Excellent dead-stick landing on a city road

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Saw this on Jetcareers.com figured I'd post it here. Pretty impressive.

"Two pilots safely land an experimental plane on the roadway after the engine quits. Co-pilot is a professional cameraman who fitted the wing strut and interior with cameras, for what was supposed to be an uneventful ride to Sun and Fun. An excellent display of piloting at its best. No Damage to plane, property and people."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT58Di51wDk]YouTube - Successful landing after engine out in experimental plane[/ame]

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Haha yea that landing was something - good thing there was no one on the road.

I would have landed in the same place even if there were cars. I'd hope that people would be smart enough to hit the brakes and not rear end an airplane that's landing, but who knows. There's always the risk of nailing a power line going across the road, but that's a chance ya gotta take sometimes.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
It seems like theres always engine failure with those smaller planes for some reason. But great landing though, I probably would of freaked out.

svtwelch711

Established Member
My father who is a retired American Airlines Captain always had a saying about those planes. "Don't fly em' any higher than you want to fall". Years later i watch a video and i understand. :dw: Crazy how that works out sometimes.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Haha that was cool. I've ridden in a few sea planes for when I go fishing in Canada and they are called Otters and they are from the 1940's. The first time you ride one it is pretty scary. That guy did a great job landing the plane.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Not that big a deal, unless there is no road to land on, or cars on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread