Engine dress up?

venams03

Established Member
I couldn't find a specific forum so I apologize if there is and I didn't find it.

I'm looking to dress up the engine a bit. I've seen pictures of aluminum covers for the reservoirs up front and the fuse cover.

Anyone have any advice on what/where-to-buy or pics Please?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Tanks from Van and subsequently polished:

1c6abb97bc9ec15b1d735beb62757e8b_zpsf638ee7d.jpg

venams03

Established Member
Goose. Those tanks are gorgeous.

I'm just googled and found many GT500 engine bay dress up kits that just included the caps (7 + 1 dip stick).

Advice and opinions on which set, best price etc?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Goose. Those tanks are gorgeous.

I'm just googled and found many GT500 engine bay dress up kits that just included the caps (7 + 1 dip stick).

Advice and opinions on which set, best price etc?

Thank you sir.

I like my caps. I polished the tops to match the tanks, but I don't think they are available any more. As for opinions on which to get, I've seen many nice caps... Just try to tie them in with your theme/colors.

venams03

Established Member
Shop around, prices are all over the place, some offer free shipping..

You are not kidding about the prices being ALL OVER. I can say that I am not going to shell out close to $600 bucks for the now Shelby (321) caps.

The 07-09 Shelby Engine cap kit is perfect looking to me (I loved the Red snake and Shelby) and was a great price around $300 but is now discontinued! WTF.. I have no idea why they discontinued that kit.

Does anyone know where to get a set of those now "discontinued" cap kits?

mustang loco

Established Member
You are not kidding about the prices being ALL OVER. I can say that I am not going to shell out close to $600 bucks for the now Shelby (321) caps.

The 07-09 Shelby Engine cap kit is perfect looking to me (I loved the Red snake and Shelby) and was a great price around $300 but is now discontinued! WTF.. I have no idea why they discontinued that kit.

Does anyone know where to get a set of those now "discontinued" cap kits?

If you want to call these guys,advertising for a 4.0 engine..but these would fit imo,only problem is you'd be one cap short for the cooling tanks..maybe give them a call..eng oïl and coolant caps just go over the oem ones..I had these for a few yrs on mine and really like them..Wonder why they discontinued them

http://www.championmustang.com/modern/0509-shelby-billet-engine-caps-40l-complete-set-p-702.html

shelby2

Established Member
Believe it or not, you can get really good deals on E-Bay. Hose covers, colored wire loom, Chrome wire loom, Crome wire ties, anadized bolts, bolt covers, braided hose covers. For engine caps, valve covers, coil covers, look at the sale section in this forum and others such as team shelby, GT500 forum. You'll find killer deals, and be able to creat a beautiful engine bay for not much $. I found such great deals on bolt covers and wire covers that I have a cabinet of spare parts if I need them. Just take your time and I'm sure you too will creat a beautiful engine compartment for not much money. This is what I came up with using used parts, and E-Bay good deals.
post-35652-0-83374200-1408447997.jpg

Mark

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread