Engine pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

specizripn

Established Member
It's nearly the same as the prior cars... Other than a few things that are shared with the v6 moved around to accommodate for the car being offered in both hand drives.
attachment.php

bossman302

Banned
WOW, all the exterior mods done to this car, and this is the engine bay it gets? Just saying it kinda looks like POOP! Im sure they will clean it up, and throw some fancy covers on it, but I think they could have done more IMOP. I see now why they didn't have any with the hood up!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
WOW, all the exterior mods done to this car, and this is the engine bay it gets? Just saying it kinda looks like POOP! Im sure they will clean it up, and throw some fancy covers on it, but I think they could have done more IMOP. I see now why they didn't have any with the hood up!

lol i hope you realize that the pic is a test mule.

Grant808

Established Member
lol i hope you realize that the pic is a test mule.

From what I could see under the GT Track Pack that was in SoCal, it still had extra telemetry wiring on it much like the test mule picture above. The transporter I talked to said they weren't allowed to put the hood up. I'm guessing that all the new panels and decorative bits just aren't done yet.

bossman302

Banned
I'm well aware it was a test car, Been around a while, but using some imagination, you can still tell it's hasn't gone through any re-design such as the outside,

And to unveil the car with out it being finished is kind of half ass'ed, Not like they didn't know when they where going to release the car.

I guess I just expected more from the design team, seems all they where worried about was a flashy exterior, and interior, and left the engine bay and assorted parts dated like the 2011 5.0.

Now all the GM boys will be swelled about how Slow our GT is Compared to there New Z28 and there ZL1! once again Ford is going to take a back seat, but we are at least gonna get a eco Boost 4cyl!!! now there is some press.

I think that is my biggest issues with this redesign, we went from the dominant power 5.8 662 HP Camaro and ZR-1 Killer to a eco Boost 4cyl, and a 440 HP GT. I thought the plan was to move forward not back.

Sure, Ford may be planning to build a eco boost 5.0 Down the road. but the day of the 200 MPH Super Stang is Long gone! I am Glad I have two of the Last real Muscle cars sitting in my Garage. To me the new Mustang looks more like the new Soccer mom and Star Bucks Lover Croney car. IMOP

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the tweaks to the coyote have been in the cylinder heads and rods along with a new intake manifold. i dont see anything wrong with the way the current coyote looks. and if you compare a gt to a zl1 or z28 you are a fool. they are not the same price range or type of car. and the mustang is not a muscle car.

bossman302

Banned
So a 662 hp shelby is not considered a muscle car? Hmmm. As for price for zl1 and Z06 lets just wait and see what a loaded GT sells for! As for heads and cams, its a boss set up with hyper pistons, so not much improvement there

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
So a 662 hp shelby is not considered a muscle car? Hmmm. As for price for zl1 and Z06 lets just wait and see what a loaded GT sells for! As for heads and cams, its a boss set up with hyper pistons, so not much improvement there

i dont know about loaded gt all i know is that the base v8 wont be much more expansive than the current one. i would guess that tops it would be 32k which is less than half of what a z06 cost which i dont understand why you bring it up because it is a totally different car. we might as well start comparing the mustang to 911 turbos..... and no the mustang is not a muscle car. it has never been that. we dont know yet what has been done with the pistons so i cant tell you much about them but if they are using stronger rods i am sure that the pistons have some design changes as well.

Voltwings

Established Member
I'm well aware it was a test car, Been around a while, but using some imagination, you can still tell it's hasn't gone through any re-design such as the outside,

And to unveil the car with out it being finished is kind of half ass'ed, Not like they didn't know when they where going to release the car.

Being unveiled and being released are two separate things. They gave us teaser shots for now, but the car isnt actually going to be properly released (or unveiled if you'd like) until the Auto show later in the year. There would be no sense in laying all their cars on the table just yet, this release is supposed to be a big deal with it being the anniversary and all. Besides, what all did you want them to change? The current 5.0 design works, what would you have them do, flip the air intake to the other side? Dont fix what aint broken in my opinion.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Who cares what the engine looks like, honestly? Probably the same ol V8 with a big plastic cover on the intake manifold. Not like you're going to see a surprise supercharger on there anywhere.

bossman302

Banned
i dont know about loaded gt all i know is that the base v8 wont be much more expansive than the current one. i would guess that tops it would be 32k which is less than half of what a z06 cost which i dont understand why you bring it up because it is a totally different car. we might as well start comparing the mustang to 911 turbos..... and no the mustang is not a muscle car. it has never been that. we dont know yet what has been done with the pistons so i cant tell you much about them but if they are using stronger rods i am sure that the pistons have some design changes as well.

