m8trix00

Established Member
i took it off for a while

reception sucks

two stations :thumbsup:

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Well, if it wasn't a PITA I would install one myself, looks good to be hidden, and I think they had a point, that way you could have the cd player on, but the antenna down?? looks better, and I know it would give you like 50HP if you didn't have all that extra wind resistance from a antenna ;-) (well that and the nos stickers)

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
Cuz damn it!! We just dont have nearly enough weight up front!!!!! WE NEED MORE! :lol:

I was just thinking the same thing. How messed up is that?

The car is already so heavy that we balk at a freaking power antenna upgrade. :p

svtxchinoy

Established Member
How bout a window antenna that most cars are using nowadays? I would think that would be better to deal with than a power antenna that will probably malfunction after a few years of use.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
How bout a window antenna that most cars are using nowadays? I would think that would be better to deal with than a power antenna that will probably malfunction after a few years of use.

exactly those are the way to go...my moms 98 camry had that and that was allmost 6 years ago....ford deff should have that on mustangs:shrug:

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I thought I made it pretty obvious that I was joking ... none-the-less it is amusing to watch people bicker over such things. LOL. More to the point, I have been considering using the Cobra R atenna delete and going with a hidden antenna for quite some time ... only because I think the antenna destroys the clean lines of the car. My .02

krillind8z

Established Member
Originally posted by SALEENGTROUSH
exactly those are the way to go...my moms 98 camry had that and that was allmost 6 years ago....ford deff should have that on mustangs:shrug:

Man those things have been around forever. My dad's 68 Chevelle had one from the factory.

Matt M PA

Established Member
Okay..here's an update.

I have no firm prices yet, as the place the is supposed to be my local distributor had no listing for this part, and did not seem very interested in finding out. (I can work around that.)

Anyhow, it's a fully auto mini retractable antenna with (6) 1” custom mounting bases

18” 5-section replaceable mast

55” detachable cable

Needs 8 1/2” under fender

Some things to work out. I am trying to find out where/if the Mach 460 has a power antenna trigger wire. There is a wire listed in the diagram as blue w/red tracer that ends at the harness. Could this be the trigger? And..is it 12V?

I also think it might be wise to find a way to help support this antenna (2 pounds) so that the fender is not taking all the weight.

shaved99gt

Established Member
i have an antenna that is mounted on my windshield since i shaved the antenna off of the fender i got it at advance auto parts and any car audio place has them i get great reception with mine

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
shaved99gt: since you shaved all those parts of your car listed in your sig, does it ever get a 5 o'clock shadow?

a94cobra

Established Member
I've got one of these(not sure on brand) on my 94. It's reception wasn't as good as stock.

Users who are viewing this thread