"Engine Oil Change Soon" Message

ToltecWarrior

Banishing Self-Importance
Established Member
When I started my 2013 GT500 today, I received the message "Engine Oil Change Soon" in the dash display. The vehicle has 1,100 miles so I was surprised to see this message so early. I checked the Owner's Manual and the supplement and cannot find any information about this other than the recommended oil change interval of 7,500 miles. I also searched this site for other notes on this and cannot find any. Has anybody else received this message at this mileage? I was going to reset the oil life to 100% but figured I would ask the group for thoughts and input.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
You can have your dealer set the oil change parameters when they change the oil or at PDI new vehicle pick up and the light will come on. We had it set at 1500 miles for the first one and now we are at a 3k mile warning Just tell you dealer what you want :)

ToltecWarrior

Banishing Self-Importance
Established Member
You can have your dealer set the oil change parameters when they change the oil or at PDI new vehicle pick up and the light will come on. We had it set at 1500 miles for the first one and now we are at a 3k mile warning Just tell you dealer what you want :)

Thank you! I appreciate the tip and will use it!

ford13

Established Member
mine sat for six months with 800 miles. It timed so when I started it in mid May, it gave me the oil change required at every startup. I changed it because I wanted to anyway but that might be the reason your message came up ...

Larry

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
You can also program the light yourself to come on at a certain percentage thru the settings menu.

I must be missing something. I knew I could reset "Oil Life" to various percentages through the menus, and have no trouble doing that. I cannot, however, find a setting to program the "Engine Oil Change Soon" light for a different percentage. Is that something a dealer must do, or can we do via a menu? :??:

AZGT500

Established Member
Engine oil change soon

How long do you wait before an oil change if you only put 3000 miles a year on your car?

Shhhh

Established Member
Ok I'm an idiot. Ive done this once before but now I cannot remember how. How do you reset the Engine Oil Change Soon light?
I go into information, then system check, the light pops up, I press ok. Then when I scroll to the bottom to see the oil life %, it isn't there.

Thanks in advance. I know its something stupid I'm missing.

mikejaeggi

Established Member
I did not know that. I have had the vehicle for 8 months. Thanks for your input!

yes, the warning comes up at 6 months or 7500 miles, whatever comes first. you could probably wait the full 7500 miles if you wanted but it's probably smart to get your first change within the first year

Users who are viewing this thread