Epic: 03 cobra vs turbo ariel atom vs s2000

RealStreetPerf

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r47IUkHYQXU&feature=player_embedded"]Real Street Performance Ariel Atom vs. S2000 vs. 03 Cobra - YouTube[/nomedia]

All of these cars here are out of the same shop here in Orlando, FL.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Cobra didnt have anywhere near enough to hang..........520 whp seems low for a KB 2.6 on 16 psi. My friend just bought a KB 2.6 Cobra that makes 600 whp on pump gas and 18 psi.

Either way, the cobra is basically a behemoth to those two paper weights.

On a sidenote, atoms are so freakin sexy. I want.

Nxed2

Established Member
its a go cart with a proper engine....No likey x2. S2000 was pretty sick...but thats also a tiny ass car.lol

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Awesome video!

Big shock, people don't like the outcome and want to see the same race with different cars that weren't in the video, haha.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
The Atom is for people that have done absolutely everything possible to their car, and still had a shit load of money left over and nothing to spend it on...

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Awesome video!

Big shock, people don't like the outcome and want to see the same race with different cars that weren't in the video, haha.

I think the point is that the Atom is at it's max, considering they turbo'd it. The S2000 is probably close if it is on stock block (I am sure it has at least a head gasket if not internals), why not tune the Cobra better? they could have got 520 with a Posi port, pulley, and 2 pound lower. That 2.6L should be cable of 600+ on 93. At least make it fair, never mind it was was the heaviest car by 1,000 pounds and had the least horsepower.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I think the point is that the Atom is at it's max, considering they turbo'd it. The S2000 is probably close if it is on stock block (I am sure it has at least a head gasket if not internals), why not tune the Cobra better? they could have got 520 with a Posi port, pulley, and 2 pound lower. That 2.6L should be cable of 600+ on 93. At least make it fair, never mind it was was the heaviest car by 1,000 pounds and had the least horsepower.

At the end of the day, those are the cars they had and they lined them up. Of course it would be cool to see the Cobra set up more aggessively, but it wasn't so what are you gonna do.

Saying, "oh yeah, well go get a TT Cobra and see what happens!" is :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RealStreetPerf

Established Member
The Atom is for people that have done absolutely everything possible to their car, and still had a shit load of money left over and nothing to spend it on...

This is the truth! The owner of the Atom has a 7 second @ 180+mph Fox body, 1100whp Supra, M6, Bikes, you name it. He just wanted something ridiculous and completely unnecessary, and now he's got it.

RealStreetPerf

Established Member

The atom has another 200whp in it the way it sits with the turbo that is on it. Put some good gas and it will get there in a hurry.

The S2000 is a completely stock bottom end, stock head gasket, just has n/a camshafts and valvesprings. It is extremely fast for what it is.

The Cobra has 107,000 miles on the engine, so it is tired to say the least. But it is still a fun car and will be turned up in the future, along with headers and nitrous.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
The atom has another 200whp in it the way it sits with the turbo that is on it. Put some good gas and it will get there in a hurry.

The S2000 is a completely stock bottom end, stock head gasket, just has n/a camshafts and valvesprings. It is extremely fast for what it is.

The Cobra has 107,000 miles on the engine, so it is tired to say the least. But it is still a fun car and will be turned up in the future, along with headers and nitrous.

107k on the motor? Id say its just getting started!

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I wasn't bitching about the outcome...
I'm not a terminator nut swinger!
I would just like to see what a TT Cobra would do.
Is it okay to want to see something?:shrug:
I think it would be a more interesting race.

Users who are viewing this thread