Embarrased in front of a turbo 350Z

GM H8R

Just a GT
Established Member
So I just ran to the store to pick up some frosty beverages and pulled up to a light (a forever light that stays red forever) with a 350Z sitting at it. Dude asked me how the new 5.0's ran and I said there ok. He told me about his turbo, blow off valve, blah blah blah. Anyway, he wanted to run I said okay and it went like this, light tuns green, we leave, I pull, I keep pulling, and at about 75-80 I let off and he passes me. That was cool till I realized my turn signal was on the whole time. Crap!!!

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Get 'em, Get 'em, Get 'em...I've not run across a 350Z that can stand up to either of my ponies, let alone a new 5.0. Columbus is small, but, **** 'em in the butt.

Great Kill.

2k3gt

Established Member
Eh..I don't think the turn signal thing is embarrassing as you think it is. The important thing is that you smoked him! :beer:

Zentenk

Established Member
I've seen a nasty turbo 350Z, depends if it is just a base kit or an actual good set-up.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
That was cool till I realized my turn signal was on the whole time. Crap!!!

I read the thread title, read your signature, and then the story... You definitely had me on edge until I cracked up at the last line, well met.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
More details plz. We are suckers for this stuff... revs when launched, shifted, sidewayz? Banging gearz, what's up? I went out with a chic, banged her and went home. Ok so what really happened? 5.os are on all our minds.

GM H8R

Just a GT
Established Member
More details plz. We are suckers for this stuff... revs when launched, shifted, sidewayz? Banging gearz, what's up? I went out with a chic, banged her and went home. Ok so what really happened? 5.os are on all our minds.

Launched at about 1500. Any less and you need a 2-3 ft rollout cause it'll just choke. Any more and the Pirellis just spin on the street. I've been shifing at about 6500 cause a) going to 7 ust seems strange and b) a shift at 6500 has you deep into the next gears powerband. All in all the race only lasted 9 or 10 seconds if that. It's so easy to hit 100 in these things.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I love the new 5.0 even more, nowe we finally have a fast stock and all motor mustang and its a GT! no need to buy a saleen or cobra to get 400hp stock I love it :), dam that sux for him hes turbo and still lost to a stock all motor mustang gt :) 2011 IS A GOOD YEAR FOR US :)

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
cousin has a mid 2000's 350Z that he though was fast.. till I gave him a ride in my pullied 03 Cobra.. he changed his tune quite quickly on how he though it would keep up with me in a race..

(we never did race, it would have been a waste of gas on my part)

Users who are viewing this thread