Estimated value?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
93 cobra of course. :banana:

The car is red, with sunroof. The body has just a hair over 100K on her and looks damn nice. Supposedly it has a clean title, and I've heard at least all three of the front VIN tags are in place. The car from my guess was raced priorly. The batter is relocated to the hatch, and the car now sports draglites. There's a couple holes on the a-pillar from guages being mounted. The origional engine/tranny are gone, and a stock 5.0/t5 were installed. Its no low mile show car, but would be a damn nice cruiser. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
carguy19 said:
the stock motor and trans being gone is a killer.

I agree but disagree. In a perfect world, I would have two teal 93 Cobras. One would be showroom stock, and a garage queen. The other would be highly modded. If I had money to shop for the second one right now, I wouldn't mind comming across a car such as this without the factory engine, as I would have my own setup going in. To a collecter, yeah, this car would be out of the question, missing the factory wheels, engine and tranny. Also, there could be people who just love a red 93 Cobra, and would love to have one, but don't have 12K for a clean non salvage title one. Something like this would be more in their range. I was thinking 8-9K myself. Hell, that teal one on ebay with a mashed in quarter panel went for like $7,800.

carguy19

Established Member
yeah but the teal one with teh F'ed up 1/4 was still a bone stock car.

You know what you are getting.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
$8-9k IMO. Although I feel like I got a killer deal, I just picked up a super clean original red/black for $10k with 86,000 miles.

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
What I don't get is these guys with Notchbacks or LXs that are modded are asking $12k+ and a more valuable 93 Cobra modded are getting the same price?
Yes, I know these cars bring more value stock but modded or not it's still a Cobra.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
93 sssSVT said:
What I don't get is these guys with Notchbacks or LXs that are modded are asking $12k+ and a more valuable 93 Cobra modded are getting the same price?
Yes, I know these cars bring more value stock but modded or not it's still a Cobra.

Because people want a cobra to be origional, and close to factory specs. When it was a R block, H/C/I some monster X trim vortech, a cage certified to 8.99, etc, etc, its just another modded fox body.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Ok, so what is my #199 '93 teal/black cloth 69,000 miles, no accidents, original interior, original wheels tires, ford shorties, 3.73 gears, flows, msd ignition box worth?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Ok, so what is my #199 '93 teal/black cloth 69,000 miles, no accidents, original interior, original wheels tires, ford shorties, 3.73 gears, flows, msd ignition box worth?

$14-15k ?

And you can't mean original tires. You'd be the first person ever to get 69,000 miles out of a tire on a mustang.

CGoeschel

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
$14-15k ?

And you can't mean original tires. You'd be the first person ever to get 69,000 miles out of a tire on a mustang.

LOL...not original tires! Original wheels I meant. Thanks! Car was originally sold here in Las Vegas...been here its whole life!

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
Kevins89notch said:
Because people want a cobra to be origional, and close to factory specs. When it was a R block, H/C/I some monster X trim vortech, a cage certified to 8.99, etc, etc, its just another modded fox body.

Blah, The title says it's Cobra... Twenty years down the road, modded or not, I'll take that 93 Cobra over any GT,LX or Notchback :coolman:

Granted, Some of those other Mustangs are Beautiful cars and are worth it but MOD for MOD a 93 Cobra should bring a Larger Premium then those car do.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I agree, I'll always choose a cobra over any other body/model. Not even in the same league IMO. I like clean LX's a lot, but hands down, cobra.

svtdriven

Established Member
That crashed teal one on ebay that sold for $7800 was a pretty good deal though. That car was clean other than the damage.

I wouldn't be suprised to see regular gt's and lx's in pristine condition going for just under what the cobras are selling for just because there are so few nice examples of them out there. When was the last time you saw a mint 85/86 gt? I rarely see any nice foxbodys on the road anymore.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
LOL...not original tires! Original wheels I meant. Thanks! Car was originally sold here in Las Vegas...been here its whole life!

Thats funny that our cars are the same color combo and close in mileage(mine has lower miles). The were also both sold in Vegas.

CGoeschel

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
Thats funny that our cars are the same color combo and close in mileage(mine has lower miles). The were also both sold in Vegas.

Im going to call Ford and find out how many were built with no options. Mine seems to have no options on it. I would think that would make it more rare as most were built with at least some options. Do you know what options were offered? On a side note I think I found the person that originally ordered the car from Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. He was the PDI tech at the dealership at the time. Now he works at a local speed shop and recognized the car. He said the one he ordered had no options. When I told him the history of the car he was almost certain that my car was the one he ordered back in '93.

Floored

Established Member
I just got my '93 for 7k with a tad over 100k on it, all stock, everything works, clean title/carfax. Deals are out there. :)

0076.jpg

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Floored said:
I just got my '93 for 7k with a tad over 100k on it, all stock, everything works, clean title/carfax. Deals are out there. :)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/floored1320/0076.jpg[/I MG][/QUOTE]

I would kill for a clean teal 93 Cobra for 7K. :(

Users who are viewing this thread