Even if you DONT like NASCAR - Watch the National Anthem!

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
He needed to tell me when the next season of DC is freaking coming out. There has been nothing on discovery for months.

Also a vid would be nice. That was probably the most AMERICAN you have ever felt. I'd be shitting patriotism for a week if they let me do that.

Lol, sigged.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I will try to get the vid done today, but need to catch up on emails and voicemails first.

It was truly an awesome experience, and you couldn't believe how much work goes into a performance like that. When the day of the race came, I felt honored, excited, and nervous all at the same time. We practiced for days to get the timing correct... and with 6 vehicles, it's difficult. I'm also used to racing in a straight line and I must say, cornering at 120-150 is a huge rush!

Much of our practice did not include the flag and driving under the flag is much different than out in the open.

We (Livernois) fitted both cars with smoke systems, similar to what you would see at an air show to add to the "cool factor". The cars basically had straight pipes from the manifolds back with a nice set of Corsa tips (no mufflers), so they were very loud. We were going off of voice command by handheld radios that were difficult to hear inside the cars.

We also had some hurdles to get through with NASCAR and them allowing the smoke kits. They had to be sure they weren't leaving anything on the track surface.

It's definitely not something I will forget.

Here are some other photos.

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

My parents and I

IMG_3431.jpg

Up close to Kid Rock

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

VIDEO

th_IMG_3392.jpg

-Rick

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
WOW!!!
That is so Bada$$. Wish we could of seen it like that on TV!
Thanks Rick.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I was there to see it in person... and as somebody that has been to over 20 NASCAR races, that was definitely the most amazing flyover I have seen.

To have a set of jets fly overhead and then have that followed by a pair of GT500s smoking the track rowing through the gears was definitely something to experience.

Users who are viewing this thread