Ever have douchebag landlords...tell your story

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
When we first moved to Wisconsin we rented a house for a year lease until we figured out if we wanted to buy or build. Our landlord (lady) was kind of a bitch. We knew her as well through a colleague of mine and our kids went to preschool together. She would randomly stop by and check on things when we weren't home. She got on our case because we weren't recycling (wtf?). And then charged me $150 for a new bush, because we had a really heavy snow one time and it damaged the bush. We bought a house after 8 months and used the rental for storage. Bitch had the nerve to ask me to move my shit out early even though we had already paid for the year

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Lol I wish he'd let me do the work. But he doesn't want to let his tenants do it for some reason. Don't know what the reasoning is behind that is.

Oh and he was parked on the street in front of the front yard, he didn't need to be near my truck AT ALL. What because he's the landlord he's entitled to treat his tenants property like crap??? I don't think so.

I've had other landlords in the past, and they were nothing but great with us. Like I said before, i'd understand if we were scumbag tenants who were late with the rent and had beer cans all over the yard and a chevy 350 hanging from a tree, but we are not. We deserve a little respect.

I think some of you who are actually landlords yourselves have the wrong idea here, we are good people and we don't deserve to be disrespected just because we rent these peoples house. You don't just accidently lean some branches on someone else's truck.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Fair enough, guess I'll have to take your word for it.

And yes, after having quite a few different people as tenants, I generally automatically assume all renters suck.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
so knowing that he was out there cutting branches, instead of going out and moving your truck like an adult, you hid in your house until he touched your truck with one and THEN ran out and bitched him out. Got it. Don't think the landlord was being a douchebag at all

Well we've been renting this house for 8 months or so, and i'm glad our lease is almost done.

This morning the landlord was cutting some branches off the trees in our yard and I thought I'd keep an eye out to make sure he didn't "accidentally" graze my f150 with them.

Well sure enough I look outside and he has some huge branches touching my f150 in the driveway(on the passenger side rear door) Right when I saw this I ran out of the house and told him why he was setting branches against my truck. He moved them and said sorry and I told him I had worked hard for my vehicles, I don't appreciate him doing that.( I could tell by his face that he didn't think I would tell him anything, he looked a little surprised)

His wife and him have been a little weird from day one. My wife and I have always gotten a "we don't respect you because you are just a young couple" type of vibe from them. My wife has ran into the lady at the store and she doesn't say hi, acts like she doesn't see her.

Its hard to describe how they are, but they just come off as rude and disrespectful. I would understand that type of attitude if we were ever late on rent or had the place trashed but we've been nothing but good tenants.

We've had other landlords before and never had a problem. I guess you just run into difficult people sometimes. My wife and I are pretty friendly and easygoing. I think some people think you are a pushover when your nice. Maybe that's why they thing they can treat you like crap. They have another thing coming if they think that is the case.

Oh and my truck didn't have any visible scratches luckily.

Anyone else have similar stories.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Not completely serious, but OP sounds pretty whiny so I threw that out there. And inconsiderate? The landlord is doing work the OP is too lazy to do. Even when I used to rent I always got out and cleaned up the yard long before the landlord had to.

My truck is pretty damn clean for the year as long as you don't look in the bed. But it's been scratched up plenty of times and every time it is, I buff it out. Not an issue. Branches don't do much.

That sounds a bit more reasonable.

Some landlords write into the lease that they will handle maintenance to ensure it is done. I am responsible for the front and rear yard as is my neighbor for theirs. Mine is maintained, theirs is a disaster in the back. So I can appreciate those who take it upon themselves to make sure they don't find a trashed yard at the end of the lease.

I stay on top of maintenance for my truck despite it getting worked hard during business. When not working I still park away from morons who will create damage just because they don't care. I do enjoy the people who whip open doors and bounce them off my side steps and leave nice dents.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I think some of you who are actually landlords yourselves have the wrong idea here, we are good people and we don't deserve to be disrespected just because we rent these peoples house. You don't just accidently lean some branches on someone else's truck.
in the world of landlord tennant relations, you tend to reap exactly what you sew. both as a landlord and as a tennant. I have been on both sides of the equation.

and based on what you are posting in this thread I bet there is a fair amount of exaggeration going on as well

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
in the world of landlord tennant relations, you tend to reap exactly what you sew. both as a landlord and as a tennant. I have been on both sides of the equation.

and based on what you are posting in this thread I bet there is a fair amount of exaggeration going on as well

I really wish I was exaggerating. If it would have been beneficial to move my truck I would have done it, but it wasn't in the path or in the way of where he was going to stack the tree branches to put on his dodge. People make dumb choices I understand that, nobody is perfect, but damn I don't think anyone is that dumb to just lay branches on someone else's vehicle. I wasn't just going to sit there without saying anything just because he's the LL. I only wonder what would have happened if I wouldn't have looked outside. Big ass scratch on my truck possibly. And no one to man up and take the blame for it i'm guessing.

We did chat for a bit after words to cool things down, talked about trucks and how bad gas mileage is in them blah blah blah, it felt pretty superficial but we didn't get into a argument or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread