Everythings finished!...yea right

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
So as some of you know I recently did an IRS swap on my car, and until now ive had nothing but problems, but I finally got it all sorted, and here are the last pictures I have taken of the car

DSC032661.jpg

DSC032681.jpg

DSC032701.jpg

DSC032711.jpg

DSC032721.jpg

DSC032801.jpg

DSC032751.jpg

Comments and suggestions are welcome, I can take criticism too so if you see something dont hold back. Thoughts on where I should go from here?

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
AMD[H]unter said:
Why do 03/04 owners usually swap for a solid axle, and owners of solid axle cars swap for the IRS?

good question

SVECobraR

Established Member
sweet man, any upgrades to the irs. And what size bfg dr's are those, they look pretty wide for a typical irs cobra.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Well most people with 99 and up Cobras, especially 03/04s fall in love with the straight line prowess of their cars, and such they begin to build them faster and faster until they are so nasty they are snapping expensive half shafts one after another. The solid axle is better for drag racing for sure, however there are guys out there on IRS who ARENT braking shit and ARE cutting insane times, but really its just a matter of what you want on your car. Me? I wont lie one bit, I wanted it for the shear wow factor of it, nobody around here is gonna pull up next to my car, whether it be at the pump, a stop light, or a car show, and say "Yea I got that on my car too." Oh and it rides, handles and looks way better without modification...sorta.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
IMO I have liked the IRS in my Cobras over my heavily modded SRA in my 98 Cobra. To each his own though. Although I will admit I think about the IRS breaking more then I do my SRA.

Last edited:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Georgie
wouldnt it be safer to be IRS on bad/bumpy roads??

Safer? nah
More comfortable? hell yes

XR4Turbo
Your car has a nice ass.

Thanks, my girlfriend said that last night when we got done eating, reminded me why I like her so much

AMD[H]unter
Oh, and I didn't add, that car looks awesome, bro! Love the color and the ass!

Thanks man I apprectiate that

Venomous01
That stance looks amazing! I love the way the exhaust piping on IRS stangs looks.

A big part of why I went IRS.

SVECobraR
sweet man, any upgrades to the irs. And what size bfg dr's are those, they look pretty wide for a typical irs cobra.

None as of yet, and IRS brace and full length SFCs will be here around Christmas time. They are 295/35/18s, and they come close to the IRS bolt, but it doesnt hit, nor does it need the MM buttonhead bolt but Ill get it anyways.

V-Sicks
What sorta problems have you been having with the IRS?

At first the brakes were locking up (fixed themselves)
The exhaust wouldnt fit for shit (bought new H pipe and catback)
Terrible squeaking and groaning (still there)

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Venomous01 said:
IMO I have liked the IRS in my Cobras over my heavily modded SRA in my 98 Cobra. To each his own though. Although I will admit I think about the IRS breaking more then I do my SRA.

I feel ya.

maniak87 said:
looks amazing! what springs are you running? rear ride height looks absolutly perfect!

Thanks man. Honestly they are cut stockers in the rear that were actually cut too much, and have some kinda shitty metal spacer in em haha.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Shit that thing looks GOOD. That thread in the SN95 section from yesterday with the BAB Cobra made me want one, and now this. I might have to abandon my '94. I'm glad to see that the wheels don't stick out given that the IRS is 3/4 wider per side than the SRA in 94-98s. I was kinda worried about that for whenever I get around to putting in an IRS. I wish someone with IRS in a SN95 would run dumps though so I can see how it looks from the rear with the IRS poking out. Anyways, good work man. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread