Engine CARNAGE...#8... 5L KryPoNITE

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
Well sounds like i'm in the same boat with some other people out
there. 1 have a 2011 5.0 with 5011 miles and have dropped number 8
cylinder. Had sct tuner on vehicle and removed and put back to stock and returned to dealer for check engine light on. Now i get
car returned to me with no engine warranty and a 120.00 bill. My
number 8 piston suppose to have a whole and a crack. But i'm sorry
it don't. Don't no why i lost compression but i no it because of what they say. I bought a 800.00 scope and scoped the engine myself and did not find whole or crack. Iv'e already hired a lawyer and am taking ford to court. Anybody that wants to here the ending ? Let me no.

So, they voided your warranty is what I am getting from this...and because they detected a tune? Details please.

JackisBack

Established Member
cylinder. Had sct tuner on vehicle and removed and put back to stock and returned to dealer for check engine light on. Now i get
it don't. Don't no why i lost compression but i no it because of what they say. I bought a 800.00 scope and scoped the engine myself and did not find whole or crack. Iv'e already hired a lawyer and am taking ford to court. Anybody that wants to here the ending ? Let me no.

they are crackng on the sides of the piston look at were my chunk is missing. thats were they are all failing the top usally looks great so yo wont be able to see it with a scope.

sorry this is the OP i posted on a freinds account

ViciousJay

Established Member
they are crackng on the sides of the piston look at were my chunk is missing. thats were they are all failing the top usally looks great so yo wont be able to see it with a scope.

sorry this is the OP i posted on a freinds account

Yes, they are cracking at the rings and scoring the sleeves.

TBuick87

Established Member
What is the Mileage on your car? From what I take from reading these threads is that
their happening realatively early in the engines lifecycle, like between 1000 to 4000 miles??
Hope so anyhow as im at 9000trouble free (knock on wood) miles....
On another note I heard that Ford searches the message boards to, in order
To prove Tunes/Racing.....

shadowstang03gt

Established Member

u realize u are wasting your time. u had a tune in it. U wanna play, u gotta pay.

davidhuff

Established Member
Who is your tuner?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Jdv who told you about my car? What plant do you work at and my car is at but there is another Gt that was in for a new motor and I believe he had a piston tear up!

Lonegun my engine knock all started the day I brought it in

I work at rubicon. Guy there named allan told me about one that destroyed the top end due to malfunction in cam timing/sensors.

davidhuff

Established Member
Why post this BS if you are not going to give all the information to help our members stay away from the amateur tuners out there.I know for a fact there is a lot of fast 5.0 mustangs that have aftermarket tunes and even supercharger installs that are not killing no.8 cylinder.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Why post this BS if you are not going to give all the information to help our members stay away from the amateur tuners out there.I know for a fact there is a lot of fast 5.0 mustangs that have aftermarket tunes and even supercharger installs that are not killing no.8 cylinder.

i have noticed a lot of people with these newer cars are like this. They wanna make a big deal about something and then never finish the story. I think to many owners who play need for speed on xbox and think everything is that easy.

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I have stopped mods going on mine because of this. Why won't anyone come foward with the names of the tuners?:shrug:

javierrflores

svt
Established Member

this ^

hope its just a bad tune, and not the 5.0 engine.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
hate reading bs like especially when people leave out the parts of the story that matter (ie, who the tuner is and other details). Guess i just wont buy a tune from ANYONE since i dont know who to avoid exactly. All your doing is hurting the GOOD tuners out there and letting the armatures get away.

my cobra took a beating and poped at 150k miles. Was never afraid to do anything to it....this cars been great but im scared to touch shit. If i wanted a car that i didnt want to or wasnt allowed to personalize i would have purchased a Fusion. And we're talking boltons here not even blowers.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Well after reading this thread I would say that there may have been a piston and or ring problem with some early 5.0's and that Ford has fixed all of them that were not modded and fixed some of them even if they were modded. I would say they are going above and beyond to take care of the problem. To the OP sounds like it was the dealer in your case that denied your claim, but it sounds like you have accepted that fact and are upgrading on your dime. I have a 2012 on order and plan on doing the FRPP tuner kit and would love to do the blower as well but they dont sell it for the auto. So if I have a problem Ford will cover it and when I want to pay for the repairs or the warranty is done I will do what ever I want to the car.

MRDEW2852

Established Member
Tuner

hate reading bs like especially when people leave out the parts of the story that matter (ie, who the tuner is and other details). Guess i just wont buy a tune from anyone since i dont know who to avoid exactly. All your doing is hurting the good tuners out there and letting the armatures get away.

My cobra took a beating and poped at 150k miles. Was never afraid to do anything to it....this cars been great but im scared to touch shit. If i wanted a car that i didnt want to or wasnt allowed to personalize i would have purchased a fusion. And we're talking boltons here not even blowers.

tune by brenspeed.

MRDEW2852

Established Member
5.0 engine has a problem

My 5.0 has a problem like i explained before with no:8 cylinder.
But see i'm not like other guys on this site complaining about you
play, you pay. Well i played and i'm not playing. The ford company
blamed the problem on the tuner and said that my engine has a hole and crack in top of piston no:8 . Well there completely wrong
i have 32 pictures of the pistons in my car and i have n0:8 piston in
my hand and i will post the pictures and the picture of no:8 and show the problem with it and it ain't caused by no tuner. I have paid a dealership ( not a ford dealer )to pull the engine and give me no: 8 piston in hand to take to court...........sence iv'e taken the car to 3 ford dealers and tried to pay them to pull engine and hand me the no:8 piston and they all refused my money.....i offered
all three ford dealers to pull engine and i would pay them up front $1500.00 but they all refused. Somebody afraid of something or what ????????????

Users who are viewing this thread