a apring choice in my life! It rides JUST AS SMOOTH AS STOCK, but definitely tighter and less "boat like" feeling! It's not bouncy or rough at all like previous year mustangs with springs on it. I'd recommend them for sure!

Here's a quick pic too...wheels are next so don't flame lol

aftersprings1.jpg

:banana:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
looks great and i like the fact that it deleted the rake. i do not like the rake look.
Me too man for sure. I like it so sit as even as possible. Total rake from right in front of the rear tires to right behind the front is only like 5/8" iirc. As apposed to stock with was much higher.

Users who are viewing this thread