Well I dont know your age, or what planet you have been on. The mustang didnt stat as a muscle car, it evolved into one! Did u miss the Boss 429 mustang? Boss 351? Boss 302? 428scj Mach 1? S code 67 and 68 fastbacks? How about our current Cobra jet mustang? Kicking ass and taking names! ALL where and still are American Muscle cars!!!

And yes an engine bay makes a big difference to a lot of people. Nothing more pressive than a big ass 4 valve with a SC on top versus some cheap plastic intake cover.

For those of you who think its not important, well guess your not real car guys. And your current car probably hasnt had the motor cleaned in a whilr.

I see any negative comment about the 15 isn't very well liked here. Well fellas not everyone is going to agree it's the cat's meow! So take the good with the bad we are all entitled to our opinions.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Well I dont know your age, or what planet you have been on. The mustang didnt stat as a muscle car, it evolved into one! Did u miss the Boss 429 mustang? Boss 351? Boss 302? 428scj Mach 1? S code 67 and 68 fastbacks? How about our current Cobra jet mustang? Kucking ass and taking names! ALL where and still are American Muscle cars!!!

And yes an engine bay makes a big difference to a lot of people. Nothing more pressive tham a big ass 4 valve with a SC on top versus some cheap plastic intake cover.

For those of you who think its not important, well guess your not real car guys. And your current car probably hasnt had the motor cleaned in a whilr.

I see any negative comment about the 15 isn't very well liked here. Well fellas not everyone is going to agree it's the cat's meow! So take the good with the bad we are all entitled to our opinions.

why does the age matter or the planet that i am from. The mustang is a pony car it has been a pony car and still is. but if you want to think it is a muscle car then go right ahead and consider it a muscle car. It does not matter if it is one or not to be honest. as far as the engine. i like functionality and functionality is not pretty. for has to put all those shitty covers to please people like you that want a cute engine bay.

oh and my engine bay is very clean and free of plastic covers and shit noise tube.

Last edited:

bossman302

Banned
why does the age matter or the planet that i am from. The mustang is a pony car it has been a pony car and still is. but if you want to think it is a muscle car then go right ahead and consider it a muscle car. It does not matter if it is one or not to be honest. as far as the engine. i like functionality and functionality is not pretty. for has to put all those shitty covers to please people like you that want a cute engine bay.

oh and my engine bay is very clean and free of plastic covers and shit noise tube.

And I bet your ambient lights are purple too right? Pony car? Functionality? Ok need a man card check here! And I never been to a car show and asked how does my car function! I have been asked what's under the hood! And respobse! Thats a big ass motor and its factory! End of story

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
wtf are you talking about? you go to car shows and show your stock boss? to impress people that dont know shit about cars... why dont you post your engine bay pics. I bet anything that it has the little 5.0 caps and retarted manifold covers.

bossman302

Banned
wtf are you talking about? you go to car shows and show your stock boss? to impress people that dont know shit about cars... why dont you post your engine bay pics. I bet anything that it has the little 5.0 caps and retarted manifold covers.

I no longer Have a Boss, not easy to change your Avatar name, I have a 2014 GT 500,

However Yes I did take my Boss to several events, and gatherings, and Had many people ask, whats under the hood, The Boss is an Impressive looking motor, not to mention it runs quite well, I had LOW 12 second time slips, and sure I could have been in the 11's with a better 60 Foot.

As for Fancy caps, NOPE, never been into chrome or any kind of Bling, and that is all the 2015 is, ALL SHOW AND NO GO! The new Mustang is for Guys who say its a PONY car, and it Has Great functionality. SO I guess you will be buying a 15!

