Engine pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Dude the gt500 has the same shit rods as the coyote. In fact the coyote rods are better. The 5.0 engine is also better than the 5.8 modular motor that your new gt500 has which is still based on a 10 year old design. The coyote flows more air and its lighter.

Voltwings

Established Member
And I bet your ambient lights are purple too right? Pony car? Functionality? Ok need a man card check here! And I never been to a car show and asked how does my car function! I have been asked what's under the hood! And respobse! Thats a big ass motor and its factory! End of story

I don't go to car shows, I go to car meets and people only care about what's under the hood if they're seeing tail lights. The point of a car is to function, I have seen ratty pieces of shit fox bodies put busses on gt500's. Its not my cup of tea, but being pretty isn't theirs, to each his own, you prefer show others prefer go. Now before you get your panties in a bunch, im not saying your car isn't fast, im just saying it doesn't seem to be where you focus your priority, anyone can google what a 2013 gt500 engine bay looks like, the point is to see one run.

So if what you say is true, Don't Fix it, if it's not Broken??

Then why redesign the whole damn car, but yet leave the basic engine bay the same, like giving Dolly Pardon another face lift! IMOP,

Yes, the S197 platform "worked," and the SN-95 "worked," and the fox bodies worked, but you're looking at that all wrong. Obviously things need to be updated and improved to keep the platform moving forward, but the pizzaz of the engine bay is not one of them. I would rather Ford spend more money on the functionality of the car than the engine bay aesthetics, but im a function > Form guy myself. If people are seeing my tail lights then im doing something right as far as im concerned. Not to say I rock a ratty engine bay, but im not out there spit shining the thing.

bossman302

Banned
Dude the gt500 has the same shit rods as the coyote. In fact the coyote rods are better. The 5.0 engine is also better than the 5.8 modular motor that your new gt500 has which is still based on a 10 year old design. The coyote flows more air and its lighter.

But yet it makes 226 More HP The 5.8 Rod is a True I beam Forged Rod, the 5.0 Rod is a Powered Metal Forged Rod, and can only take about 8lbs of boost. So for you to say it is a better Rod Just shows you don't know much about these Motors, 5.8 Rods can take up to 900 HP, the 5.0 Rod is only good for about 650 before it goes south!!!

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
dude you have no idea what you are talking about.... the gt500 rods are powered metal as well. also boost does not mean anything. cylinder pressure is what makes horse power. the coyote can make the same amount of power that the gt500 makes at half boost because the cylinders heads flow more and it has higher compression. look if you think that the rods on the gt500 are so bad ass why dont you try this... get your nice and shiny new gt500 and raise the rev limiter to 7500rpm. take it out on a few high speed pulls to red line and come back and post here. the coyotes are spinning 7500-7600rpm while making 650-700rwhp on the stock internals. yes a 5.8l with the right tune and setup will be able to make a few 900rwhp pulls but if you think that is actually safe you are an idiot. same with the coyote. i remember seeing a while back a coyote making 800+rwhp thru an auto with stock internals. it actually lasted quite a while.

bossman302

Banned
Please show me a 700HP 5.0 with Stock Internals, that has stayed together! With over 8lbs of boost.

I also have a 2013 GT, so I know how they run, and what they can handle. SO far, the 5.8 has set all the records, the 5.0 is still a few steps behind.

And the 5.8 Head Flows MORE CFM than the 5.0 head, So I don't see how you can say it makes more power, at half the boost. Your saying a 5.0 with 6 LBS of boost, makes more Power than a GT 500 with 12?

Even a TVS on a 5.0 Only Makes about 650 HP, and that is way over Boosting the motor, and they tell you that you need to replace Rods and pistons. The .5.0 Motor is impressive, but it is no 200 MPH Motor, sure the Shelby is Heavy, but she sure is fast as hell, runs low 11's

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Please show me a 700HP 5.0 with Stock Internals, that has stayed together! With over 8lbs of boost.

I also have a 2013 GT, so I know how they run, and what they can handle. SO far, the 5.8 has set all the records, the 5.0 is still a few steps behind.

And the 5.8 Head Flows MORE CFM than the 5.0 head, So I don't see how you can say it makes more power, at half the boost. Your saying a 5.0 with 6 LBS of boost, makes more Power than a GT 500 with 12?

