Every one PLEASE read!

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
First off I think everyone agrees that the GT 500 is one hell of a car! But at this point in time it's still just a proto type at the car show! We need Ford to build this car! Over the years I've seen many nice concept cars introduced at car shows and then, never to be seen again! Let's not let this happen to this car! I'm begging you guys to call Ford SVT and ask for a build date. Tell them how much you like the car. I think my post here have given me some credibility :shrug: Please Voice your opinion. Like a lot of you I want to see this car made! Here's SVT # 1-800-367-3788 Could the Moderator (03DOHC) Please put a sticky= (Keep it at the top of the page) on this post

Thanks TIM

Added by Sid

And tell the nice people at SVT that you saw it on SVTPerformance.com. You may be seeing a joint SVT-SVTP venture in the near future.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I cant see them changing much, everything in the car is totally production feesable, and there was never any doubt about it coming out.

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
They'll definitely build the car, although they may change a thing or two (aluminum block please, and a 0.50:1 6th gear ratio wouldn't hurt either).

Now we just have to wait for official pricing. Keeping the solid rear will keep costs down, as well as the iron block (although I'd prefer aluminum).

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
It's not a prototype, it's the real deal. If you know somethign else, or it's over powered, etc you might be thinking of one of the "other SVT Stangs" that is mentioned in the 18 page media pack

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
OK! you guys win, I give up! I don't know anything. Sorry that I wasted both yours and my time. I gave it my best shot, the ball in your court.

Good Luck see you later Guys!

Tim

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
OK! you guys win, I give up! I don't know anything. Sorry that I wasted both yours and my time. I gave it my best shot, the ball in your court.

Good Luck see you later Guys!

Tim
I totally see what you are saying and I'm going to call SVT tomorrow and tell them my opinion. Even though is will probably be the car they build, it doesn't hurt to tell them. :beer:

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
Sorry to jack the post but F**K calling SVT on the Cobra, I want the damn truck!!! Am I the only one that thinks that is one hot mother??? I can do without the Lightning if this thing will replace it and be supercharged/awd!!!

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Emil said:
Boy, do you guys think he's being a bit optimistic on his 1/4 mile times of 11.8 stock?
Yes, I believe that's a little optomistic. Even assuming it's an under-rated 450, that's still alot to ask. For example, assume it's more like 500 bhp, which is ~425 rwhp. Since it has the 5.4L iron block + supercharger + 6-speed, we know it's going to weigh in more than the stock '05 GT. If I just take a wild-a$$ guess at say, 3900 lbs for full race weight (which is what my '03 is) that's a power-to-weight ratio of 0.109, which translates to ~12.2 sec at ~112 mph. If it's 3800 lbs, you're down to 12.1 @ ~113 mph.

Last edited:

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Yes, I believe that's a little optomistic. Even assuming it's an under-rated 450, that's still alot to ask. For example, assume it's more like 500 bhp, which is ~425 rwhp. Since it has the 5.4L iron block + supercharger + 6-speed, we know it's going to weigh in more than the stock '05 GT. If I just take a wild-a$$ guess at say, 3900 lbs for full race weight (which is what my '03 is) that's a power-to-weight ratio of 0.109, which translates to ~12.2 sec at ~112 mph. If it's 3800 lbs, you're down to 12.1 @ ~113 mph.

I can agree with this quote!

Dr. Jamie Meyer

Why would you lift?
Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Interesting. Dr. Jamie Meyer says he's already ordered one!
http://www.momsracing.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=295

I have an agreement with a local dealer (which doesn't mean sh!t).

I suggest that we all contact SVT as Tim has asked. I have heard similar rumblings that this is a "concept car". So, let's make sure that this one makes it to the streets.

What a great time to be into Mustangs ...

Emil

Established Member
I'm thinking mid-low 12's myself just because of the street tires. Put some slicks on that baby and you'll be looking at 11's.
What an awesome car !!!

Too bad I love my mystic so much, got to get the pulley now for sure :) .

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I would be surprised if a handful of things don't change before the official release. I guess only time will tell.

03DOHC

Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Since we're assuming/speculating...If this new powertrain is similar in efficiency as the 03/04 Cobra motors are, at approx 1.5hp/c.i. then this 5.4 should make at least 500bhp. :read:

Users who are viewing this thread