Evolve The Game

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Has anyone played this game? Got it last night as part of a valentine's gift basket along with the pre-order of 1886:rockon:

The 4 hunters and one monster online play seems intriguing.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Zemedici

Established Member
Seen videos of it. Seemed cool but it appeared like it would get old fast. I got dying light and have yet to play it.

Sirraf

Established Member
I have it. It is pretty hard honestly if you are the Monster against a good team with tactics. The monsters are pretty sweet. Its already been confirmed there will be alot of DLC coming very quick with more monsters to choose from and characters.

Riddla

Established Member
I have it. It is pretty hard honestly if you are the Monster against a good team with tactics. The monsters are pretty sweet. Its already been confirmed there will be alot of DLC coming very quick with more monsters to choose from and characters.

Are you on ps4 by any chance? I would like to give this a try but hesistant to try it by myself. As some of you know destiny becomes boring if you play solo which i believe this game will suffer from as well

Last edited:

Riddla

Established Member

double post ftw er ftl

Jbstang87

Established Member
It gets better as you learn how to use your characters. Pretty steep learning curve IMHO, but the thrill of the "hunt" is the main point of this game and you definitely get the feeling that you are a team of hunters going after one badass mofo who can turn your team to dust if even one of your members is not on point.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The E3 presentation did nothing for me and I too believe it will be repetitive not long after starting it. Maybe it will surprise us all and turn out to be quality.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Its already been confirmed there will be alot of DLC coming very quick with more monsters to choose from and characters.

A perfect example of why not to buy this game. Enabling a company to sale "additional" content in a pretty much bare bones game.

86Fbody

Established Member
A perfect example of why not to buy this game. Enabling a company to sale "additional" content in a pretty much bare bones game.
This is how most games are now a days. They may not have all monsters or maps or game modes hashed out and for 10 bucks getting more content isn't all that bad.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I was really pumped about it, til I watch some gameplay for it. That decided it for me real quick. It did not look impressive at all, timed rounds of trying to save people, it would get old quick. Ill let it hit the $10 bin before I buy it. Im even considering doing that with The Order. They build so much hype for games, then they suck. Ive wasted a lot of money on hype.

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
Has anyone played this game? Got it last night as part of a valentine's gift basket along with the pre-order of 1886:rockon:

The 4 hunters and one monster online play seems intriguing.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Haven't yet played but reviews by the majors were positive overall (IGN, Game Informer etc.) I too have 1886 preordered I've seen a bunch of bad rumors around saying the campaign on that one is REALLY short. I am hoping they are not true.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
This is how most games are now a days. They may not have all monsters or maps or game modes hashed out and for 10 bucks getting more content isn't all that bad.

True, but the consumers have the power to change this.

86Fbody

Established Member
True, but the consumers have the power to change this.
To an extent, however you cannot say that a a Dev would be able to think up everything they want in a game when it comes out. It is also unfair to say that when they come up with new skins, maps, characters, etc that they should just give all that work away for free.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
anyone have a good game play video of this? Also i prefer single player. Is it even worth it for me? This will be played on PC. Hopefully it's available for pc.

DanTheMan18

Established Member
To an extent, however you cannot say that a a Dev would be able to think up everything they want in a game when it comes out. It is also unfair to say that when they come up with new skins, maps, characters, etc that they should just give all that work away for free.

I have zero issues whatsoever with DLC that's generated after the initial release. In fact, I fully support it; if your game sells successfully, WHY NOT generate more content for users? If I like the game enough, I'd gladly contribute more for additional content.

What I have a big problem with, is Day One DLC. You're taking the full package that COULD be available the day of release, shearing off options and draining the user of even more cash beyond the regular $60 asking price. Another example of that, is on Steam, some users paid $100 for the Evolve "Monster PC Race" version, and EVEN THAT does not cover the full amount of Day One DLC that was pushed out (which they found out later).

A bit of satire on this specific topic.. http://www.p4rgaming.com/take-two-c...if-people-would-just-pay-120-dollars-upfront/

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I have zero issues whatsoever with DLC that's generated after the initial release. In fact, I fully support it; if your game sells successfully, WHY NOT generate more content for users? If I like the game enough, I'd gladly contribute more for additional content.

What I have a big problem with, is Day One DLC. You're taking the full package that COULD be available the day of release, shearing off options and draining the user of even more cash beyond the regular $60 asking price. Another example of that, is on Steam, some users paid $100 for the Evolve "Monster PC Race" version, and EVEN THAT does not cover the full amount of Day One DLC that was pushed out (which they found out later).

A bit of satire on this specific topic.. http://www.p4rgaming.com/take-two-c...if-people-would-just-pay-120-dollars-upfront/

After reading the comments from the developers all I say is **** you! Every other company can produce great games for $60, and then some DLC after the fact. but you feel entitled to more than twice that. The way they are saying it, there is no later content, they have all of it now, but are going to trickle it in for a bigger cash grab.

Screw that, I may look at this game now when it's in the bargain bin.

Edit: Just saw it was satire, but my general view is the same. Getting sick of content being held hostage. If this nonsense keeps up how long before we see Madden with 15 teams, and you have to download the remaining or other bs.

Last edited:

DanTheMan18

Established Member
After reading the comments from the developers all I say is **** you! Every other company can produce great games for $60, and then some DLC after the fact. but you feel entitled to more than twice that. The way they are saying it, there is no later content, they have all of it now, but are going to trickle it in for a bigger cash grab.

Screw that, I may look at this game now when it's in the bargain bin.

Just to clear any confusion, the link I posted was to a satirical website (it's essentially the equivalent of a profootballmock to profootballtalk comparison).

With that being said, the narration (albeit it made up and basically a mockery of how this game and its buttload of Day One DLC was released) seems close to nailing the topic on the head. The game itself was released on the 9th, and currently there's a "Season Pass" (which still doesn't cover all available DLC) for $24.99, and $60 dollars worth of DLC that was made available on day one.

Personally speaking - while I understand that the DLC is a "happy to glad" and not necessary by any means, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth with the day one release, especially when I am having a hard time finding $60 worth of content in the game (even if what is offered as DLC was included in the core package) to begin with.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
May have missed my edit when I noticed it was a satire site. :lol1:

But yeah, I was very unimpressed with the beta and was going to consider picking it up when it dropped some in price. Now with this never ending upcharge I wont be bothered with it.

FordRooster24

Established Member
Haven't yet played but reviews by the majors were positive overall (IGN, Game Informer etc.) I too have 1886 preordered I've seen a bunch of bad rumors around saying the campaign on that one is REALLY short. I am hoping they are not true.

They said that was just a rumor. Campaign should be around 12 to 15 hours long. The rumor was 6 and I just don't see that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread