EVERYONE, NEED HELP PLEASE!! Post Stock/Modded dynos PLEASE!!!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Cobra guy
I drove over an hour to get there. No cool down time. Put down 342 with a K & N FIPK. After that, we threw on bassani x without the cats and bassani catback. Put it on the dyno and the guy didn't use the fans( I don't know if that would have made a difference.) I dynoed 376. A/f was 12.7 at 6400rpm.

This was on a mustang dyno. Does this sound abnormal to anyone?

BTW- the owner put down 333 stock in his 03 cobra. He said it was normal. Now he makes 520rwhp with 2.8 pulley, idlers, throttle body & plenum, diablo chip, KB CAI, kooks long tubes and bassani catback.

Is this something I should worry about? :??:

Those numbers are close. Mustang dynos are give you lower numbers than dynojets. You should get your arse to NE Dyno tomorrow. 2 pulls for 40 bucks. With a K&N X pipe and Catback I put down 398/390.

02cobraguy

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Those numbers are close. Mustang dynos are give you lower numbers than dynojets. You should get your arse to NE Dyno tomorrow. 2 pulls for 40 bucks. With a K&N X pipe and Catback I put down 398/390.

Where is that place?

Poison_S

Established Member
Stock: 358 rwhp/349rwtq
Mods*:396rwhp/372rwtq

*mods include: UPR CAI, Bassani Catted X and Cat back.

Big Rig Bill

Established Member
Dyno's and mods to date are all in the sig.

Struggling to finally pull the trigger and go to a 2.8 or 2.93 pulley and chip. I'm too chicken!!!

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Bill,

If you are worried about the warranty.. hold what you got.....

If you aren't concerned with warranty... pull the trigger....
I would guess you can gather up another 50hp or so with a pulley chip combo.

2.93 seems to be the optimal pulley for the Eaton. Many owners/tech folks think that the 2.80 is spinning the Eaton just a tad too quickly. Not that it won't make more boost, but that in any type of prolonged acceleration, the heat increase to the air charge rapidly decreases the added gain from 2.80 vice 2.93.

DPS

Established Member
I went to Kenny Brown today and did my first dyno bone stock. I pulled 343.2 max torque and 359.7 Max HP sae corrected. This was after a 1 1/2 hour interstate drive with about a 15 minute cool down. Next they installed a K&N CAI and pulled 345.8 torque and 368.3 HP. The air inlet temperatue with the hood closed was 77.4 degrees. I wasn't really all that impressed with the increase. Anyway, they then installed the Magna Flow catted X and cat back system. The max torque came up to 366.3 and max HP came up to 397.4 with an air inlet temperature of 88.8 degrees (higher temp due to being in the middle of the afternoon verses the first pull in the morning).

All in all I'm pretty happy with the end results. The exhuast is nice and throaty without much drone in the car. Actually, at WOT the exhaust note kind of drowns out the sound of the blower (I miss that) but its better than no exhaust sound at all like the stock system. For my personal taste, I wouldn't want it any louder.

:beer:

Jay@Lamotta

Established Member
mods 2.80 w/metco 100mm idler 74.4 belt, superchip custom, accufab inlet/TB, Magnaflow cat X, Bassani cat back, PHP air box. The boost flashes 13 and holds 10.5 lbs 440.9whp 477tq dynojet 12.0 to 11.8 af

Teeshot

Established Member
dyno

my first run was 346.7 hp stock
343.1rwtq
0038.jpg
:burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread