Excuse Me...

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
...But I had no idea what a SHO was until today. I was browsing through SVTP, perusing through the forums and finally decided to do a search on 'Taurus SHO'. I was led to SHOtimes <http://www.shotimes.com/>. Super High Output 220HP 24 valve DOHC V-6...I am impressed! I had just recently seen my first SVT Contour <http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25856> and was wondering which of the two (CSVT vs. SHO) is quicker in the 1/4 and would trap higher?

SteedaSVT

Established Member
LOL your excused

Umm stock vs stock the SHO passes it right at the end.
I had both at the same time. SHO traps higher

Pretty impressive for the grocery getter's

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
And I would have had my money on the CSVT. What are some of the better...

60' times?
1/8 mile times?
1/4 miles times?
1/4 MPH?

...of the SHO? An estimate is fine. What have you guys done? Is there a 12-second SHO here in the forum?

Mullet

Established Member
I dont know whether he is a member of svtp or not but mark Nunnaly's Sho ran a 12.9 @109mph and that is the fastest time that i know of. Stock Sho's run between 15.0-15.5. Although there have been some factory freaks to run lower. The first gen especially the 89 were arguably faster because of their less weight due to no air bags etc. And the 3rd gen shos came with the v8 rated at 235hp but was slower than the v6 because it had more weight and was only available in auto. The sound and look of the sho motor is amazing and if you havent ridin in one or atleast checked one out i think you should, they are a great sleeper for beating on the ricers.

snake8u

Established Member
I used to have an 89 SHO. It impressed the hell out of me. Took it to the local track one night and suprised alot of prople. Everyone wanted me to pop the hood and see what I had. They wanted to know if it was turbo or supercharged, or even if I had nos on it. Only hated one thing about that car the dang Cable shifter broke it twice. Before putting in a rod conversion. So much better. The powerband it had reminds me alot of my 98 cobra I have now. The quickest I ran after learning to get out of the hole was 14.99.:coolman:

DarkHalo

Established Member
yeah im really impressed with some of the things i have heard that have been done to these things. so far from what i can tell they are badass cars

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I bought mine new in 1989 and just can't seem to part with it. I love the car that much.

There are two things I can guarantee about this car:

1. You will love it.

2. You will have to work on this car more than any other vehicle you own :(

But, it's well worth it:beer:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
So SHO over CSVT. Who wins the bench race between SHO and SVTF?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ox03
So SHO over CSVT. Who wins the bench race between SHO and SVTF?

Man that's a tough one? I never drove the SVT Contour but I hear real cool stuff about them. I guess you'll have to drive both and find out which one YOU like better!!

Good Luck!!:beer:

Mullet

Established Member
I havent personally driven the CSVT but i remember some people selling their sho's and buying one. From what i heard they wish they had never done so. The CSVT will kill the sho in the twisties but not in the straights.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Mullet
I havent personally driven the CSVT but i remember some people selling their sho's and buying one. From what i heard they wish they had never done so. The CSVT will kill the sho in the twisties but not in the straights.

There is quite a weight difference in the two, NO DOUBT!

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Ive owned a 95 ATX SHO, 95 MTX SHO (Stage 1 Bolt On), and a 00 SVT Contour, and now the 02 L

Truthfully the SHO is just a better vehicle, the SVT Contour was made for the turns, not straight line. Jumping in from a dealer lot from a SHO to SVT Contour, there is a major feel of lose of power. I had my SVT Contour for about a year before I got tired of the lack of balls.

Ive seen stock SHO run a 14.7, where I pulled a 15.1 on my SVT Contour. The TQ is the big help with the SHO.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Thats not a true statement. It depends what you are looking for in the two. If you want luxury, creature comforts, high maintenance, and sub-par braking and handling get the SHO, if you want a well rounded package with not as many creature comforts then get teh CSVT.

Now, if you want to talk 1320, STOCK v STOCK, too many variables. As J said many stock SHOs (mainly 89 or 92s) have run as quick as 14.7ish. About the fastest STOCK CSVT has ran a 15.1ish (J).

Now if you want to talk handling/braking (STOCK) the CSVT wins pretty well hands down. PERIOD.

So, it all depends on what you are looking for.

If you race the two stock, the SHO pulls away in 3rd gear. PERIOD.

Originally posted by 02JSVT

Truthfully the SHO is just a better vehicle,

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I agree with you there, but what moron paid 22k for the CSVT? Shoulda just bought a used one for about 10k less..........:shrug:

Originally posted by 02JSVT
Id say for 22$k they could have dressed up the SVT C inside a litte more.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I love both cars, but thats the truth!! :beer:

Originally posted by ac427cobra
Ryan:

You crack me up. ;-) Well said though! :beer:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
in cars maybe...women, I don't think that applies...

Users who are viewing this thread