evo ix vs. s197

bmfgsxr

Established Member
im bone stock (until i hit 60k and no longer have a warranty, only 20k more to go ;) which should take me about 7-8 months tops with the amount of driving i do). im not sure what the s197 puts down to the wheels, and i havent been on the dyno with the ix, but from what i have read the ix typically puts down about 255ish stock. i dont remember the exact details of my high speed roll race against the s197, but i do recall that he had the hit, and caught me in too tall of a gear, but he pulled me so thats a loss regardless. this particular race (the one i started the topic for) was the first time i had a chance to race someone from a dig (even though we started in the same lane) so it was a blast for me to see how well i could jump on someone out of the hole.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
thanks all. by the time we let off i probably had about a car length on him but the gap was still growing, although as the speeds would have increased im sure he would have stopped my pull and maybe even made up some ground.. im currently 1 and 1 against the s197. i lost a high speed roll against one.

socalharley, as some have mentioned i joined this site when i had my Lightning (which i still miss, but an reasonable quick, awd, 24mpg, 4door car was just more practical for my needs). also somewhat recently sold my 89' fox too.. im a performance car enthusiast, so i dont care who makes what, as long as its fast.

happy new year to everyone.:beer:

You are a true car enthusiast and a good guy... no more explanations needed but I appreciate you taking the time. I mistook your intentions of posting here and thought you were just trying to stir things up or something... I was wrong. Have a great new year and keep posting your encouters... they are good info and good reading...

bmfgsxr

Established Member
You are a true car enthusiast and a good guy... no more explanations needed but I appreciate you taking the time. I mistook your intentions of posting here and thought you were just trying to stir things up or something... I was wrong. Have a great new year and keep posting your encouters... they are good info and good reading...
no worries man, its all good. :beer:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Socal...All you had to do is look at how many post's he had and you would have know he's been here for a while. Lol hell I dont own a Mustang and I post here :)

riced06...what the hell you doing posting here?? :D

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Socal...All you had to do is look at how many post's he had and you would have know he's been here for a while. Lol hell I dont own a Mustang and I post here :)

riced06...what the hell you doing posting here?? :D

Well I suppose he could have been a PITA for 2700 posts and no one other than myself had the balls to question him but that was apparently not the case.... I missed that too along with him owning a Lightning in the past.... go figure...

As he said.... "it's all good"

bmfgsxr

Established Member
so what are your plans for mods bmfgsxr
just some basic mods really. tbe, ebc, tune.. just enough for some 12.0's really. but thats how it always starts. honestly im not looking to build a monster because i need to get back to racing. ive been a motorcycle road racer for a lot of years, but had to take the past 2 years off to save up for a house, wedding, etc.. but once i get past that i am going to make my return to the track and that costs a lot of $ so i wont have a lot left to mod the ix.

Felix

Established Member
i have an ironic story. I had an evo8 which was raped by a friends terminator. I bought a terminator and got raped by a friends evo. lol. Cant win.

I know of a guy that had the same thing happen to him, but he had an STi instead of an Evo.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Nice kill bmfgsxr!

When the hell you gonna mod that thing? You have kept it stock for too long!

bmfgsxr

Established Member
Nice kill bmfgsxr!

When the hell you gonna mod that thing? You have kept it stock for too long!
i know, im holding out til the warranty is up, but i do so much driving that shouldnt be too much longer.
:rockon:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
i know, im holding out til the warranty is up, but i do so much driving that shouldnt be too much longer.
:rockon:

36000 miles right? Have fun tearing through that quickly! :beer:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
I believe it's 6/60,000 warranty. I'm not too sure though :shrug:

yeah, 6/60.. ill turn over 40 this before the end of this weekend. i bought it with 18k back in may of 07. so at 22k in 8 months i figure ill be on par for 35k a year. with that said sometime late summer ill probably hit my 60k mark. hmm, i think id like to mod this sucker by early summer so ill have to see.

benbadracing.. fat girls need lovin too man. ;)

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Man I am proud of you for keeping it stock for so long. Mine had 1,000 miles and 350whp and 332wtq. At 2,000 miles it had 358whp and 352wtq lol.

Good kill too.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
yeah, i figured keeping the warranty couldnt hurt. and i drive so many miles that it wouldnt take long to reach that mark anyhow. plus, i get bored of vehicles very fast, so about the time that i might be getting bored ill mod this sucker to get my interest back into it.

Users who are viewing this thread