Now the GT 500 on the other hand, TRUE MUSCLE CAR! if you are saying it's not, I think you are on the wrong forum, and should try the G6 website. Was and still is to DATE the WORLDS fastest production car!!!! The Mustang will most likely never be able to make that statement again in the direction it is heading.

So back to my Basic question, Anyone have any GOOD engine bay pictures? Cause if this is what it looks like! I think Ford needs to go back to the drawing board! It looks like pure POOP!

bossman302

Banned
Being unveiled and being released are two separate things. They gave us teaser shots for now, but the car isnt actually going to be properly released (or unveiled if you'd like) until the Auto show later in the year. There would be no sense in laying all their cars on the table just yet, this release is supposed to be a big deal with it being the anniversary and all. Besides, what all did you want them to change? The current 5.0 design works, what would you have them do, flip the air intake to the other side? Dont fix what aint broken in my opinion.

So if what you say is true, Don't Fix it, if it's not Broken??

Then why redesign the whole damn car, but yet leave the basic engine bay the same, like giving Dolly Pardon another face lift! IMOP,

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I no longer Have a Boss, not easy to change your Avatar name, I have a 2014 GT 500,

However Yes I did take my Boss to several events, and gatherings, and Had many people ask, whats under the hood, The Boss is an Impressive looking motor, not to mention it runs quite well, I had LOW 12 second time slips, and sure I could have been in the 11's with a better 60 Foot.

As for Fancy caps, NOPE, never been into chrome or any kind of Bling, and that is all the 2015 is, ALL SHOW AND NO GO! The new Mustang is for Guys who say its a PONY car, and it Has Great functionality. SO I guess you will be buying a 15!

Now the GT 500 on the other hand, TRUE MUSCLE CAR! if you are saying it's not, I think you are on the wrong forum, and should try the G6 website. Was and still is to DATE the WORLDS fastest production car!!!! The Mustang will most likely never be able to make that statement again in the direction it is heading.

So back to my Basic question, Anyone have any GOOD engine bay pictures? Cause if this is what it looks like! I think Ford needs to go back to the drawing board! It looks like pure POOP!

how can you say that the 2015 is all show and no go? do you realize how stupid that sounds? you are talking about a car that has yet to be tested and everything points to the fact that it will be faster than the previews generation. sure the gt500 is great car if you dont mind the 2 tons you are trying to move. not that the s197 is a light chassis but the gt500s are pigs. the 5.8 liter is great but it is a shame that it only handles about the same power that a stock coyote could handle before getting rid of the stock rods thru a window in the block.

oh and you think that the only changes to the s550 are looks... that just shows how ignorant you are. have you even seen the drawing of the suspension that are flying around the forum?

Last edited:

bossman302

Banned
how can you say that the 2015 is all show and no go? do you realize how stupid that sounds? you are talking about a car that has yet to be tested and everything points to the fact that it will be faster than the previews generation. sure the gt500 is great car if you dont mind the 2 tons you are trying to move. not that the s197 is a light chassis but the gt500s are pigs. the 5.8 liter is great but it is a shame that it only handles about the same power that a stock coyote could handle before getting rid of the stock rods thru a window in the block.

oh and you think that the only changes to the s550 are looks... that just shows how ignorant you are. have you even seen the drawing of the suspension that are flying around the forum?

Are you Fing kidding me, It is obvious you have no clue! The 5.8 can handle Close to 900 Horse with Stock Internals! Hell, I have seen a Stock 07 500 with stock rods make 900! And Run in the 9's

The 5.0 can't handle anywhere near that power level on stock Pistons! Not to mention the Rods, Boss Rods can handle a bit more.There pistons are weak link.

As for the new cars Suspension, front is about the same, has a better sway bar set up, and the NEW IRS, well I am sure it will have the same issues the old one did back in 99 to 04, weak axles, wheel hop and so on and so on.

I say no show and no go, cause Ford went backwards, went from a Lead 5.8 Motor, to a lead 5.0!!! And a eco boost 4cyl

As for it's performance, we shall see if it runs better than the current Model, Hopefully the car isn't like the 99 Cobra.

Its obvious you love the new car, so Im done fighting with you about it.

Hey do you have any engine bay pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread