EPA says VW intentionally violates clean air standards

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
That's funny actually. The main reason I'm sure, is it gets better economy with some of the emissions stuff off. Which is why every diesel I've had has that crap fall off and it runs better after.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's pretty interesting actually.

Everytime I feel like cursing the EPA and our strict vehicle standards...I just think about people in other countries that literally die from breathing their air on a daily basis and think maybe its a fair tradeoff...

oldmodman

Established Member
Intentionally defeating electronic smog control devices to improve performance.

I'm shocked, shocked I say to hear about such activity.

But I'm off for a new tune to make my Whipple 2.0 happy.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That's pretty interesting actually.

Everytime I feel like cursing the EPA and our strict vehicle standards...I just think about people in other countries that literally die from breathing their air on a daily basis and think maybe its a fair tradeoff...

Yeah but EPA takes it to the extreme.

Any governmental entity that has to over-regulate industries to continue to be in existence needs to get axed.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Don't say that. It will give the government the idea to inact a fat tax.

Funny you say that. We were talking about that at work. I think obese and generally out of shape people should pay more for health insurance since they're a higher risk.

Gravik

Established Member
EPA can **** off with their emissions on diesels. Every diesel I've been around, ridden in, or driven runs so much better without all the emissions crap.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
EPA can **** off with their emissions on diesels. Every diesel I've been around, ridden in, or driven runs so much better without all the emissions crap.

Yep. They have better reliability, performance, and fuel mileage without the emissions crap on them. I'd be more than happy to keep the emissions equipment on my truck - if the EPA pays for the extra fuel that it'll use and the $$$$$$$$ repairs that it will need. DPFs are complete garbage.

snakecharmer

Established Member
If I owned one of those and was happy with the way it was performing, the dealer would be forbidden from changing one thing on it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That's funny actually. The main reason I'm sure, is it gets better economy with some of the emissions stuff off. Which is why every diesel I've had has that crap fall off and it runs better after.

Exactly. I'm betting it doesn't run EGR during normal driving.

Threat to public health? I would say obesity is a much bigger threat IMO

HFC probably leads to more deaths per year in the US than diesel particulate.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Yeah I read that article yesterday. Funny thing is that im looking to buy a 2009+ VW Golf TDI.
Guess I might have to hold off since I live in the CARB Republic .

Users who are viewing this thread