engine builds and degree cams

88blackhorse

Established Member
how's it going everyone? Im rebuilding my 08 5.4 Shelby and I have a few questions. Im going to install the arp main stud kit and was wondering if you guys are installing the studs on with locktite or just screwing them into the block. I also went with custom grind cams and was wondering if anyone had a video or link on how to degree cams for a 4v. Im also interested in seeing other peoples builds. thank you

88blackhorse

Established Member
some people like to learn new things. some people have goals of building their own Shelby and being proud to say they built it and not just took it to a shop and had money to blow. just asking for advise that's all. everyone has to learn somewhere. :lol:

Van@RevanRacing

some people like to learn new things. some people have goals of building their own Shelby and being proud to say they built it and not just took it to a shop and had money to blow. just asking for advise that's all. everyone has to learn somewhere. :lol:

shelby mark was giving good advice. seek out the assistance and help of a modular motor expert. build it yourself and do the work yourself and degree the cams yourself but in order to decrease your expense and learning curve seek out the guidance and assistance of a modular expert.

Installing cams TDC on these cars doesn't always work out very well and proper cam installation and degree is paramount. Heck, build it yourself and then send it to someone to be degreed like Michael Rauscher at L&M engines. he's degreed multiple cams by different engine builders.

Users who are viewing this thread