Electric Cobra Antennas....Yeah!

Matt M PA

Established Member
Okay folks...this is BIG news to me.

I found a company that makes power antennas for 1999-2004 'stangs.

One of their distributors is literally across the street from where I work. I'll have to go over and get some pricing.

I talked to tech support and they verified that these do fit..and that Ford factory radios should have an antenna trip wire. Only concern is that it may be 6 volt and not 12 volt trip..which wold require an adapter.

I will do some more reasearch on this trip wiring and get some more info before I order one.

If you are concered about originality...the antenna's base that goes on the fender will not match the factory piece. It might be possible to re-use, but am not sure.

Is this cool or what?

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Cuz damn it!! We just dont have nearly enough weight up front!!!!! WE NEED MORE! :lol:

predator

Established Member
Find out and let us know! It would be nice to make it disappear when not in use.....like I did on my '72. :rollseyes

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I have this fantasy about moving that godawful antenna to the rear quarter, like where it was on my 95 Z.

Matt M PA

Established Member
Oh geez..I wasn't even thinkin' about the weight...more about convenience.:p

Only 25% of my 460's time is spent with radio..the rest is CDs. So, I'd like to have a retractible antenna jsut to get rid of the mast. Plus...when I cover the car, I would no longer have to take it off.

Stay tuned....I'll get to the bottom of this and let you all know.:beer:

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Is there any way to make the antenna go down while the car is running? Less wind resistance you know ... I could probably pick up a tenth or two at the track with this mod :p

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Yeah, just hook up the remote lead, but then also have a switch to break the connection and it would then retract on command...

nothing

nothing
Established Member
i was thinking about getting the UPR antenna delete kit, because i rarely listen to the radio, but this would be better...just in case

m8trix00

Established Member
just think, the loss in weight can be gained in aerodynamics

J/K :D :D

do they sell a shorty antenna ?

:shrug:

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Originally posted by n2fords2003
gay!:bash:

:cuss: WTF?? They asked a question and I explained how to wire a manual over-ride... Do you have a problem or something?? Why would that deserve a "gay" remark?? F you dude!

(I respond a legit answer to someone elses question and you try to flame me?? PLEASE)

Someone ban this POS... What a LOOSER :loser:

KNGOBRA

Banned
Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
Is there any way to make the antenna go down while the car is running? Less wind resistance you know ... I could probably pick up a tenth or two at the track with this mod :p

Umm...yeah, just turn the radio off :D

maoun

Established Member
good answer kngobra....lol...isn't that the whole point of a retractable antenna...to go with your radio, not switched power :)

lol
m.

n2fords2003

Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer
:cuss: WTF?? They asked a question and I explained how to wire a manual over-ride... Do you have a problem or something?? Why would that deserve a "gay" remark?? F you dude!

(I respond a legit answer to someone elses question and you try to flame me?? PLEASE)

Someone ban this POS... What a LOOSER :loser:

the whole idea is gay.. not really the way its wired.. just my 2 cents.. :rolleyes: Yea boy wounder, turn the radio off :lol:

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I dunno, would rather not have an antenna mast altogether. Thinking about getting the antenna delete kit as well if I knew how reception would be.

Users who are viewing this thread