Exciting new buy.. had to share.

nxhappy

Established Member
i couldn't find a nice 13/14 for less than $45k and i didnt want to spend that much.

I was able to get mine for $29,750. Decent deal.. not the best, but good. Considering the condition of the car, im happy.

I actually missed out on a white 2008 with HIDs with 7k miles for $28k in Orange County... it sold in a day.

Trans is a dream so far! My '14 GT was an MT82 car and while i thought it shifted good, this trans does shift better and is more positive in the feel. Less rubbery feeling than the mt82 shifter.

I have the 3.73s left over from my '14 when i swapped 3.27s into it... they will find their way back into duty in this car real soon! With the less aggressive TR6060 gearing (vs mt82) this poor thing needs gears!
wow that's a really good deal. I sold mine for 29k but it had over 25000 miles. one thing, this motors run HOT so get expansion IC tank, 170 tstat, and dual fan heat exhanger ...that will prepare it for more boost >=P

Recon

Established Member
Trans is a dream so far! My '14 GT was an MT82 car and while i thought it shifted good, this trans does shift better and is more positive in the feel. Less rubbery feeling than the mt82 shifter.

I have the 3.73s left over from my '14 when i swapped 3.27s into it... they will find their way back into duty in this car real soon! With the less aggressive TR6060 gearing (vs mt82) this poor thing needs gears!

Oh I know. I drove my buddy's Condor and damn that TR6060 is awesome. I plan on swapping it into both my 3V's. Don't like the 3650 that's in them.
Put some 4.10's in that thing and let her scream!

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Very nice grab, loved the early S197 GT500s, had an 09 for a short period of time. I always find myself looking at craigslist etc for another low mile one..

nxhappy

Established Member
Oh I know. I drove my buddy's Condor and damn that TR6060 is awesome. I plan on swapping it into both my 3V's. Don't like the 3650 that's in them.
Put some 4.10's in that thing and let her scream!

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.
+1 on the 410s. those will make the woman's panties wet ...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
wow that's a really good deal. I sold mine for 29k but it had over 25000 miles. one thing, this motors run HOT so get expansion IC tank, 170 tstat, and dual fan heat exhanger ...that will prepare it for more boost >=P

great info, thank you very much. ill use this.

Very nice grab, loved the early S197 GT500s, had an 09 for a short period of time. I always find myself looking at craigslist etc for another low mile one..

thanks!

thanks for all the kind words. Got home from work today and started tinkering with it some more...

I check each of the 4 tires and the DOT branded date on each verifies they are the original tires from 2007 LOL. not even dry rotted.. no checking at all. I was surprised by that.

So that got me thinking... I jumped into the engine bay and pulled the air filter. Anyone know who supplied the stock air filters on these cars? This one has a date code that makes me think its the original air filter as well!

take a look at this pic below.. .crazy!

Attachments

• IMG_3993.JPG
    IMG_3993.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 87

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey man, great find, super clean car.

Id leave the stripes on the car, they look great.

Keep us updated!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice pick up! Change all the fluids, enjoy!

oil was done but there was no mention of trans or diff fluid.... coolant is fresh.

sounds advice, thanks.

Hey man, great find, super clean car.

Id leave the stripes on the car, they look great.

Keep us updated!

I will... wish I could have gone down your path.. love your car!

Gorgeous! Silver on black is perfect. That 4K shift light is probably a blessing.

thank you! from my research you are probably correct... i'll be upgrading to the 08+ balancer REAL soon.

Famine

Established Member
Ive been contemplating this switch more and more. Idk if i could give up my green monster though and start slow again. Also doubt i would get anywhere near what i wanted for my car.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Thanks for sharing that is clean as hell. Cant believe thats a 10 year old car.
My bike is 10 years old too and people are amazed that its that old. Good thing its been garage kept it's whole life. Wish this site still had the damn beer toast smilie

mavisky

Established Member
Great pickup. The sportline springs are definitely more about looks than performance. That being said I love them on my convertible lol.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Nice find. I suspect there's a ton of low mileage early GT500s out there that people bought as investments. They represent a good opportunity now.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My bike is 10 years old too and people are amazed that its that old. Good thing its been garage kept it's whole life. Wish this site still had the damn beer toast smilie

I'm going to add that back. I miss it too.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Congrats! They are such fun cars! You made me hit memory lane!

Attachments

• trufiber 3.jpg
    trufiber 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • Shelby rear TF.jpg
    Shelby rear TF.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 78

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Threads like this make me wish I had money to blow on cars. Buy two, drive one all the time or most of the time and eventually sell, the other to keep low miles, maybe as an investment. Then I would also need a ton of space, climate controlled warehouse with lifts. Damn less money

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive been contemplating this switch more and more. Idk if i could give up my green monster though and start slow again. Also doubt i would get anywhere near what i wanted for my car.

Do it! The experience is totally different. I loved my Coyote car but being a base model i missed out on a LOT that a car like this has to offer.

The sound system alone is fantastic for a 10 y/o car.

The seating position is better, the seats fit me better (odd because they are very similar to base '14 seats abeit leather), the trans shifts amazing. The roots blower type power is different... whole different experience.

Wife got mad when i pulled up because she thought i was buying a used car and was pissed because i went against my word and bought a new one.

I had to talk her off the ledge on that one.

Great pickup. The sportline springs are definitely more about looks than performance. That being said I love them on my convertible lol.

I think it looks (as does yours) amazing. It really does.

At 38 y/o, im beginning to hate the ride that comes along with these looks though LOL.

Nice find. I suspect there's a ton of low mileage early GT500s out there that people bought as investments. They represent a good opportunity now.

There are plenty of them out here... just very few under $30k out West in this mileage bracket and that was my target price.

Congrats! They are such fun cars! You made me hit memory lane!

Wow your car looks incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Wow, incredible find. You have to love finding mileage like that from that year.

I love the drop on the car though, what don't you like about the springs?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^ they ride too rough. Not fun over anything other than a near-perfect surface.

Actually dangerous if you're on power and hit a large bump.. it can unsettle the whole car. I may have experienced that last night lol.

they sure do make the car look great though... I'll find a nice compromise and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread