every raced a modded maxima?

JoePac

Established Member
Just in case you're curious "WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!

Just a question for you. Are you good at reading fading license plates? Well see the reason I ask is because about 98% of the members on here will hand you your ass and that's all you'll be seeing when you get toasted!

Oh I need to answer your original question.

Well I've out accelerated one at a stop light. I wasn't racing but I think that slow thing was. I wouldn't consider that a race. Or should I?

:pop::lol1:

The_Wretched

Established Member
have I raced one??? yes... my buddy had a 98 or 99 turbo one... it wasn't a race, I'll leave it at that. He claimed 400hp auto... my Mach raped him like Mike Tyson.

+1 on the pics on the engine swap... IF it happened you must've been bored.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
I used to have one decked out with Vortech V2 trim + MEVI pushing around 313 whp or so. It was pretty fast! not as torquey as my cobra or srt4, but it had some high end power. Im very interested in the RB swap. do tell.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
This thread FTL. When my SLOW ASS catfish was stock I raced a friend's 04 Maxima . It had exhaust, intake and was supposedly chipped...he lost pretty bad.

jleews6

Established Member
I know nothing about them and dont care but some of you guys are blind if its not a Mustang. One day I was at Rockingham with my 03 Cobra and there was a Maxima there that had nitrous and some bolt ons and he was running high 11s with some good MPH. I think I might have info on the car and if i remember right it was not really that modified.

xlcrew

Established Member
Just in case you're curious "WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!

Just a question for you. Are you good at reading fading license plates? Well see the reason I ask is because about 98% of the members on here will hand you your ass and that's all you'll be seeing when you get toasted!

Oh I need to answer your original question.

Well I've out accelerated one at a stop light. I wasn't racing but I think that slow thing was. I wouldn't consider that a race. Or should I?

ok well the vids were for the original poster not really for you. i'm sorry i don't have a ****ing mustang to go around in. i use what i got and for what's done it think it's ok. i've never said it was extremely fast, all i said what the it was decently fast. it has beaten GTO's, mustangs, srt-4's, bunch of swapped civic shit, and went door to door with a c5 zo6.
once again i'm sorry for posting my car on here to show the original poster what a max with decent mods can do. and if you don't like it(which is obvious you don't) i don't give a shit.
and yes i have been beaten by a whole list of cars, but that's also because i won't shy away. hell half the time i race it's just to see other people get on it in their cars so i can see it.
lets just leave it at i can satisfaction with my car and what it does and you can get satisfaction out of yours.

also just to let you know i'm in the process of building a fox body with a mod motor and a t-76 that will run pretty good. it'll become the weekend toy when it's done.

nice car too.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
For your(^^^^^) information my wife drives an 03 and it's sitting out in the driveway. I think it does run pretty good. We test drove a 6 speed back when we looking for one and I barked third gear(hard) with the salesman in the backseat!

Wintermute

Banned
Uh no. The only thing in the Nissan/Infiniti line that has surprised me was a blown G35. Stuck right with me. No done up Z's around here apparently. I still dont understand why people dont mod the hell out of FX45's, such a nice platform.

HAVOKLIGHTNING

Established Member
I think the guy from the Fast and Furious had a fast Blue Maxima but it kept unloading in 3rd and was getting beat by stock DSM's. :eek:

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
I like the Maxima's. If I was in the market for that kind of vehicle (4 door, front drive) it'd would definately be on my shortlist.

Now I know it's no Ford 500, or Pontiac grand pricks but it's still nice for what it is.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's fuuny you started this topic because when my friend and I were 17 his grandpa let us take out his completely original 1 owner 71 Plymouth GTX 440 6pack for a little spin.

We headed down town and were cruising around when we pulled up to a red light next to a riced out Maxima. There were two guys in it that looked over and gave us a nod. We nodded back and when the light turned green they took off as we just eased off the line. As we were about at the rear of there car my friend punched it spinning the rear tires, hammers it into second still spinning and blowing past this Maxima, the look on their faces was priceless!

We were only 17 at the time, this car was the craziest ride we had ever been.

It's probably not the story you looking for but seeing this thread made me remmeber that race, good times!

Last edited:

black Robra

THIS IS STANG #6
Established Member
i had the 3.5 model as a rental once! they r gay!!! OH yeah I have a cobra with a spoon civic engine in it that shit is hot yo! :bs:u should see me I can spin the the front wheels for days!! then I hit like 15000 rpm then the power ban hits! ud better be holdin on when that happens!:bs::bs::bs::coolman:

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
I raced a one (stock?) when I was making 428rwhp, and I beat him pretty badly. I do believe those cars can give a stock 99-04 GT a good run though.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
WTF! did i just watch those videos? my friend did just buy an 05 and wants to spray it... should be pretty fun tryin to hide the bottle in the truck so his wifey doesnt see it :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread