Ever caught street racing?

03 black gt

Established Member
I see a lot of threads in this area and I have to wonder has anyone ever been popped for street racing? How'd it happen and what were the consequences?

I never seem to find anyone around here that wants to race, but if I did I would definitely be hesitant because of the large amount of cops that patrol. Just curious.

itachi

Vetteklr
Established Member
I got caught and its not pretty
They took me in and now im doing 80 hours community service
sucks balls :(

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Yeap beat a motor swapped civic when the gt was stock. Went to jail no get out free card. Got out 6 hrs later and paid my ticket it was around 150 IIRCand bondsman 250. Have i street raced since? Hell yea! Just not around there nor to i go and find the street races anymore. But if someone pulls along side and the coast is clear....Lets do it.

flashlight

Established Member
I have gotten caught twice. The first time. The only reason he even pulled over was because I didnt have a tag on the car yet. The second time I only got a ticket for for not using my turn signal when he pulled me over. Oh yea there was one more time. Still no ticket. Every time has been in my chevelle. For what ever reason they are a lot more easy on classic cars.

itachi

Vetteklr
Established Member
The funny part about going to jail is that every cop in there knows what your in for and all they do its talk about when they used to do it while the are taking your fingerprints.
And i asked them, why take me in if you guys enjoy it too???
They just said it was a lot easier back in tha days and laughed
Bastards!!!

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
i got caught not street racing, but doing a big ass burn out! no ticket though he just scared me to death. I din't even signed a paper.

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
I got caught after racing an older mustang in town. I beat the other stang pretty bad, but a little while later I see lights in my rearview. The cop pulled me over and said, "Well your getting the ticket so I guess he won huh." He told me he was going to take my car and what not, but let me off with only a careless operation. Needless to say I was happy to drive home with my car.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Nope, have to be smart about it. No 100+ mph runs in high traffic areas, and no racing at all in town. Deserted highway/interstate only for me. Even then, I don't take it to high speeds. The faster you go, the longer it takes to slow down to legal speeds. The less time spent up in the "danger zone" is less time to get caught.

EDIT - Don't go hang out at "meets." The cops will profile every car seen as these "meets" from then on as a street racer. Also, they usually organize races, then everyone follows each other out to where they race. GREAT plan to have nobody catch on to you.......

Last edited:

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
I got caught WAY back in 91...We both pulled over, and the cop just went apeshit. He was screaming and his face was red, I thought the guy was going to have a heart attack. We both got $500 fines, lost our driving liscense for 6 months, high risk insurance for 3 years. It cost me so much money, wasn;t worth it.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I have... But that was before they really stated cracking down on it. All of my tickets were from racing, but they were never tagged "racing". I guess they usually caught us at the end or something. I know i've been tagged doing 20-40mph above the speed limit multiple times.

After they started getting serious about it, I would be warned that they would take my car, I would go to jail, etc... After a couple of warnings I figured I should stop taking my chances. After all of this, I've been to street race gatherings, but usually don't race. The only time I would consider it anymore is if I see some random person that wants to go.

itachi

Vetteklr
Established Member
Ive been in middle lane ever since but tell you what , If a z06 vette wants to play ill be damned if i let that go. ;)

4valvemach

Established Member
How do you guys get caught dont you look for cops or at least stay away from high cop areas:shrug:

I have never been caught racing Ive always just took off when the lights come on.One time I was racing a 99-01 cobra in my 06 gt and we were neck and neck and I happend to look in the mirror to see the blues coming.So I slamed on the brakes and did a power slide onto a side street and came out farther down the road.The cop did get the cobra passed them on my way home.

I guess it helps I dont race in the city and I dont race any place that I dont have a safe way out should things hot.

04BlkMach88

Established Member
Damn crazy stories.
Been caught once & Ran once.
Caught
A friend and I were racing on a street semi patrolled by cops at around 11pm.
I was 16 at the time, still learning where they would hide. :??:
My 95 V6 Stang and his 95 Honda Prelude.
Well we both got busted he pretty much F'd me with citations as well as my friend, but we both got to go home that night.
Ran
Another friend and i were messing around on a street patrolled by local police and sheriffs.
He had recently got his 98 Eclipse GS against my V6.
We were doing just above 100mph when a sheriff going the opposite direction busted a B***h.
My friend kept going straight and I turned into a neighborhood that I'm familiar with.
This was around the time drifting first started to show its face.
Luckly I was pretty good at it even without limited slip.
I lost him through the turns, parked my car, began to jog away, and called my friend to pick me up.

S**ting bricks both times.
I have since calmed down, but street race occasionally in the Mach.

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
Yes I Have Been Caught...

For those that don't like to read: i got caught street racing and got away with it...

