He has a 2013 GT500 CONVERTIBLE

His best time is:

Bone Stock down to the tires
12.48@116
60 ft: 2.3 (if I remember right)
Tire Pressure: 20 lbs
TC on
LC on

Our track is not the greatest here (poor track prep) and elevation is above 4000 ft, so I don't know if that is a factor. It is a convertible...so heavier by 100+ lbs. The MPH seems pretty low. Now granted, he is not a seasonal drag strip guy, so definitely experience is a factor.

So your recommendations? He was running low 13s and is improving, but seems that his MPH is way low. And it has some bogging...dumping the clutch seems to make this happen.

Suggestions on his next set up down the track?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The nannies actually hamper the cars performance, hence why it bogs ( discussed in another thread) I was getting similar 60 ft's my first time out however I was trapping 122-123. The elevation might have something to do with it....dumping the clutch doesnt really work either bone stock, a roll out might be better. Ill let the experts comment though, Ive only gone once and am planning to make adjustments...I would like to get a 12 flat or high 11's bone stock before I do DR's

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
4000ft is definately a big part of the low mph. He needs to roll off the line as if he is leaving a normal stop, but a tad more aggressive.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
With the bad altitude and bad 2.3 60ft , this car is easily 11.8s capable with a better launch and altitude. Impressive I still think for a vert.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
MARC hes not going to get much better then that MPH ya if he shifted better sure but still our air quality is some of the worst in the country. Altitude has 90% to do with the low MPH the time has to do with his driving....

driven correctly c6z06"s bone stock cant get any where near 120mph 07-09 gt500 bone stock barely do 109mph... Blk 850rwhp 03 twin cobra cant break 140mph..... I can bring more examples but you get the idea.. TRY TURNING ALL THE COMPUTER ASSISTED GARBAGE OFF AND DRIVE THE CAR. I bet I can get that car into the 11"s with in 3 runs, mph altitude time driver...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread