EVO vs. 2 Cobras

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
toomanymustangs said:
That Evo was Fast but i dont want a car with that kind of turbo lag(if anyone say the topgear episode-you'l know)

Too much lag? Any turbo car is gonna be a freaking turd at 20 mph in the final gear. Downshift for Christ sake. No one races from 20 mph in their final gear anyways. That was the dumbest comparison I've ever seen.

The stock EVO turbo isn't laggy at all. Now a GT35R might have more lag, but it's still probably hitting full boost around 4500 rpm. With his car stroked to a bigger displacement he probably spooling it a little faster than someone with the regular 2.0 4G63.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
SLVRF16 said:
Hehehe.. You following me on the SRT-4 forums? :)

Well, I have been made a fanboi.. and for good reason! :-D

That ONE evo puts hopes in the EVO community! And, well, I haven't seen another 4-cyl Turbo car do that either lately..

-M

no doubt that Evo is badass, so you can stop saying that...I think everyone on this board is pointing out that he has probably $20k in mods on that thing and only got 600awhp...yes an accomplishment in and of itself for a little 4 banger...maybe let SVTDUBS (830rwhp-850tq) or myself when the car gets done take on the Evo...oh and as for the NOS, I'll unhook the bottle :thumbsup: but wait a minute...you're in Cali, im in NC...so maybe get another EVO to drop that kind of money on the East Coast and we'll give it a shot ;-)

SLVRF16

Established Member
COBRA MAN OF UT said:
As the other guy said the evo jumps ahead at the very end easily when somone could have got off it.

I've watched that video over and over last night. And you're correct, that first guy does get out of it, but after he gets pulled on some (about half a car). There is no doubt in my mind that it would've been pulled more as the speeds went up.

Any car with enough whp is going to beat this EVO. I'm not arguing that. It's how much whp do you need over what the EVO has to beat it! :shrug:

-M

lanevo

Established Member
cobra man of ut...if u smoke a ferrari.i'm pretty sure u would bragg about it too.

broeli

Established Member
you're in Cali, im in NC...so maybe get another EVO to drop that kind of money on the East Coast and we'll give it a shot
Actually I think the Evo that is in the vids is in Florida...not all that far from N.C. :)
There are actually quite a few 10 sec. Evos in the midwest/east. The Turbotrix Evo runs high 9's, AMS shop Evo which is in Chicago runs 10.0's along with several other known Evo's from Chicago area. In Cincinnati there are several 10 second Evo's. Around NY there are several well known low low 10 sec Evos.
So they are a little more common than one would think. If you really want to find a race with a well built Evo on the East coast or West Coast it is not all that hard.

SLVRF16

Established Member
broeli said:
Actually I think the Evo that is in the vids is in Florida...not all that far from N.C. :)
There are actually quite a few 10 sec. Evos in the midwest/east. The Turbotrix Evo runs high 9's, AMS shop Evo which is in Chicago runs 10.0's along with several other known Evo's from Chicago area. In Cincinnati there are several 10 second Evo's. Around NY there are several well known low low 10 sec Evos.
So they are a little more common than one would think. If you really want to find a race with a well built Evo on the East coast or West Coast it is not all that hard.

I agree.

-M

2001stripper

Established Member
SLVRF16 said:
If he has to add any more power to his car, then that proves that he got whipped. Let him try without the NOS. The EVO isn't using any.. :rockon:

This proves to us a very important fact. WHP for WHP, the EVO will beat the Cobra.

-M

The only thing that it proves is that with a lot of greenbacks, anything can be made to go fast.
That being said, I would still like to see a Turbo Cobra on 30lbs. of boost step up and knock off this Evo. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
lanevo said:
cobra man of ut...if u smoke a ferrari.i'm pretty sure u would bragg about it too.

The whole point is, the EVO with 14K+ worth of mods beating a Cobra with less than $5500 worth of mods isn't the same as a stock EVO beating a stock Cobra, let alone a stock Cobra taking down a Ferarri (and all Ferarris' ain't fast).

It's just proof positive that if you throw enough money, anything is fast.

Both cars cost about the same stock.

Ask yourself this...

How much does it cost to put a stock Cobra into the 10's.
How much does it cost to put a stock EVO into the 10's.

If you dropped 14k into a Cobra, it sure as shit would be a low 9 second, if not in the 8's car.

For every one EVO in the 10's, there are 25 Cobra's in the 10's.

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Evil Merlin said:
The whole point is, the EVO with 14K+ worth of mods beating a Cobra with less than $5500 worth of mods isn't the same as a stock EVO beating a stock Cobra.

It's just proof positive that if you throw enough money, anything is fast.

Both cars cost about the same stock.

Ask yourself this...

How much does it cost to put a stock Cobra into the 10's.
How much does it cost to put a stock EVO into the 10's.

If you dropped 14k into a Cobra, it sure as shit would be a low 9 second, if not in the 8's car.

Doesn't cost much for either car actually. It just so happens that the owner of the Evo in question decided to go the expensive route, probably for reliability. But Evos can dip into the 10s for not too much money.

At any rate, people on these threads need to take a break and chill out. The Evo beat the Cobra this time around, but the world isn't going to end. And damned if I didn't know that the video and subsequent threads were going to spawn these idiotic "yeah well my dad can beat up your dad" arguments.

broeli

Established Member
But Evos can dip into the 10s for not too much money.
Very true. And with a good driver and good track Curt Browns Evo ran 10.9 on the STOCK turbo :eek: It has ported head, cams, and AEM EMS. Stock turbo, manifold, etc. I believe he was running 25lbs of boost. He is pushing the absolute limit of the stock turbo though

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
That's cool...I am trying to plan a trip down to Tampa some time this year b/c there seems to be so much shit going on down there...who knows, maybe I'll run in to one...btw I wasnt trying to take anything away from the car, it's definitely badass, wish it were around here to run a certain person who thinks imports suck and are always slow...

silversti

Established Member
COBRA MAN OF UT said:
One evo out of thousands can beat a few cobra"s and now its a god.

**** give me a break Im sure if that evo wants to put up some money it will motivate a cobra or 2 make it worth the effort.... another thing ur on here saying better bring a 700rwhp cobra, what a joke. If this evo really wanted to **** around then im sure some where down the line mustang wolverine would be happy to oblige oh wait better bring a 1000rwhp evo then Oh my bad not goin to happen.

As the other guy said the evo jumps ahead at the very end easily when somone could have got off it. No worries though in sure that a few florida cobras will be searching for this guy problem is when he gets walked chances are the video wont be shown or bragged about...

Oh you're just full of excuses, just step up like your buddies and admit that evo would spank the majority of you guys. There's always one guy who can't swallow his pride and accept that there are faster things out there. He pulled that KB cobra like it was sitting still and I seriously doubt your ride would stand a better chance.

TK Doom

Established Member
One thing about cars I don't think I'll ever understand, is comparing modded cars and complaining about the results.

Or whining...whichever...

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
silversti said:
Oh you're just full of excuses, just step up like your buddies and admit that evo would spank the majority of you guys. There's always one guy who can't swallow his pride and accept that there are faster things out there. He pulled that KB cobra like it was sitting still and I seriously doubt your ride would stand a better chance.

13.2 RIGHT, never seen one run better than a 13.7 at the track. Keep building your car up in your head. So tired of hearing "my friend has this and that and its so fast". Well my brother best friend pool-guys friend neighbor friend BLA BLA is faster.

Users who are viewing this thread