Enter data on TOB problems here

Enter data for TOB problem here

• I have/had a bad TOB. My car is basically stock.

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • I have/had bad TOB which ruined retainer and had to replace T56. My car is stock.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • I have had no TOB problems. My car is stock.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Same as 1, but my car is a torque monster

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Same as 2, but my car is a torque monster

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Same as 3, but my car is a torque monster

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I have had the problem more than once!

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I have thought about this problem allot. Does anyone think it has to do with the problems on the stock cars that have it. they shift at hight rpm might not be pwr shift but shift high. others of us that are are stock dont really ever get into it.

If you think about it that TOB has to spin up at the 6000 rpm fast and against that retainer rathet than the others that are always shifting for the most part lower rpm maybe about 3 or less

Just a question where a poll might be done

zero

Established Member
I had mine replaced at 9K. It would squeal when pushing the clutch in.
However it only started once the car had warmed up.
The dealer replaced it under warranty.

46stang

Established Member
My tob started making noise at 3500miles, i put an adj. quadrant in and by appling more psi to the tob the noise was gone. But by 8000miles the tob collar busted and i needed a new trans, clutch assy., all warranty but still sucks!
leon

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra
The only symptom I've had is an intermittent vibration in the clutch pedal. To me, that's a sign something is awry. No noise though - at least not that I can hear. I'm assuming the squealing noise is of varying degrees. One guy wrote that he had to stick his head out the window to hear it while someone else drove. Maybe I should try that. I've been listening very carefully with the windows down, and really can't hear anything.

Mine squealed a couple of times that I noticed sitting at a red light with the car in neutral and the clutch out. I would push the clutch in and it goes away. I could never recreate it.

I have the vibration also and it seems to only do it when driving and going to 4-5K RPMs. It will vibrate when pushing in the clutch for awhile and then go away after several minutes of "normal" driving. Is it getting too hot? :shrug: I took it in on Tuesday to have the dealer look at it and it's still there now getting the clutch and TOB replaced. :nonono:

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
I have just over 8000miles and mine does it after it gets warmed up. It only does it when the clutch is pushed in. I have a firewall adjuster, and quadrant and that has not done anything to help it. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a "Mod Friendly" dealer around here, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do if it breaks.

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
My TOB is squealing like a stuck pig and I have a little over 2k on the car and it is stock still need to get it fixed I guess this is a pretty common problem on these cars HUH?!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread