Evolution Performance - First 2013 Shelby GT500 In the 8's with a 6-Speed Video!

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
First 13 GT500 in 8's with a stick? Hell it's like one of THREE Mustangs ever to run 8's with a synchronized real stick shift transmission that I know of. There is only one 6 speed fbody in the 8's, well two if you count that 2010 Camaro that did it, only a couple Vipers (one went 7.9's also though), a handful of Supras (one of those also went 7.90's) and I do noty think any vettes.

WAY WAY WAY WAY more impressive than watching a run of the mill auto car do it.

Jared Cocanougher running a 8.82 at Muncie dragway - YouTube

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Just basic stuff race seats ,ect. No reason to run more boost and beat the hell out of it. 4.2 ? we will see the lil 3.6 doing pretty good if you ask me.First time the car was at the track with this set up ,got some tweaking to do.:coolman:

Race weight?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
It amazes the crap out of me that all kinds of crap just doesn't break immediately after launches like that.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I know right! Imagine if it was lined up beside you! Lmfao

I know, it would be even worse. :pepper:

As impressive as the pass is, that 60 ft is HORRIBLE for the power the car makes. So that shows there is quite a bit left in it, and it's not as easy as just letting go of a t brake button and letting the converter do the launch for you like in an auto car.

That car should be in the 1.20's 60 ft, if it gets it, that et is going to fall like a rock.

Makes sense. To me though a 6 speed car hiting 1.3's is pretty damn good.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Wow, very impressive! I love the pictures at the end of the video, nicely done.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That's a nice combo, flat powercurve, tall gears and a factory 6spd running 8s! I would be concerned about longevity though. TS creates a lot of stress on everything, a factory tremec will eventually give in a 3700lb+ car pushing 800ft/lbs+ at 2,500rpms.

I've been wrong before though!

Z28

Established Member
I'm going to guess no powershifting to help save the trans? Lifting the fronts tires in 2nd and 3rd is awesome, but that's a huge loss in momentum when the front end dives that much. The car definitely has more in it!

Love the 6-speed cars! Keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread