Engine CARNAGE...#8... 5L KryPoNITE

Quickstang5o

Established Member
Lots of negative post on here. This is a problem! One that I've experienced first hand. Mine is getting a new motor via ford warranty. I swapped it back to stock properly tho. Ford said it was nothing I did anyway. Ford has been colaborating with tuners and everyone who has a canned tune will be issued a new tune. So this has been a problem for all you ignorant SOB's. What exactly the issue is has yet to be determined.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Lots of negative post on here. This is a problem! One that I've experienced first hand. Mine is getting a new motor via ford warranty. I swapped it back to stock properly tho. Ford said it was nothing I did anyway. Ford has been colaborating with tuners and everyone who has a canned tune will be issued a new tune. So this has been a problem for all you ignorant SOB's. What exactly the issue is has yet to be determined.

Yeah ok..are you trying to scare someone big boy? Is this a problem? With you,yes. And a fraction of others.This is NOT a wide spread problem obviously. My guess is that it was a bad batch of parts that contributed. This is why I NEVER buy a first model year of any car, especially a brand new engine. I'm sure the new ones being produced have some changes. You probably shouldn't call names though. I makes you look like a simpleton.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member

Ignorant SOB's? Nice first post there tough guy...

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Ignorant SOB's? Nice first post there tough guy...

Dude probably drives a Camaro, and has a friend of a friend who heard about a friend getting his car's motor replaced. :banana:

davidhuff

Established Member
Great first post!

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
this is a datalog of mine. both banks. and spark advance.

run1.JPG

nothing in this tune will cause a failure.

Quickstang5o

Established Member
Yeah ok..are you trying to scare someone big boy? Is this a problem? With you,yes. And a fraction of others.This is NOT a wide spread problem obviously. My guess is that it was a bad batch of parts that contributed. This is why I NEVER buy a first model year of any car, especially a brand new engine. I'm sure the new ones being produced have some changes. You probably shouldn't call names though. I makes you look like a simpleton.

I only stated the facts. Never blamed the tune or ford. If no one posts about it then ford will decline everyones warranty (with a tune). And it's more than a few people buddy.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Go back to tuner school 12.8-13.0:1 is the norm for NA stuff heck factory the car was 12.5:1 also the car was logged on the road and was pulling any timing also if you add torco the car will automatically add timing just ask your tunning guru Lund

keep on talking about what you dont know the lund tunes fora bolt on NA 11 are 13:1 WE JUST SPUN ONE UP

I've been tuning fuel injected engines longer than most of these "specialty shops" that proclaim to be Mustang tuner gurus, and I can tell you that you NEVER want to tune a pump gas, 11:1 C/R engine at 13:1 A/F.. especially one that's going to get beat on. The power difference between 12:1 (which is about where I would tune this engine), and 13:1 is nill, and not worth the risk of detonation at/around the TQ peak.

Travis

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I've been tuning fuel injected engines longer than most of these "specialty shops" that proclaim to be Mustang tuner gurus, and I can tell you that you NEVER want to tune a pump gas, 11:1 C/R engine at 13:1 A/F.. especially one that's going to get beat on. The power difference between 12:1 (which is about where I would tune this engine), and 13:1 is nill, and not worth the risk of detonation at/around the TQ peak.

Travis

Maybe u missed the post with the ford tune video showing 13:1 on a stock car ( I might call them a guru). That said I will be staying around the 12:1 area with the new motor

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Maybe u missed the post with the ford tune video showing 13:1 on a stock car ( I might call them a guru). That said I will be staying around the 12:1 area with the new motor

No offense.. I don't really want to argue with you, but I don't really care who posted what. I know from 15 years of experience that you don't run a high compression motor at 13:1 A/F on pump gas. It's just begging for disaster.. especially with a cast piston. There's just no cushion, and there's no reason to do it, when the power difference between 12:1 and 13:1 is nill. There's no way in hell I'd turn someone loose in a car that I know is going to get beat on, without some cushion built into the tune.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Didn't someone post a stock pull that was 12.4 A/F?? Don't know if a bung or tailpipe sniffer was used. Would really like to see a stock car Dyno'd, then the Frpp Tune installed and tested. Wonder what the Ford Racing parameters are and if it really does give the 16 Rwhp above stock, it does keep the factory warranty intact...
Also wonder what our Tuners set-ups put down WITHOUT a Cai?? Isn't it usually about 25 Hp above stock, with Tune, Cai and Axlebacks only??? Thanx...

Last edited:

2K11 5point0

Established Member
New here but wanted to post, my engine gave out last week! All stock besides some hush powers . I don't know if I have the #8 cyc. Problem but I did have a serious knock in the bottom and the tech said all camshafts were way out of alignment. My personal opinion something electronic got off on my car and allowed the engine components to get out of spec. , for weeks my car had been holding back in low rpms and running great once it got past about 4500 . I got a check engine light onetime for a few hours that then went away.

My car is a November 2010 build black on black/ cashmere premium brembo 3:73 manual car.

Ford is replacing my engine no problems except for the fact that the 5.0 engine is backordered right now!

I will let y'all know if I find out more

Last edited:

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
New here but wanted to post, my engine gave out last week! All stock besides some hush powers . I don't know if I have the #8 cyc. Problem but I did have a serious knock in the bottom and the tech said all camshafts were way out of alignment. My personal opinion something electronic got off on my car and allowed the engine components to get out of spec. , for weeks my car had been holding back in low rpms and running great once it got past about 4500 . I got a check engine light onetime for a few hours that then went away.

My car is a November 2011 build black on black/ cashmere premium brembo 3:73 manual car.

Ford is replacing my engine no problems except for the fact that the 5.0 engine is backordered right now!

I guess time travel is extra hard on the motors. I kid I kid. Sucks to hear, but glad you are being taken care of!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I heard Bout your car locally. What dealership you at?

My car is a November 2010 build black on black/ cashmere premium brembo 3:73 manual car.

lonegunman

Established Member

when you say serious knock, was it when cold and then it went away when the car warmed up or was it there all the time? how many miles on the engine when it blew?

2K11 5point0

Established Member
Jdv who told you about my car? What plant do you work at and my car is at but there is another Gt that was in for a new motor and I believe he had a piston tear up!

Lonegun my engine knock all started the day I brought it in

MRDEW2852

Established Member
2011 mustang 5.0

Well sounds like i'm in the same boat with some other people out
there. 1 have a 2011 5.0 with 5011 miles and have dropped number 8
cylinder. Had sct tuner on vehicle and removed and put back to stock and returned to dealer for check engine light on. Now i get
car returned to me with no engine warranty and a 120.00 bill. My
number 8 piston suppose to have a whole and a crack. But i'm sorry
it don't. Don't no why i lost compression but i no it because of what they say. I bought a 800.00 scope and scoped the engine myself and did not find whole or crack. Iv'e already hired a lawyer and am taking ford to court. Anybody that wants to here the ending ? Let me no.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Well sounds like i'm in the same boat with some other people out
there. 1 have a 2011 5.0 with 5011 miles and have dropped number 8
cylinder. Had sct tuner on vehicle and removed and put back to stock and returned to dealer for check engine light on. Now i get
car returned to me with no engine warranty and a 120.00 bill. My
number 8 piston suppose to have a whole and a crack. But i'm sorry
it don't. Don't no why i lost compression but i no it because of what they say. I bought a 800.00 scope and scoped the engine myself and did not find whole or crack. Iv'e already hired a lawyer and am taking ford to court. Anybody that wants to here the ending ? Let me no.

Who did you get your tuner from? and describe the tune please...ie aggresive 93, 91, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread