Europe-ish

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Interesting. Usually the Baltic area is not atop the list of people visiting Europe. I mean I'm sure it's interesting but I'm curious about why she chose that trip. Has she been everywhere else in Europe?

I don’t know why she chose it but yes she’s been to most of Europe more than once. Now she’s going back to see new places.
Plus the cruise line she likes had the trip she basically wanted.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Where Ferrari’s are as common as Mustangs.
Kind of obscene how much money is in that region of the world. Makes the uber rich of Orange County and Miami look like posers when it comes to wealth.

Last edited:

FJohnny

Established Member
If you're going for a couple of weeks and probably won't be back split it into three main cities. London, Rome and Paris. Berlin is good if you go a bit longer. For the length of flight it may be worth adding a couple of days.

Take tours around each city, or at least go on those hop on hop off buses and see the main areas. Tours are great because they usually let you skip the lineups to things like the Louvre, Vatican, etc. Lines suck. Hit the tourist stuff in each city for a couple of days and hang out in cafes or wander around for the other days. Go to all the main events in each city. They are easy to identify online or with the tours.

For the rest of your life when you watch a movie you will say, "I've been exactly right there!" over and over again. You will re-live the trip and it'll be the best thing you have ever done.

Or, just stay home and go hunting and drag racing.

Either choice is a win.

Last edited:

FJohnny

Established Member
And, apparently, Canadians.

I woke up this morning to find everything covered with snow and a blizzard still going on. Probably my fault because I washed the cars yesterday.

So yeah, I might just take a little Paris right about now.

Dammit, I'm so mad at being stuck in this hell hole I'd almost take Wisconsin.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I woke up this morning to find everything covered with snow and a blizzard still going on. Probably my fault because I washed the cars yesterday.

5ee0e7a7.jpg

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member

I'm sure you'd feel right at home in Paris.

And Wisconsin is no Shangri-La. I'm only here temporarily.

blk02edge

Established Member

Just thought id rub it in. We've been shorts and T-shirt weather here for a month now. Half naked hoes everywhere

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
**** West Europe. Expensive, dirty, expensive and all the cool shit is covered in Chinese tourists, Africans and Arab immigrants trying to sell, scam and steal from you. Was just in Milan last year and *barf*.

If you want an awesome cultural and historical experience, Eastern Europe is the place to go.

Better value, better service and still culturally unique with just gobs of history. Only problem is most of your coworkers aren't going to get a raging boner when you say you went to St. Petersburg or Krakow like they do for Paris and London.

FJohnny

Established Member
Ha ha. I didn't realize he was frightened of Chinese, Arabs and the rest. And my bad, I didn't even consider that he wanted to inspire a raging boner in his coworkers.

Clearly the answer you are looking for is a river cruise that starts in Budapest and ends up in Amsterdam. That checks all the boxes.

blk02edge

Established Member
Only thing id ever go over for is to see Spa Francorchamps and do the edge of space flight with the ruskies.

I do get a kick out of how severely angry people get when you tell them you have ZERO interest in travelling europe.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
What in the Tim Hortons is going on in here?

But seriously. Yeah, I never had any real interest in going to Europe, which is why I’m asking for ideas. On the plus side my wife really wants to go to Europe and it will be around her birthday and close enough to our 10 year anniversary, that I get to kill two birds with one stone. Actually no stone, as I had previously told her that I would replace her half carat diamond with a carat diamond. This will take that place.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
**** West Europe. Expensive, dirty, expensive and all the cool shit is covered in Chinese tourists, Africans and Arab immigrants trying to sell, scam and steal from you. Was just in Milan last year and *barf*.

If you want an awesome cultural and historical experience, Eastern Europe is the place to go.

Better value, better service and still culturally unique with just gobs of history. Only problem is most of your coworkers aren't going to get a raging boner when you say you went to St. Petersburg or Krakow like they do for Paris and London.
Well said and St Petersburg is on the itinerary.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I almost find it hard to grasp how someone would not want to go to Europe. It basically holds world history, especially the last 500 years. The battle sites have been said, so I'll skip that. They have legit castles and palaces all over. Like the Palace of Versailles in France, and it's amazing fountains that are like 150+ years old. They are gravity fed, but there wasn't enough water to have them all fun at the same time. Luckily workers knew the path the King liked to walk, so they would turn them on and then off as he made his morning walk. You can go all the way back to the Roman time if visiting Italy or other areas. Germany has less than positive history, but history none the less. You can still see the Berlin wall. You can still see some buildings all shot up on the exterior. You can go check out the brandenburg gate. There's photos on Hitler there, and you can go there yourself, a mind **** if you ask me. Food...need I say more? Italian, French, German, Greek, ect. If you like nature, there's the Swiss Alps, amazing hiking paths in Spain, Norway has Trolltunga, etc. Their public transportation is amazing. Yeah we got a decent setup in Chicago and NYC, but they have that in like 50+ cities, and they all connect. Almost any capital or major city will have beautiful architecture, older than 99% of the US. I literally love every minute walking 15+ miles a day in their cities. I could easily go yearly.

Everyone is different, but I'll never get sick of Europe. I've spend about 3 months over there on vacations and am always waiting for the next trip. I would have bought one last week ($300ish to Spain out of several US cities), but Barcelona hasn't set the dates for their end of summer festival. I'm sort of pissed I have a $500 airline voucher (mostly enough to usually get me to Europe) but it's with SouthWest so the most adventure I can get is Costa Rica or Hawaii. I've ruled out Cuba, PR, and Mexico as they are so close to FL, it would be a waste of teh voucher to visit there.

Users who are viewing this thread