Ok, In mid-summer 08, me and a bunch of friends were hanging out at the local DD where are the car guys hang out, it was late around 1am and its summer nice and warm out. We get hungry and decide to goto the local 24/7 dinner. My friend who just bought a 04 Mach 1 was begging me to run my car, we would be going down a nice straight stretch of highway, but i knew it was being watched due to the fact its a very well known hot spot for street racing. So i told him another time we goto the dinner low-and-behold its closed... maintenance work :mj:, there was another dinner down the road, we get back on the highway and come to a light. He rev's at me, like instinct i rev to 3k rpms, figuring my radar hadn't gone off the whole way to the dinner, And we were heading back where we came from i thought it was safe. Light turns green, we launch, i put about 5 cars on him by 100, at witch point my radar goes right to full loud as hell, i knew i just got nailed, the cop was hiding down hill in a car dealership :cuss: i nailed my breaks my friend went flying pass, cop pulls out gets on loud speaker tells me to pull over. I comply, he goes up and pulls over my friend, Now knowing ill not be able to afford insurance with street racing, nor did i wanna lose my license i BACK down the highway, now need mind you my friends girlfriend is with me, i take the first exit and follow back roads that come out behind a shopping center, by this time 15 minutes has passed i call my friend he answers and i say "GIVE HIM A FAKE NAME!", yeah well cop made him answer his phone on speaker and all i ear is the cop: "What the **** did you just say?!" so i hang up... :bash: scared shitless another friend meets me and picks the girl up, i decide to get on the highway, call the police and ask if there looking for a black mustang, the lady just said "Hold on." and connects me right to the cop!. He tells me to come to the station :dw: i say No.. yes i told a cop No. He ask if i will meet him, he says meet at the dinner, i comply. we meet he pulls in behind me. I don't know why i was parked in the middle of the lot intentionally, i had planned on running if he tried to arrest me(you have no idea how bad life was going for me when this happened, my car was all i had, not that theres a good excuse to run from the cops ever) he walks up to my car with a stack of papers about 2" thick, hands em to me and says "This is all i know about you, you were ****ed if you didn't meet me here", he ask why i ran i told him exactly why, to shorten this up: Lost my Job, dropped out of college due to getting mad depressed from my girlfriend leaving me, this all happened in a month, my car was all i had loosing my license and car would make my life miserable... Thats when it happens, his radio come3s, on some lady just called 911, he husband just beat the shit out of her, and the house is less then a block from the dinner!, he looks at me and says "Call this the luckiest night of your life, I don't ever wanna see you speeding again, I'm letting you off with a warning(VERBAL WARNING!)" he gets in his car and leaves! :pepper: (this whole process took about 15mins)

so i call my friend to tell him what had happened. Turns out the cops let him go because i ran and since he pulled over they told him "since your buddy is a asshole, we're letting you go"

so yes, i got me and my friend out of a ticket for running from the cops, i would never do it again, i stopped street racing... In my town... since then

Its a night i will never forget. :coolman:

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I have run 2 twice, but here is a good one

I am one my way to a local street racing spot we had at the time. I get to a red light and a porsche pulls up to me and ask if my car was stock, I replied and said only one way to find out. Light turns green and we take off, well apparently 3 cops were on the way to break up the local spot and see us pass them around 80-90mph in the warehouse district. I pull over and cop blocks me in and the porsche ran. The cop screams at me and ask for l/r/i he see that I have an immaculate license and curses me out and threaten to take my car if he ever saw me again. NO tickets and let me go.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I ran once, it turned into a two hours marathon with two fillups but I got away eventually. I NEVER drove that car back to that city, ever.

I got popped out at Rankin Rd with 300 of my closest freinds, sat in an inspection line for four hours while the cops worked their way down it. I got a fixit ticket for $17.50. Long night. Some didn't fare so well that night. One moron in a stang called "Swamp Rat" revved his car off the limiter when a Trooper had his head under the car checking the open headers. He got his ass fender slammed and deservedly so. The cop drove the car all the way to Humble at redline, trying to blow it up. He couldn't. They had a hellicopter, 10 DPS cars and who knows how many County boys out there. They had us in two lines that stretched for a 1/4 mile + each for on the spot inspections. That was the only thing about Rankin, one way in and out, that and the smell.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I was racing a porsche carrera around over 130 it was stupid we were both hauling ass I got pulled over. Cop looked at me and told me." Tell me why I shouldn't take you to jail." I had nothing to say gave me a break but still gave me a ticket. It is not worth it.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I ran once, it turned into a two hours marathon with two fillups but I got away eventually. I NEVER drove that car back to that city, ever.

I got popped out at Rankin Rd with 300 of my closest freinds, sat in an inspection line for four hours while the cops worked their way down it. I got a fixit ticket for $17.50. Long night. Some didn't fare so well that night. One moron in a stang called "Swamp Rat" revved his car off the limiter when a Trooper had his head under the car checking the open headers. He got his ass fender slammed and deservedly so. The cop drove the car all the way to Humble at redline, trying to blow it up. He couldn't. They had a hellicopter, 10 DPS cars and who knows how many County boys out there. They had us in two lines that stretched for a 1/4 mile + each for on the spot inspections. That was the only thing about Rankin, one way in and out, that and the smell.

I know he was being a dick, but driving a car at redline just to try to blow it up...wtf

****ing pig.

mr2cam

Established Member

Where in WA do you live? We have a Rankin road here I think.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread