Engine oil and filter change‏!

03 VENOM

Established Member
Changing the oil and filter is probably the easiest thing you can do on any car!!!!

MysticRob

Established Member
Just thinking about doing it yourself voids your warranty and depreciates the vehicle's residual value by 99% --- I'll take it off your hands for $700 so you're getting a good deal. Trust me.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I can't wait to see all the lubrication questions pop up for the new 5.8L Trinity platform. The same application requirements for the 2007-2012 will apply to the 2013.

However, you know the question will get asked.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I can't wait to see all the lubrication questions pop up for the new 5.8L Trinity platform. The same application requirements for the 2007-2012 will apply to the 2013.

However, you know the question will get asked.

just repost that UOA thread in this section and ask Tob to sticky it....:shrug:

Panzerfaust

Established Member
Well, I'll throw gas on the fire and ask how many miles until the first oil change? I've always been a fan of changing the oil after the first ~1000 miles, to remove metal particles from break-in, but that is an artifact from my youth, when I built my own engines and the warranty was 0 miles/0 months. Thoughts?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Well, I'll throw gas on the fire and ask how many miles until the first oil change? I've always been a fan of changing the oil after the first ~1000 miles, to remove metal particles from break-in, but that is an artifact from my youth, when I built my own engines and the warranty was 0 miles/0 months. Thoughts?

if im not mistaken its still recommended or at least still practiced to change the oil after the first 1000 miles or so for the reason you stated

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Might just make a separate lube/oil forum.

You know that would be terrific! :beer:

sounds good to me, I vote for unleashed to mod it :rockon:

+1:thumbsup:

You guys are to kind. However, 98% of my SVT Performance time would be spent in there, mod or no mod.

I agree with early first oil changes. Never have I exceeded 1500 miles on a new car before changing it.

Users who are viewing this thread