Estimated value?

OldSkoolMC

Ruler of SmackDown
Established Member
93 sssSVT said:
Yeah, I was Shell shocked when I seen some of the asking prices.
Like this one, car has 190k on it. Granted it looks clean but I mean really...

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=843268

"Rebuilt Stock Bottom End 4500 Miles On It"

"I'LL LOWER THE PRICE TO 10,000 BUT THAT IS AS LOW IS I CAN GO"

With all those mods doesn't seem like a bad price :shrug: It's not like there is a bunch of cheap parts on that car.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
OldSkoolMC said:
"Rebuilt Stock Bottom End 4500 Miles On It"

"I'LL LOWER THE PRICE TO 10,000 BUT THAT IS AS LOW IS I CAN GO"

With all those mods doesn't seem like a bad price :shrug: It's not like there is a bunch of cheap parts on that car.
That's a damn nice car. For reference, my last '93 cobra was turbocharged, had grey interior, not as nice as that one, had a 306 with stock heads and intake, and had 213,000 miles and I sold it for $12,500.

Anyway, that's pretty much a premium fox. If that were a red/black or teal/black cobra, it would sell for a lot more than 10k.

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
Well I guess I've been Enlightend. I'll Never pay that much for a LX with 190K with somebody elses mess into it, no matter how clean it is.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
93 sssSVT said:
Well I guess I've been Enlightend. I'll Never pay that much for a LX with 190K with somebody elses mess into it, no matter how clean it is.

Really? If the 'mess' is done right (and yes you can tell) the car should bring that much money. Granted you never get fully what you put into one, you shouldn't give the mods away free either.

10k is a good buy on the car linked above. I have a friend of mine that got around 25k out of his coupe last year

Last edited:

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
I truely didn't realize Modded Foxes with high Mileage could bring good money

I'm selling my other Red 93 Cobra with 80k on it, leather, sunroof (all the options). I'm looking for around $13k too. It has a Warrantied S-trim, SCT Tune, 18" wheels (originals also) etc,etc along with most of the stock components with it. Made 420rwhp and drives like stock.

To see a older LX with around the same Mods, more then double the Mileage and probably the same condition as mine asking the same price just Surprised me. I think it's great these cars are still holding their value. I will always take the Cobra though, IMO

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
93 sssSVT said:
I truely didn't realize Modded Foxes with high Mileage could bring good money

I'm selling my other Red 93 Cobra with 80k on it, leather, sunroof (all the options). I'm looking for around $13k too. It has a Warrantied S-trim, SCT Tune, 18" wheels (originals also) etc,etc along with most of the stock components with it. Made 420rwhp and drives like stock.

To see a older LX with around the same Mods, more then double the Mileage and probably the same condition as mine asking the same price just Surprised me. I think it's great these cars are still holding their value. I will always take the Cobra though, IMO

I figure its because stangs of the era are expected to have a ton of miles. Car market is funny, we have mentioned how high modified lx/gt's go but a good friend of mine is going to buy a 93 5.0 LX hatch with 85k original miles tomorrow for $3500. Car is very clean. Looks new. Excellent interior, good paint, bone stock. Why so cheap? I figure due to being an auto and it has red interior. Those are the 2 most important items that kill the price of a mustang. There is absolutly no doubt in my mind that if it were a 5-speed and had gray or black interior that it would bring $6-7k.

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
I figure its because stangs of the era are expected to have a ton of miles. Car market is funny, we have mentioned how high modified lx/gt's go but a good friend of mine is going to buy a 93 5.0 LX hatch with 85k original miles tomorrow for $3500. Car is very clean. Looks new. Excellent interior, good paint, bone stock. Why so cheap? I figure due to being an auto and it has red interior. Those are the 2 most important items that kill the price of a mustang. There is absolutly no doubt in my mind that if it were a 5-speed and had gray or black interior that it would bring $6-7k.

Agreed

~Ray~

Established Member
Prices are really down right now, wait till next spring you'll see em rising again ;)

svtdriven

Established Member
I paid 8k for mine 1 1/2 years ago. no accidents, non smoker, 108k miles. Needs paint, but had a lot of upgrades
full exhaust
5 lug swap
cam
computer
etc.
I've spent another 7k for nicer wheels, a supercharger(not installed yet) stereo, ignition, electric fan/controller, fiberglass hood, and various weather stripping and other worn out parts. the car still needs a paint job, and I'd like to redo the motor and trans, and other stuff. were talking another 12k

(I only listed a few of the items the car has, I bought, and want to buy to save space) So now I'd be into the car for 27k for a pristine modded cobra. What is the value of this car next summer? Probably half.

There is a way to get your money's worth though. It's simple, Enjoy it. I am going to get the most out of it while I can. I'll let someone else down the road try and put it back to stock, if they are willing and able to.

Users who are viewing this thread