epic disney trip

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
not a huge fan of people just throwing around the term 'epic', but here's what i consider a fairly epic vacation story. i have a conference in orlando, and we've been to disney the last couple years. each year gets a bit more involved, with more activities. gonna be hard to top this year.

day one at the magic kingdom.

disney3i.jpg

breakfast with the characters.

disney4.jpg

princess makeover

disney1i.jpg

random shot on the dumbo ride

disney2sz.jpg

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
here's another pic

decided at the last second to get a 'pirate makeover' with my 3 year old boy. kind of crazy--the wife and inlaws were making fun of me a bit. i walked around the magic kingdom for half the day dressed like this.

piratefi.jpg

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Building memories that will stay with them their entire life. Good on you as a parent :)

EDIT: Just saw the pirate picture. That is dedication! Awesome man!

cody_288

Established Member
Awesome, I'm in the shower right now getting ready to jump on the boat across Bay Lake to see the Christmas parade. We come at least once a year to camp. We're all older (21 plus) but its still fun.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
here's another pic

decided at the last second to get a 'pirate makeover' with my 3 year old boy. kind of crazy--the wife and inlaws were making fun of me a bit. i walked around the magic kingdom for half the day dressed like this.

piratefi.jpg

Hey, why not? I'm sure your son loved you being dressed up too, making his own experience all the more fun and memorable. :thumbsup:

What a great family vacation time. Kids, and most adults, continue to love Disney World. ;-)

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
after all the harassment at the park by my wife/inlaws, i got a great idea:::

how funny would it be to just show up to a random car dealership dressed in full pirate attire, makeup and all, and just buy a new car??

you could imagine the looks i got at the dealership when i showed up dressed like a jackass, and the looks i got when i wrote the check for this

dsc00559hd.jpg

dsc00576yk.jpg

dsc00565lv.jpg

like a boss. its a new '13 premium GTR. just got it shipped to me yesterday, and haven't driven it much yet, but i can tell you this car is pure nuts from 0-80mph. like being shot out of a cannon.

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member

how funny would it be to just show up to a random car dealership dressed in full pirate attire, makeup and all, and just buy a new car??

you could imagine the looks i got at the dealership when i showed up dressed like a jackass, and the looks i got when i wrote the check for this

dsc00576yk.jpg

like a boss. its a new '13 premium GTR. just got it shipped to me yesterday, and haven't driven it much yet, but i can tell you this car is pure nuts from 0-80mph. like being shot out of a cannon.

If you ask me what success in life looks like, this pretty much covers it

congrats on the purchase!

Last edited:

SaleenSR

Established Member

dsc00559hd.jpg

dsc00576yk.jpg

dsc00565lv.jpg

Nice GTR. My friend just bought the same exact car. That cars huals like no tomorrow. Mostly the fastest in your collection hands down. Have you tried the 4K race mode launch yet?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
thanks guys.

haven't tried launch mode yet, still trying to get used to the car. the gt500 is going, one way or the other. the car was/is a massive disappointment to me--its been documented in the gt500 section here, but briefly

clutch went out at 171 miles with normal driving conditions and my 3 kids in the car---took 3 weeks to repair

rear end whined really loud---replaced pinion/ring gear---took 3 weeks. just got the car back-------and it still whines!! car has 1600 miles on it--most of which were breaking in the new clutch

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations, Kirk. Your new GTR looks awesome. I love the color choice. I can well imagine how beastly it is from 0-80. :rockon: Sorry to hear you've been really unhappy with the GT-500.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Congratulations, Kirk. Your new GTR looks awesome. I love the color choice. I can well imagine how beastly it is from 0-80. :rockon: Sorry to hear you've been really unhappy with the GT-500.

haven't even used the launch control yet, and the car just flat-out hauls from a stand still. that, and the transmission in this car is absolutely incredible.

gt500 really spoiled it for me and ford, in the future. the dealer twiddled their thumbs and were not on top of the situation

Users who are viewing this thread