Even a TVS on a 5.0 Only Makes about 650 HP, and that is way over Boosting the motor, and they tell you that you need to replace Rods and pistons. The .5.0 Motor is impressive, but it is no 200 MPH Motor, sure the Shelby is Heavy, but she sure is fast as hell, runs low 11's

:bored: ok

Voltwings

Established Member
... and can only take about 8lbs of boost.

The guy is obviously a troll. Why bother arguing with him?

Because its annoying. ^^

For starters, boost is the single most arbitrary thing to compare to power, in fact they're practically not even related. Airflow is what makes power, boost is just a measurement of restriction between the compressor and intake manifold. So yes, doing that math, ALL the coyotes putting down 600-700 whp on typically 8 psi from Centri-chargers and 6-9 psi from turbos are in fact making more horsepower than your gt500 does on the stock psi of ... wait for it... 12 psi. This means, the coyote heads flow more, because there is less restriction, causing less boost, but still allowing enough airflow to make horsepower.

However, thats only half the argument, the other half is the compressor. Unless two cars are running the exact same cylinder heads and exact same compressor (in your case a 2.3L tvs and in theirs most often a turbo) you cannot compare boost vs power output between the two of them because its arbitrary. There is actually an article, i forget where, where they took th same supercharger and boosted the coyote and gt500 to similar boost levels and in almost all cases the coyote made more power because of its ability to rev higher and its higher compression ratio.

Lastly, its not boost that is ruining these motors, its heat, which as im sure you know is a by product of compression. Almost any coyote that does go out is experiencing a cylinder 8 failure due to lack of cooling, which is A. a piston failure and B. in no way related to the strength of the rods. Keep in mind that saying "650 is the limit" is also a completely arbitrary statement, because it all depends on the tune and power delivery. 650 whp at 5000 rpms is completely different than 650 at 7500 rpms.

Taneras

Established Member
The Boss is an Impressive looking motor, not to mention it runs quite well, I had LOW 12 second time slips, and sure I could have been in the 11's with a better 60 Foot... and that is all the 2015 is, ALL SHOW AND NO GO!

You realize the 2015 mustangs are going to be faster and handle better than the Boss 302's don't you?

Taneras

Established Member
I say no show and no go, cause Ford went backwards, went from a Lead 5.8 Motor, to a lead 5.0!!! And a eco boost 4cyl.

I guess Chevy went backwards as well. Went from the C6 Z06/ZR1 to the C7 Stingray.

Both Ford and Chevy will release higher tier cars than the current C7's and 2015 5.0's. If you think Ford was going to replace the 2014 GT500's with the 2015 GT's you're an idiot.

bossman302

Banned
You realize the 2015 mustangs are going to be faster and handle better than the Boss 302's don't you?

Well, that is a matter of opinion for now, we will see when it comes out how it performs, we also thought the 99 Cobra was going to be the SHITZ too! but look what happened to that mess of a car! Wouldn't out run the 99 GT of it's time.

If the IRS holds up, and the weight transfer is where it should be, they in all aspect it should be faster, However your Missing my point. If they wanted to do something bad ass with the new body, I would have done a 5.4, NA motor, or a 5.8 NA motor. The new body needed an upgrade in the GT form.

bossman302

Banned
I guess Chevy went backwards as well. Went from the C6 Z06/ZR1 to the C7 Stingray.

Both Ford and Chevy will release higher tier cars than the current C7's and 2015 5.0's. If you think Ford was going to replace the 2014 GT500's with the 2015 GT's you're an idiot.

Dude you an idiot for making that comment! And by doing so, I am not going to even Justify my point, if you can read at all, you will know that is not what this thread was about! So make a few more post and then come back.

Voltwings

Established Member
you replied to everyone else within 3 minutes but seem to have missed me disproving your entire argument lol...

bossman302

Banned
you replied to everyone else within 3 minutes but seem to have missed me disproving your entire argument lol...

Because I disagree with you, and it's not worth my time! Sorry you feel left out. A 2.6 SC is a 2.6 no matter what motor you put it on.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Because I disagree with you, and it's not worth my time! Sorry you feel left out. A 2.6 SC is a 2.6 no matter what motor you put it on.

digging.jpg

Voltwings

Established Member
Well I found the article, so I am going to have to disagree with your disagreeing. Perhaps some reading is worthy of your time. I'll pull some highlights out for you.

