Excessive is FOCUSED

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
The Focus is "ALIVE" so I have heard. Running and burning in the new header wrap and assorted new engine stuff.

Fully built RACE engine installed by Excessive this week. I should have it back by Saturday or before :banana::banana:

JE pistons,Eagle rods,Cometic gaskets,ARP studs upper and lower,and Clevite H-series bearings.. CAMS were ground by the folks in Europe who do the Cosworth engines.

Then put 500 or more miles on it for break in period, oil change, then on the rollers to get the dyno tune dialed in.

After that, keep an eye out for a pesky 4 banger coming up behind you on the track :rockon::rockon: or WV Route 9 :lol:

8-8.5 K RPM should be the new redline and pushing 14psi she should make some good HP

Will let you all know what I end up with..

Ken

:beer::beer:

Last edited:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Thanks guys, I am guessing well North of 300 HP to the wheels.

I have done so many mods to the Focus it would be tough to list them all.

Let's just say I started totally Stock in May of 2008 and had a blast.

Got addicted which meant I needed (wanted) to go faster :bash:

This led to Slicks for tires, brake mods, suspension mods, strut braces, engine and exhaust mods, PROCHARGER, and many many more items

Now time to lose some weight off the fat lil car :lol:

I will be selling the very nice Heated Recarro's and the back seat before too long to make room for racing seats and the roll bar.

(YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IT) you have a very nice LITE Carbon Fiber hood sitting in your Dining room...this one looks like the 03-04 Cobra hood with the heat extractors.. weighs next to nothing :burnout:

The engine rebuild portion of this project started May 2009, and with any luck I will debut the new setup at VIR Oct. 10th and 11th.

Dayum, this is going to be fun :dancenana::dancenana:

Thanks again guys and huge Kudos to a variety of shops (Excessive/BAP/LUND/SGS/UCF in PA) that have gotten me this far.

All of these guys are top notch and I could not have gotten here without them.

Ken

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Sounds like a screamer! Stay away form the Civics!

Civics? I think I can clear most of them now :banana::banana:

Scott, I think back and the most fun I have to date was playing with the P at Summit Point when I was close to stock ;-)

You need to get back out on the track

Ken

convert03cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the compliment, I think....:shrug:

Of course it was a compliment. And I can't wait to see that bad A$$ focus. That thing is going to be sick by the time you are done with it! BTW, your old black rims look real good on my red focus. I will have to send you some pics.

Venimus03

Established Member
Good deal Ken

Maybe you all should start up some focus get togethers. Rob can start it with his sick focus!! So lets see, Ken, Rob, Jon, Greg, Anthony, Mike, anyone else? LOL

Last edited:

convert03cobra

Established Member
Good deal Ken

Maybe you all should start up some focus get togethers. Rob can start it with his sick focus!! So lets see, Ken, Rob, Jon, Greg, Anthony, Mike, anyone else? LOL

Lets just "focus" on the topic of kens car here Richie. And we all know that my stock focus is the fastest now that I've installed a sirius stiletto 2 radio in it last month.

Users who are viewing this thread