Ended my Subscription to Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Does anyone else also find it kind of trashy that they send you all of the letters marked in RED bold about your subscription running out when you still have almost a year left? I fell for this once and renewed, but i look a little closer now.
I too prefer Print, its kinda hard to pull up an article on your phone at a car show to show somebody something and read it off your phone.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I have been reading almost every car magazine.

Some for 40 years. Some to see the new cars and motorcycles. Some about aviation and so on.

But I have never seen a magazine go downhill as fast as MM&FF. It is half as many pages as five years ago. Very few technical stories. Now all they are doing is showing you some Mustang that had a bunch of money spent on airbrushing under the hood.

What I want are test of thing that we actually care about. How about putting an 03 Cobra motor on a dyno and test the major head porting services against a stock head?

Or a test of a few different size turbo housings? Or maybe a test of a few different cams? I remember just a couple of years ago Hot Rod took a stout shortblock and tested seven different heads. Not that is information you can use.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a test of different rods? Tested to destruction? Put them in a twin turbo motor and keep dynoing it with higher and higher boost levels until the engine eats itself.

I'm tired of seeing a car beauty contest or race results three months late.

Like others, I agree with this completely. But IMO all the mainstream mags today are shit scared of upsetting their advertisers and loosing the $$$.

john_anch_ak

I used to like this magazine, but like others have said, it's nothing but tons of advertising and they spend a ton of money on upgrades almost no one can afford, or at least nothing that I can afford anyway.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Ive always just picked it up on the shelf at the store, so I could browse through it and buy it if there is any interesting articles.

mach14604

Established Member
This is not because I think MM&FF is terrible. .

No its terrible and always has been mediocre at best, how that magazine survived over others is beyond me. I told them those exact words when I cancelled my replacement of copy of Hot Rod last week. I always felt 5.0 was more realistic and was on level with what most people do to their Mustangs.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
No its terrible and always has been mediocre at best, how that magazine survived over others is beyond me. I told them those exact words when I cancelled my replacement of copy of Hot Rod last week. I always felt 5.0 was more realistic and was on level with what most people do to their Mustangs.

Politics.

Para81

Established Member
5.0 and most Mustang magazines are garbage, loaded with juvenile articles, trashy women, and all around low class vibe. Never purchased them. You want a good car magazine pick up a copy of Excellence or Total911.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Sucks. Smartphones and forums have killed the industry. Why would I wait to maybe see the tech article I want, when I can search this or other forums? Why write in to "ask Bernie", when a more interactive answer comes from a forum. Why follow their garbage features, when I can follow a 20 page epic build thread here from start to finish and comment as the build progresses. And the cars they often feature are either riced out autozone abortions, or have had $100k spent on them.

But the industry also shot itself in the foot by going downhill and not improving content. Like others have said, I can pick one of these mags up today and completely get what I need out of it in less than five minutes.

I was a loyal subscriber to both mm&ff and 5.0 since college (1995).

Users who are viewing this thread