1. Another coyote advantage is breathing. We don't have any hard data comparing GT500 and coyote heads, but the coyote engineers have assured us the 5.0 are some of the best flowing V-8 castings to ever roll off a Ford assembly line. Thus they are clearly ahead of the GT500 units.

2. The rule of thumb is 4% more power per point of compression, and the coyote has 2.6 more points of compression than the 5.4 (this is an older article, so change that to 2.0 since the '13's got a 9.0 CR) . Multiply 4 by (2) and the coyote should make 8% more power than a (5.8).

The testing done with the 5.4 validated these claims within 2 horsepower^^

Also, saying X blower is X blower regardless of what engine you put it on is a rather ignorant statement. I'm not pulling this out of my ass, google what "boost" is, and you will see its a measurement of restriction between the manifold and compressor. To further my point, i'll provide another highlight.

3. (this is comparing a 2.8 kb blower, again 5.4 vs 5.0) Im going to paraphrase here, but you can read for yourself.

M6 gt500, 12 psi: 615 whp
A6 5.0, 12 psi: 657 whp

M6 gt500, 15 psi: 654 whp
A6 5.0, 15 psi: 720 whp

Even if you account for the 5.8's displacement advantage over the 5.4, you're still only talking about a roughly 7% increase in torque, but sharing the same redline as the 5.4 doesn't really equate to much more peak power.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...5-0-gt500-vs-blown-gt-results-surprising.html

bossman302

Banned
Well I found the article, so I am going to have to disagree with your disagreeing. Perhaps some reading is worthy of your time. I'll pull some highlights out for you.

1. Another coyote advantage is breathing. We don't have any hard data comparing GT500 and coyote heads, but the coyote engineers have assured us the 5.0 are some of the best flowing V-8 castings to ever roll off a Ford assembly line. Thus they are clearly ahead of the GT500 units.

2. The rule of thumb is 4% more power per point of compression, and the coyote has 2.6 more points of compression than the 5.4 (this is an older article, so change that to 2.0 since the '13's got a 9.0 CR) . Multiply 4 by (2) and the coyote should make 8% more power than a (5.8).

The testing done with the 5.4 validated these claims within 2 horsepower^^

Also, saying X blower is X blower regardless of what engine you put it on is a rather ignorant statement. I'm not pulling this out of my ass, google what "boost" is, and you will see its a measurement of restriction between the manifold and compressor. To further my point, i'll provide another highlight.

3. (this is comparing a 2.8 kb blower, again 5.4 vs 5.0) Im going to paraphrase here, but you can read for yourself.

M6 gt500, 12 psi: 615 whp
A6 5.0, 12 psi: 657 whp

M6 gt500, 15 psi: 654 whp
A6 5.0, 15 psi: 720 whp

Even if you account for the 5.8's displacement advantage over the 5.4, you're still only talking about a roughly 7% increase in torque, but sharing the same redline as the 5.4 doesn't really equate to much more peak power.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-0-gt500-vs-blown-gt-results- surprising.html

Those #s are not from a 5.8, but a 5.4, the 5.8 Makes 15LBS of boost bone stock, and makes 662. So your #s are not current model year. Plus Please post up some Torque #s you will see a huge difference between them I can assure you and at the track torque is where its at. Also GT 500 on 20 PSI Stock Rods (NOT SAFE) of Boost 820! 5.0 on 20 PSI = Blown Motor!!! And Both Heads have been on a Flow benched, and the 5.8 Flows better. However the 5.0 head flows pretty good.

This was not a ENGINE POST! Just wanted some pictures, please start your own thread!!! Talk about HI Jack

Last edited:

12C/OBoss

Established Member
:bored: ok

My Boss WITH stock internals made OVER 780 RWHP at 18 PSI with a KB 2.8LC, no meth, no N2O, just 72 lb injectors and Lund orchestrating the events! So thats OVER 930 CRANK HP. 5.0, STOCK UNTOUCHED LONG BLOCK!

So Im in your corner...5.0 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::

The 5.8 is OLD tech and being sent to the glue factory with the S550's new tech:poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread